View Single Post

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
09.15.2017 , 11:01 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
As the other answer said, there isn't a best location per skill.

But:
* Each planet except the starter worlds has its own set of gatherable resources. A particular planet will have one grade of resources (1-10), and the further you are in the total story, the higher the grade. See below.
* Each planet that has resources has all four gatherable types (Scav, Bio, Arch, and Slicing) at the same grade. They might have different distributions within the planet, but they're all there. See below.
* If you want lower or higher graded resources than a planet offers, you must go to a different planet.

So, which planets have which grades? Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Imperial Balmorra, and Republic Taris all have Grade 1. Zakuul and Darvannis have grade 9. Iokath has grade 10. Yavin has grade 8. And so on. I don't have a complete list immediately to hand, sorry.

And why are the distributions different? Well, the best example is Zakuul. All the Bio resources are in the Endless Swamp, along with a bunch of Arch resources. Breaktown has Scav and Slicing. But there are similar unevennesses on, say, Yavin: around the first temple building in the middle of the map, there are many Arch nodes, but around the two initial camps (on the right on the map), you'll find mostly Bio and Scav and not much Arch, if any.

And don't forget to slaughter heavy (sliver, gold, and champion) droids (Scav) and beasts (Bio) for extra nodes. On Yavin, heavy Massassi count as beasts.
Yeah a list of planet grades is basically what I was looking for but I'm guessing it will basically go up as planet levels rise?

And what do you mean kill beasts for extra nodes? Do they just appear more frequently if you kill stuff?

Great tips otherwise thanks for the reply

Edit: Also, not sure what you mean by the distributions are different? Do you only find each type of mat in certain areas of each map? The way you said all Bio resources are in the Endless Swamp on Zakuul etc? Cos if that was the case I will have to try find a map that will tell me the general area of the resources on each map.