View Single Post

caederon
06.30.2017 , 02:15 PM | #18
So, I have some stuff to post. Perhaps 'some' is an inadequate quantifier. Anyway, in the interest of space I'll spoiler-tag the whole mass of it.

The records thread takes a lot of flak from various people for a lot of reasons, none of which I agree with... so I'd like to point out a few things that mythbust some popular falsehoods.

1. I was solo queued in nearly all the matches in the following lists. I have nothing against teams, and in fact fly with several from time to time, but they are not required (or in fact even beneficial in some cases) for scoring well in the single-match record categories.

2. A number of my better scores came in losses. Most of those were relatively close, but there is a spread of blowouts, wins, losses, and decisive defeats. Individuals can excel in all situations, try their hardest (we're such tryhards, after all) and still lose while doing their best to help their teams.

3. Most of these matches were flown on relatively new alts. Lots of them came in ships that were not fully geared. Knowledge is the best weapon, especially when honed by practice. It is very easy to gear ships nowadays. The excuses for poor performance centering around 'gear gap' are largely invalid. Anyone can learn to do this stuff.

Anyway...

OVERALL TDM
Spoiler

OVERALL DOM
Spoiler

STRIKE FIGHTER
Spoiler

GUNSHIP
Spoiler

SCOUT
Spoiler

Finally, I am glad to see names new and old posting here, and hope that more will continue to do so and get lots of good data on single match performances represented from all around GSF.

- Despon