View Single Post

Vagessel
10.05.2017 , 10:39 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
So, with all this talk about name preservation criteria, I was wondering what the /played time was for all my characters. I was especially curious since I've heard people toss around numbers like 100, 200, or even 300 days. So I checked my main, who I have had since early access and played regularly since. She clocked in at 48 days, 13 hours.

Which has me wondering...are there actually people with 100+ days on a single character? I was kind of hoping that people throwing around those numbers were just exaggerating. I mean, I'm not even close to that after playing almost nightly since Dec 2011, although I have always divided my time between alts as well, so that lowers all of them overall.

My next highest alt was at 15 days. I was actually surprised that I had several alts with higher times than other alts who I considered "more important." I finally figured out what was causing this discrepancy: KOTFE and KOTET. Those are two VERY long storylines, and every character I had who I'd taken through them had higher times than the ones who had not, even when my perception was that I'd played other chars more.

What's your highest /played time? That of your next highest alt?
Of late I've been having a nagging concern that my playtime might be a little out of my control. I feel I play waayyy too much and might have a problem. Sometimes, after hours of play, I'd sit staring blankly at the monitor, just tired of playing but not willing to log out. I've played since launch, with a two or three year break in between. I've sometimes thought I need to delete all my characters and force myself to quit - for my own good.

So after seeing this post I went and checked my /played, fully expecting to be horrified. On my main:

14 days 8 hours 15 minutes

Ya'll need Jesus

And maybe a job or two. LOL