View Single Post

SteveTheCynic
09.08.2017 , 09:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by doohickeyexpress View Post
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree. The company is owned by Disney now, and I don't think we'll ever see anything gory. I'm not even sure that they would release something like SWTOR, with the mature content that it has. But would I like to see a gory star wars? Hell yes.
On the question of Disney and mature themes / gore / near-gore, well, there is historical precedent. I draw your attention to a few films:
* The Black Hole. One main character is killed by evisceration (without gore, but it's blatantly obvious what happens) about two inches off-screen.
* Tron. The original Tron film had a substantial level of mature (not sexual, just serious) thematics.
* Tron: Legacy. In this film, there's more of the mature thematics, and one "red-shirt" type character is shot through the head by a large-calibre virtual air-to-air round.
* Dragonslayer. OK, it was funded by rather than made by Disney, but their name appears on the packaging. Some complex political intrigue themes and a substantial number of deaths. One character is shown being burned alive by the dragon.

And let's not forget a 1943 Disney classic whose title speaks for itself. High-Altitude Precision Bombing.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.