Thread: Time To Update
View Single Post

SteveTheCynic
09.21.2017 , 06:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinhammer View Post
They really do need to do something to rein in the ridiculous decorations pricing, and unlocks seems to be the best option.
I think you mean "improved availability". The unlocks being discussed here are *one* way to improve availability, but not the only one. I think they have an advantage over all other possibilities of simplicity from a user-experience point of view, but only really for CM-pack decos.

For CM-pack decos: a category in Collections, with all the decos listed, and a "buy another" button on each one. Yeah, I know, now you just have to set a price. I'd be inclined to do the basic division hinted at above: one deco per pack out of five items in the pack means that deco is priced at one fifth of the pack's basic price. We could argue about whether there should be a markup because you can buy exactly the one you want rather than having to rely on the non-existent goodwill of the Mistress of Pain, aka the goddess Fortuna.

For CMC decos: for these, all that's necessary is an improved supply of CMCs. If CMCs are more common, ALL items on the CMC vendors will be easier to get. Well. If we also have a supply of reputation tokens.

For mob-drop decos: that's a case of adjusting the loot tables. If they drop more often, they will be easier to get and the GTN prices will drop.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.