View Single Post

IoNonSoEVero
09.28.2017 , 01:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodolebon View Post
It's true that while playing, that was a great moment.
As a player though, i thought "it's nice, but it's the "your choices mattered" chapter (but they didn't, really).
The only choice i wanted, i didn't get, it was not to sit on the throne, but that's my character, i'll see what happens with my Sorc who badly wants the seat ^^

But again, if Valkorion is alive and ruling at the start, why would he want anything to change, torment one person, and then try to come back on the throne in another vessel?
His vessel looked pretty ok to me, didn't seem to be consumed by power...
IMHO choices *do* matter in Chapter 9. The two companions for 9 are variable depending on whether you killed Arcann and Senya, to start (I personally am grateful I have the ability to keep Lana and Theron there). There are also two DS choices that influence the battle; one makes it easier and the other harder (whether you chose to keep Lord Dramath and whether you chose to kill Arcann).

In terms of Valkorion's vessel - he was getting older, so maybe he felt it was time for an upgrade. Or, alternatively, maybe his disappointment in his kids made him start shopping, or perhaps the Commander intrigued him enough to prompt a desire to move.

Valkorion does mention that the last person he "hollowed out" was also a warrior who had achieved a lot, and it could be that he gets some sick satisfaction from taking over someone who is at the top of their game.