View Single Post

JacenHallis
12.29.2011 , 10:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by scionave View Post
but it looks like it's existence is being IGNORED. I can't stand that, it ruins games and books for me when plots are counted as not existing.
It's not. But there are reasons that the story in KOTOR 2 is not mentioned as much as that of the original.

Quote:
In expanded universe, everything I've read is that they consider the cannon Exile character to be a "heroine." She saved the Jedi and followed Revan into the unknown to fight this evil sith emperor that we all now have some knowledge of because of this current game. We had No idea at the time. She should be included in the archives though, their story isn't even in the timeline. No mention of the mass shadow generator, no mention of the exile, or the Sith Lords she defeated.
The Exile was a hero, but she was never restored to the Order officially. The story of KOTOR 2 was on a fairly small scale, as far as the galaxy's population was concerned. Remember that Revan's invasion was called the "Jedi Civil War" by the galaxy at large. It wasn't Jedi vs. Sith at that point, so much as Jedi vs. Jedi. And most people were content to let them kill each other.

There was mention of Malachor V in the Jedi Consular storyline. It is a sidenote to the story itself, of which a part of the background involves another planet in the system, Malachor III.

The Exile herself plays a crucial role in the novel Revan (which provides the basis for the game and a class story in particular) and in the background of a mid-level flashpoint chain.

Quote:
There is No mention of WHO rebuilt the Jedi order as at the end of that game, the only remaining was Bastilla who was in hiding, probably considered Canon that Atris survied, and the jedi Exile. She also has followers who become Jedi whom she could have rebuilt the order with. I have to have my closure. Who rebuilt the Jedi Order? How does that place where we are now, now that their is suddenly hundreds of flourishing jedi around again who seemingly keep to the code of the council that was destroyed directly after the jedi civil war vs darth Malak by Darth Nihilius.
Bastila was in hiding because of the afore-mentioned Sith Lords. She apparently helped rebuild the Jedi Order to some degree (again, the consular story reveals this). The Exile also served to help rebuild through Mical, Mira, Visas and the rest. But, her name was kept out of it, because, as I said above, she was never reinstated as a Jedi, and she never directly helped rebuild the Order, almost immediately following Revan after the end of KOTOR 2.

Quote:
Why are their miraluka? They were all killed as well save for Visas Mar.
A frequent misinterpretation of what happened. The Jedi were invited to a colony world of Miraluka, and that world was wiped out, save for Visas Marr. The Miraluka homeworld and any other Miraluka in the galaxy were still alive.

Because of this, Jerec in Dark Forces 2 was retconned to a miraluka, well before the announcement of that species' appearance in TOR.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.