View Single Post

Kernel_Cinders
08.15.2017 , 02:07 PM | #9
I play on Begeren Colony and I have seen players selling items that have had their name completely removed. When you see an item that has had the crafter's name removed, that means that the item was bought on another server and then transferred to another server.

I have characters on every server so whenever I want to check what the going price on something I check Jedi Covenant, Harbinger, Shadowlands, and Ebon Hawk to see what the average prices are because Begeren Colony, overall, is more expensive due to less players selling on the GTN.

Recently I have upgraded a bunch of my alts to have 246 Ear, Implants, Mods, and Enhancements. An item going for 1-1.5M on other more populated servers was going for 5-6M on my server and there was no way I was going to pay my server's prices, so I moved one of my characters to another server, bought what I wanted, then moved them back. That was when I noticed the crafter name being erased from the items.

I didn't do it to resell the items, but if I had wanted to, I could have easily tripled my investment. That's basically what is going on but it doesn't mean they are selling credits and nothing they are doing is against the rules. If a person can buy 100M worth of items and resell them for 300M for only 180CC (90CC per transfer) then they are going to do it and there's really nothing that can be done about it.

KC