View Single Post

Sith-Viscera
09.09.2017 , 06:24 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
On the question of Disney and mature themes / gore / near-gore, well, there is historical precedent. I draw your attention to a few films:
* The Black Hole. One main character is killed by evisceration (without gore, but it's blatantly obvious what happens) about two inches off-screen.
* Tron. The original Tron film had a substantial level of mature (not sexual, just serious) thematics.
* Tron: Legacy. In this film, there's more of the mature thematics, and one "red-shirt" type character is shot through the head by a large-calibre virtual air-to-air round.
* Dragonslayer. OK, it was funded by rather than made by Disney, but their name appears on the packaging. Some complex political intrigue themes and a substantial number of deaths. One character is shown being burned alive by the dragon.

And let's not forget a 1943 Disney classic whose title speaks for itself. High-Altitude Precision Bombing.
Thank you for doing the work for me and pointing out those films. I knew there was some Questionable Disney films out there. And the Black Hole is one of my favorite films.....
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G