View Single Post

yellow_
09.25.2017 , 02:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ooha View Post
Dot specs will retain a higher up time in pvp than a burst spec. In theory, they would benefit more from a static, larger bonus damage value.
I'm not sure I agree with this, and here's how I see it. If you imagine a spec that does completely consistent, unchanging trickle damage it is going to benefit from whatever relic setup provides the most amount of stat in the long run. Regardless of whether or not it comes from procs or from just a lot of passive stat. If the procs provided more overall stat they would provide more overall dps, regardless of how randomly placed in the rotation they are in this scenario.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ooha View Post
While a burst spec, the damage remains chaotic. Lining up "windows" (when your relics are procced) can generate greater damage values in a short period due the exaggerated stat weights in power/mastery - especially if both are procced at the same time.
Things get tricky here. You're right, but in order to use this line of reasoning to determine which is preferable you'd also need to account for the exaggerated waste that happens when relics proc during low damage filler or energy management windows. I have a hard time wrapping my head around figuring this one out.

I'm actually going to do something I should have already, which is visit the bolsterizer and figure which relic setup provides more raw stat, assuming good relic uptime.