View Single Post

t-darko
09.18.2017 , 05:36 AM | #15
Sometimes when I watch these trailers I just watch them, you know, is there any cool stuff happening, but most often I try to get a particular Star Wars feeling, a kind of sensitive probing of how much star Wars they manage to get across. In other words I don't pay that much attention to details. I'm not that calendar biting Fan putting every frame under the microscope, but sometimes I have my moments . . .

In season 2 and before Ezra lightsaber color have been blue, now forget the old EU canon, now called legends, when it comes to Light saber color, e.a Kyber Crystal color; "Crystals lacked color before they were chosen by a Jedi. Once chosen, most lightsabers became blue or green, though other shades were created in rare instances, most notably Mace Windu's purple blade, the yellow blades of the Jedi Temple Guards, the black Darksaber, and Ahsoka Tano's white lightsabers.Crystals lacked color before they were chosen by a Jedi. Once chosen, most lightsabers became blue or green, though other shades were created in rare instances, most notably Mace Windu's purple blade, the yellow blades of the Jedi Temple Guards, the black Darksaber, and Ahsoka Tano's white lightsabers."

What we learn is that the saber color is dependent on the user! In the last episode of Season 2 Ezra, when in the temple on Malachor, lights up a crossguard saber which blade is Green. We know that the temple not only house a ancient super weapon but also is a place of knowledge, and that Ezra keeps and study the Temples Holocron together with Maul.

In the beginning of Season 3 is Ezra's lightsaber Green!! Now why does I think this is important? Well, we know that the Kyber crystal changes as it adapts to its carrier and user, Let's take a look at former Jedi's with Green lightsabers; Qui-Gon Jinn, a controversial Jedi that finds the alleged "chosen One", Yoda, who were 800 years old, said to be wise beyond any other Jedi, and Master to the Son of the "Chosen One", and finally, the Jedi not yet trained in the Rebels timeline, but none the less, Luke Skywalker son of Anakin/Darth Vader aka "The Chosen One".

Knowing this, we know that Ezra wielded a Green lightsaber through out season 3 and from the trailer we know he is still. also from the trailers we know that Ezra got some kind of knowledge revelation with the help from the "Loth-wolfs"
Why do I think this is important? Well, giving the character of the Kyber Crystal and how it reacts to the Jedi wielding it; Ezra's role is significant in the Star Wars Saga. It tells us that Ezra already is a Jedi who uses knowledge as a weapon as much as his lightsaber, such as Qui-Gon and Yoda and later Luke. What it also could mean is that season 4 isn't the last we gonna see of Ezra in the Star Wars Universe. Think the story arching with Ahsoka, Rex, Tarkin etc, etc but mostly think how they use Yoda and lately Saw Gerrera.

Might Ezra make the transition to the Big Screen, or just into other future animated or other Star Wars series? My speculation? The Green LightSaber might be a sign of that. Might he even be a future Dark Lord Villian?