View Single Post

Aeneas_Falco
08.15.2017 , 08:17 AM | #7
Any chance these are just whales playing the market?

Some players religiously watch GTN prices on on all the servers, and if one high end item is selling for a lot less on one they'll buy up, transfer to the server where it is listed high, and sell there. Mostly they do that with Cartel Market items, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few had expanded into also buying and relisting high end crafted stuff.

Are there any level restrictions to character transfers? If not the level 1s might just be alts used to server transfer and buy/sell.

Just speculating.

On the other hand I've noticed some crafting oddities of late, too. There are players who occasionally dump mid range crafted armor sets on the server for rock bottom prices, and not just one or two items, but like 7 to 10 at a time. (and critical hits for crafted armor sets don't spawn duplicates, they spawn augmented)

I've been buying and relisting and making money off of them long term, but I do wonder if maybe I'm buying from the mat farming bots who can afford to list well below market prices for the mats. Always different names, too.