View Single Post

IoNonSoEVero
09.26.2017 , 10:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by thebumpkin View Post
On the contrary It makes perfect sense. Lucid dreaming is probably the best real life example of what you did to Valkorion in that final battle.
I think this is spot on. The player's own psyche coaches them through the first part of that chapter, telling them over and over again to save themselves and leading them in the right direction. They literally build their own bridges as they repair their memories. And a lot of KOTFE and KOTET is about the Commander learning to trust in their own abilities. When Valkorion's trying to tempt them to use his power, over and over again he's telling them that they can't do it alone and undercutting their confidence. And in all the other chapters, if the Commander tells Valkorion to leave their mind, they're always sort of *asking* him...not ordering him.

So going in a Wizard of Oz type direction - "You had the power to go home all along, but you wouldn't have believed me if I'd told you before" - makes a lot of sense to me. The Commander's finally able to draw on the power to kill Valkorion once and for all because they realize they can.