View Single Post

Phenglei
10.06.2017 , 10:48 AM | #22
How many characters will I have after the merge?

The short answer : Too many.

But a lot of them are low-level alts that I never got around to developing, so I'll be deleting them, anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by SourOrange View Post
I hope Bioware does a big sale on character slots
Well, a discount on character slots would be better than nothing, but I honestly don't think it's quite fair to expect players to pay Bioware any significant amount of Cartel Coins (possibly purchased with real money) to deal with a situation that Bioware is creating.

I would much rather that the developers simply increase the number of character slots that players can have per server. Fortunately, it looks like they are :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=933608&page=8

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Totally hear you on this, and it is a fair concern. We are looking at two numbers to potentially increase. First, maximum chars allowed per server (currently 52) and the amount of "default" char slots a sub has (currently 12). Hoping to have some locked down details to share in the next couple of weeks, with the ultimate goal of largely alleviating the issue you presented above.
Eric Musco said that they would try to increase the character slots allowed per server, to "largely alleviate" the issue of a player having to delete a large number of characters in order to create a new one.

What exactly "largely alleviate" actually means, though, is anybody's guess.
"What I mean is ... Yes, they are blue berries, but they're not necessarily blueberries. Because while all blueberries are blue berries, not all blue berries are blueberries. You see?"