PvP On Iokath

EricMusco

People are still crying about mercs because they are terribad at the game and can't kill a merc? Stay triggered, snowflakes.

Everyone can kill a normal merc, the problem is it takes much more effort than killing any other spec, and it would be ignorant of anyone to deny that (no, dont give one or two more specific classes or specs who are as hard, that is not the point, all classes should be relatively equal there). I can kill mercs with my sin, I rarely fail there, and rarely do they kill me, but the fact soloing a normal merc is harder than fighting 2 sorcs at once (and even a sorc + sin) means something here is wrong, very wrong.

Your statement sounds like: "You noobs, mercs are not 100% invincible, and that means there is no problem with the current balance at all". The answer is: "Only a sith deals in absolute", they aren't indeed 100% invincible, they arent even 90%, but they are at least 20% above the majority of the 21 non-merc specs, and thats bad.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iokath will behave like all other open world areas in the game. If you are in a PvE instance, you will not experience any PvP unless you flag yourself or attempt to go into an enemy base (which could get you flagged).

-eric

Musco, since Game Update 4.3 which launched on April 5, 2016, so nearly one year ago, factional bases/medical droid respawn points have not worked like you describe in pve gameplay focus instances. On live currently, if you are in a pve-gameplay focus instance, entering an opposite faction base does not enable you to be attacked by opposite faction players. "Flagging yourself" also doesn't exist anymore since April 5, 2016 as you may only choose to change/swap your entire instance to a pvp-gameplay focus area or back to a pve gameplay focus area. This lack of "flagging" is preserved even in the open world pvp areas of Outlaw's Den and the Circle area of the Ilum Western Ice Shelf during the Relics of the Gree Event, such that these areas only work in their originally intended fashion (auto-flagging) in pvp-gameplay focus areas, and they do nothing to the player character in pve-gameplay focus instances.

Are you saying that Iokath works differently than the way pve-gameplay focus instances have worked for the past year? I'm not making a judgement on the value of such a hypothetical change, just asking for the factual workings of this specific Iokath region/content.

[*]You will be able to loot Iokath specific currency from other players that you kill. You will not actually be stealing that currency from them, but it will “drop” from them similar to how it works for NPCs.

[*]On Iokath you can spend that currency to do special things such as piloting a walker. You will be able to pilot the walker in the same area as other players and use said walker for murderous intent against enemy players.

There are PvE impacts to Faction selection (I will go into that in a separate post). Yes you can get that currency from all over the planet in addition to players.

-eric

Regarding these currencies, will they behave like Ziost Memory Holographs and be bound to legacy, and will a player be able to use the currency to purchases stacks of Unassembled Components, or will Unassembled Components be rewarded by any of the content in Iokath (including pvp and pve oriented content)?

Musco, since Game Update 4.3 which launched on April 5, 2016, so nearly one year ago, factional bases/medical droid respawn points have not worked like you describe in pve gameplay focus instances. On live currently, if you are in a pve-gameplay focus instance, entering an opposite faction base does not enable you to be attacked by opposite faction players. "Flagging yourself" also doesn't exist anymore since April 5, 2016 as you may only choose to change/swap your entire instance to a pvp-gameplay focus area or back to a pve gameplay focus area. This lack of "flagging" is preserved even in the open world pvp areas of Outlaw's Den and the Circle area of the Ilum Western Ice Shelf during the Relics of the Gree Event, such that these areas only work in their originally intended fashion (auto-flagging) in pvp-gameplay focus areas, and they do nothing to the player character in pve-gameplay focus instances.

Are you saying that Iokath works differently than the way pve-gameplay focus instances have worked for the past year? I'm not making a judgement on the value of such a hypothetical change, just asking for the factual workings of this specific Iokath region/content.

Regarding these currencies, will they behave like Ziost Memory Holographs and be bound to legacy, and will a player be able to use the currency to purchases stacks of Unassembled Components, or will Unassembled Components be rewarded by any of the content in Iokath (including pvp and pve oriented content)?

Excellent questions. +1

I would like to know too, Mr Musco.

What about class balance eric, are there fixes or not? Answer this please :rak_03: And dont answer with i dont know, answer with a simple yes or no. :rak_03:

Edit: some more of your favorite smileys to encourage you to talk about class balance :rak_03::rak_03::rak_03::rak_03::rak_03::rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

his response:

PvP On Iokath | 03.29.2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post

What about class balance eric, are there fixes or not? Answer this please And dont answer with i dont know, answer with a simple yes or no.

There are no Class balance changes currently planned for 5.2. I will keep you guys updated on when any Class changes will be coming in the future as soon as I have that information.

-eric

So as I suspected another year of unbalanced bs just like jugs and sorcs were basically. However, unlike previous PVP we now have this so called open world. Does anyone with a brain (this excludes you Eric and the Devs) believe this will NOT be dominated by Mercs/ Snipers there to get the items that drop from the kills. Brilliant idea save the fact that it only exacerbates the current issue in which almost every match is a lopside farce of 3 or greater mercs. Tell me something Eric Do you grasp the $%^$%&^ concept that this **** ain't fun! It ain't a %$%^$ challenge! It's a Crying shame!!! Congrats though on joining the ranks of SWG! \

Boycott pvp if you ain't a merc/ sniper and send a message otherwise this crap will just continue!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Sorry, don't agree with that!

I'm CR 300 and have good gear now without doing Op's, I only run mm fp's with my guildies and do mm runs Chapter 2 Kotfe. I only need a week to reach that when I decided to focus on my Main to get her to 300.

Congrats to you. Try doing only PvP as a PvP player to get to CR 300. Good luck. To do it in a week as you say you have done, a PvP player has to do PvE. Simply put. Agree or not. Truth exists independent of your agreement. You have no simpathy from any PvP only player.

Personally, I would much rather get the acknowledgement than hear nothing. Eric is the interface between us and the game staff. Don't shoot the messenger. :( I don't think he gets to dictate action items and schedules. He just gets to report to their management what the players are saying. If our requests seem to be ignored, it's not Eric's fault. He's dutifully relaying the info. The management is directing the action (or inaction). I mean, we could request that Eric yell at them...but that might be a little bit of a career limiting move.

I, for one, appreciate the job that Eric is doing. He takes an insane amount of flack and hostility, yet still drops by with a smile and chats with us in a civilized manner.

is he?

Congrats to you. Try doing only PvP as a PvP player to get to CR 300. Good luck. To do it in a week as you say you have done, a PvP player has to do PvE. Simply put. Agree or not. Truth exists independent of your agreement. You have no simpathy from any PvP only player.

took 3 months doing only PVP! Still don't have full 242 either.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Really people had coronary when Juggs got Enraged Defense with month give or take it was nerfed, in 5.2 you pretty much gave MERC 2 MORE DCD that heal to full one that is reflect, that should be on PT and people went bonkers over this and 4 months later no nerf??

you's are so disconnected from the player base that its not funny anymore.

ah was a LOT longer than a month before nerf! hell didn't get nerf till 5.0 hit

People are still crying about mercs because they are terribad at the game and can't kill a merc? Stay triggered, snowflakes.

One merc? Really try 5 or 6 it's a ^@%@&^ joke at how many are queued in matches. 7 mercs and a sniper anyone care to guess what the dang outcome is gonna be!

So driving a nail into a piece of wood should take the equal amount of time with a screwdriver as with a hammer!? OFC will some classes benefit more than others in an OPEN world pvp situation or are you the one demanding that running an 100 meters race in flippers should be able to do as fast as without!?

And Mates, Balance in swtor PvP does not evolve around class, it evolves around the Hole trinity of heals-dps-tank vs heals-dps-tank.

Bioware has no concept of trinity mercs/snipers perfect example of this

took 3 months doing only PVP! Still don't have full 242 either.

What he said.

Hell i have 236 that dropped or i got with unassembled but i went weeks with out getting any thing so i ended up Buying off of GTN 240s. So my main toon has half 236 & 240 gear. Its been 3 weeks since my last 236 drop. now on my other toon that i have been spending as much time with went the first month no drops then they jacked up the cxp and then i started getting some. but last one was now a week ago. So point is after all these months, none of my toons have set eyes on a 240 or 242 from dropping or even getting enough unassembleds to get them from the vendors.

And now in a couple weeks the 5.2 is gonna hit and i bet you neither toons will have 240 or 242 from drops, or is leveling a better word for it?

There are no Class balance changes currently planned for 5.2. I will keep you guys updated on when any Class changes will be coming in the future as soon as I have that information.

-eric

leaving that till a later date sigh

Edited by Neoforcer

Iokath will behave like all other open world areas in the game. If you are in a PvE instance, you will not experience any PvP unless you flag yourself or attempt to go into an enemy base (which could get you flagged).

-eric

this is not open world pvp this will be a joke and will fail just like gree no thank BW you making hard to stay subbed at this point you cant say open world good for pvp and have pve instances i will not touch this neither will any other pvper....:mad:

Edited by Neoforcer

Really don't care about open world pvp if you morons haven't addressed the issue of class imbalance! OR do you really think participating in crap matches like these are fun? http://s202.photobucket.com/user/kazzdevlin/slideshow/ all to common place now because you have no concept of the trinity that makes this work! If not corrected there's no point in doing open world pvp it will simply be dominated by mercs, snipers and sorc heals! Lets just say I'm not holding my breath that you understand any of this and expect this next roll-out to be my last!

Your slideshow is really awesome! But, of course, just 28 pvp matches do not proof anything vs. the MILLIONS (© The Rock) of Fans out there ;)

Although I do not think this relates to the topic of this thread, just a quick comment:

You are right. PVP'ers do not reach commando rank (CR) 300 that fast. Fact.

1. But CR 300 is actually meaningless now, because from 300-400 you will be guaranteed gear in crates with set-boni. Whereas the PVE players do not have gazillions of unassembled components to mix & match their gear ON DAY 1!
  2. Absolutely nothing stops you from doing pve for a week just to get to 300. Having done that you have the best of both worlds - the pve'er (lacking your pvp skills!!) does not. Which of course is no harm done: In pve you can (and want to) take a more leisurely approach to the game.

With that in mind, here is how I see PVP on Iokath going to evolve:

The PVE instance will be cramped with people doing the story, resulting in the usual "You killed my mob"-chats in the general channel. Late night hours etc will ensue. After around 4 weeks the majority will leave this place mostly alone, having done what dailies/rewards/achievements etc can be done. The rest will quietly do their dailies and be done with it then.

The PVP instance will initially also be cramped with many snipers locating the best sniping positions and mercs just generally running rampage all over. This "fun" gets old real fast so give or take 2 weeks the area will be deserted by all due to lack of "targets" and the dailies can be safely done in the pve instance then. Occasionally a tumbleweed will be blown tumbling by a lone sniper just taking a stroll...

Sounds familiar, doesn't it ?

Everyone can kill a normal merc, the problem is it takes much more effort than killing any other spec, and it would be ignorant of anyone to deny that (no, dont give one or two more specific classes or specs who are as hard, that is not the point, all classes should be relatively equal there). I can kill mercs with my sin, I rarely fail there, and rarely do they kill me, but the fact soloing a normal merc is harder than fighting 2 sorcs at once (and even a sorc + sin) means something here is wrong, very wrong.

Your statement sounds like: "You noobs, mercs are not 100% invincible, and that means there is no problem with the current balance at all". The answer is: "Only a sith deals in absolute", they aren't indeed 100% invincible, they arent even 90%, but they are at least 20% above the majority of the 21 non-merc specs, and thats bad.

I am not the one posting comments about how Mercs are hard. Learn to read basic English. I simply pointed out the fact that people are bad at this game. If you want to quote people and reply, do it to the people crying over Mercs, not the people who are calling those people out for being bad.

Edited by Renata_Roselli

thats just a joke PT are fine just L2p the class. People that know how to play them are beasts.

They have terrible defenses...the class itself is great in the hands of a good player, but the lack of good defensive abilities needs to be addressed.

-eric

no class balance it s joke eric, you have never play pvp ?

i can t believe that lol hahahahahaha

-eric

Oh so there won't be any PvP afterall. Got ya.

PvP instances are dead as **** Eric. Do you guys even play your own game?

If this isn't a forced PvP instance, there won't be any PvP to begin with.

Edited by Evolixe

The PVP instance will initially also be cramped with many snipers locating the best sniping positions and mercs just generally running rampage all over. This "fun" gets old real fast so give or take 2 weeks the area will be deserted by all due to lack of "targets" and the dailies can be safely done in the pve instance then. Occasionally a tumbleweed will be blown tumbling by a lone sniper just taking a stroll...

I honestly doubt even that will happen. Maybe the first few days since a lot of the actual PvP players might want to take a peak and see whats going on there. But in my experience.. PvP instances on worlds are just deserted.

People won't expose themselves to open world ambushing in this game. They're afraid to get asskicked.

In some cases rightfully so, but still.

Hi Devs & Eric,

Loving the announcement of 5.2 and the stuff that it will bring to SWTOR, just a little question about Unassembled Components and Tier 4 Gear.

Is the cost of Tier 4 gear at the vendors (Similar to the current gear vendors for 230-242 on the fleet) going to price the Tier 4 gear roughly the same as Tier 1-3 or are we going to see an inflation in the amount of Unassembled Components required for each gear piece for Tier 4 and if so are we going to see an increase in the current 1k currencies cap for UC currently in-game?

Regards

Euboe

-eric

Eric your job depends on bringing this to the devs, because your job is to build a bridge between community and devs. PvP as it is will not stand another month without Balancing. On my server close to every match has 4-8 Mecs and nearly 3-6 Healing Sorcerers. And that includes my Team wich doesn't even use a Sorc or brings only one Merc from time to time.

It is easy to start Balancing for example:

Merc

- Reduce the heal on Colto Surge

- Reduce the number of Stacks on Trauma Regulator

Sorc

-Reduce the Amount of heal on Roaming Mend

-Add 10 Seconds on the Cooldown of Force Speed

-Remove Innervate from Force Mobility

Sniper

- Reduce the Radius on Plasma Probe

- Just fix the dmg numbers