Dear Eric why must we be punished for 1 person?

americanaussie

Why couldn't you lower the daily or weekly limit instead? Now you've invalidated all bonuses on heroics. I tried group activities. I wasn't bad. Now I just want to solo but what's the point? Might as well remove heroics from the bonus rotation. I don't have 15 hrs a day. I have 2 or 3 tops. Now I can't do what I enjoy. And what about those poor people on low pop servers that probably can't do many group stuff? Or pvp. Please let us know why we are being punished. Thanks. And if you thought about how cxp passes 1x.25 is still 1.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why couldn't you lower the daily or weekly limit instead? Now you've invalidated all bonuses on heroics. I tried group activities. I wasn't bad. Now I just want to solo but what's the point? Might as well remove heroics from the bonus rotation. I don't have 15 hrs a day. I have 2 or 3 tops. Now I can't do what I enjoy. And what about those poor people on low pop servers that probably can't do many group stuff? Or pvp. Please let us know why we are being punished. Thanks. And if you thought about how cxp passes 1x.25 is still 1.

After telling others about all the great content there is to play, defending GC and RNG, etc. They make a change that now has negative impact on your preferred playstyle and you complain that it takes you longer....1 day after posting a thread poking fun at people that wanted to level up quickly. The irony is delicious.

Nerf it to 5. Whatever but 1x.25 is 1. That's robbery if you buy the cxp bonus pass. It was fine the way it was. Now there really is no point to do heroics. 20 cxp for some that take a while ro complete is ridiculous. Besides that heroics are weekly. It's not that you can do it all every day.

After telling others about all the great content there is to play, defending GC and RNG, etc. They make a change that now has negative impact on your preferred playstyle and you complain that it takes you longer....1 day after posting a thread poking fun at people that wanted to level up quickly. The irony is delicious.

Yeah... she was a total EAWare cheerleader, being snide and nasty to anyone who complained, until they did something she didn't like. I can't say I'm surprised.

That said, nerfing the gains to 1 CXP each is pretty ridiculously low, EAWare. You didn't want people just farming golds, fine, then lower the weekly cap! It's pretty high right now; if you really cared about slowing down gains, you'd just throttle CXP that way instead of making it harder to gain at all.

Yeah... she was a total EAWare cheerleader, being snide and nasty to anyone who complained, until they did something she didn't like. I can't say I'm surprised.

That said, nerfing the gains to 1 CXP each is pretty ridiculously low, EAWare. You didn't want people just farming golds, fine, then lower the weekly cap! It's pretty high right now; if you really cared about slowing down gains, you'd just throttle CXP that way instead of making it harder to gain at all.

Fine. I'll eat my nasty words. Some have legit complaints. Some are elitest snobs that need a kick in the bum. I apologise to anyone who had legit complaints. I will make do with the rng system.

As a side, they've raised the credit bonus to heroics slightly. But I definitely don't think anyone should buy a pass for bonus cxp on them. The bonus won't work on golds. Bronze or whatever they are enemies still have a 20 cxp reward.

Edited by americanaussie

It wasn't just one person who was exploiting the system. On every active server I play on folks were creating CXP farm groups to kill elites and champions for hours nonstop. These groups were completely invalidating the entire Galactic Command system. The nerf was obvious and inevitable. Don't blame BioWare for the nerf. Blame the player base for trying to get over on the system.

Fine. I'll eat my nasty words. Some have legit complaints. Some are elitest snobs that need a kick in the bum. I apologise to anyone who had legit complaints. I will make do with the rng system.

As a side, they've raised the credit bonus to heroics slightly. But I definitely don't think anyone should buy a pass for bonus cxp on them. The bonus won't work on golds. Bronze or whatever they are enemies still have a 20 cxp reward.

Boy, I hope Bioware makes me eat my words with some change I don't like!

Now you've invalidated all bonuses on heroics. I tried group activities. I wasn't bad. Now I just want to solo but what's the point? Might as well remove heroics from the bonus rotation.

The bonuses are back. Doing heroics provides a perfectly acceptable, although not amazing, amount of CXP.

Maybe they should consider turning the heroics into dailies though. /shrug.

It wasn't just one person who was exploiting the system. On every active server I play on folks were creating CXP farm groups to kill elites and champions for hours nonstop. These groups were completely invalidating the entire Galactic Command system. The nerf was obvious and inevitable. Don't blame BioWare for the nerf. Blame the player base for trying to get over on the system.
You are not making sense. BW created a mindless grindsystem many are opposed to. They set rules for CXP grants. People followed, of course optimizing results, as is intended and perfectly legit. If bosses drop things you like, you farm the boss. If Goldies grant CXP you farm them. You see the pattern? If BW still have not understood that basic principle after 5 years...

But they also have a history of nuking things, so there's that.

You are not making sense. BW created a mindless grindsystem many are opposed to. They set rules for CXP grants. People followed, of course optimizing results, as is intended and perfectly legit. If bosses drop things you like, you farm the boss. If Goldies grant CXP you farm them. You see the pattern? If BW still have not understood that basic principle after 5 years...

But they also have a history of nuking things, so there's that.

Bioware doesn't want you to optimize CXP gains because that means doing one thing over and over again.

GCXP is designed so you can do whatever content you want and get gear from it. It's not designed for you to sit in an area killing mobs for hours on end.

Edited by Swtorevolution

The bonuses are back. Doing heroics provides a perfectly acceptable, although not amazing, amount of CXP.

Maybe they should consider turning the heroics into dailies though. /shrug.

I agree, the 20 CP for each heroic is low, but if you run the table on the planet you end up getting 400 CP from that if I remember correctly. I ran the 5 Belsavis heroics and with the 20 CP per heroic, the 400 CP for completing all 5 plus the CP from killing the elites I came out with a total of almost 700 CP. Not great, but not bad either. Im hoping they incorporate Galactic Command into Conquest at some point. Add uprisings to the conquest objectives and add a CP chip for completing your personal conquest goal and an even bigger CP chip if your guild gets the guild conquest bonus. This would give some added incentive for doing Conquest, which is a good thing, and making Conquest rewards a little better, because we all know the current rewards are a joke.

Bioware doesn't want you to optimize CXP gains because that means doing one thing over and over again.

GCXP is designed so you can do whatever content you want and get gear from it. It's not designed for you to sit in an area killing mobs for hours on end.

Running content in the most efficient manner is what gamers tend to do if they have an end objective.

Also, your last statement is a bit contradictory isn't it? GCXP is designed as a gating system to gearing, that is all it is. You can earn gear from running all types of content, however gamers will tend to deviate towards the most efficient time / reward ratio. If someone wants to spend their time killing mobs for hours on end that's entirely their choice.

They're the ones playing the game, not the developer of the game. It really doesn't matter what the intention of the developer is, it's down to the people who pay to play the game to decide how they want to play that game. No amount of sheep herding will change that.

That is why there is a weekly cap as to how many CXP you can get. Also, I'd like to point out that Conquest has you doing just that: Killing Elites 0/25 and many guilds already group up to take them on quickly and easily.

YES!!! YES!!!!

You cannot imagine how happy I am that it hurted you! Now finally I am glad the system is in the game! YES!!!!!!!!!

WOohooo!!

Glad you are enjoying it after you defended BW so actively.

How does farming golds and champs invalidate the system. They said from the beginning that killing golds and up would grant CXP, yet now they're nerfing the amount they grant, even though the amount was rather low to begin with. 10 CXP for a gold. Big frigging deal. I was getting 600+ for a warzone the other day. It would take less time to do a warzone than it would to farm golds, even on Tython, because of the amount of other people who want to kill those golds for either CXP or missions.

The nerf wasn't needed.

Running content in the most efficient manner is what gamers tend to do if they have an end objective.

Well it's time that players got over the notion of time vs reward and started playing for fun.

Also, your last statement is a bit contradictory isn't it? GCXP is designed as a gating system to gearing, that is all it is. You can earn gear from running all types of content, however gamers will tend to deviate towards the most efficient time / reward ratio. If someone wants to spend their time killing mobs for hours on end that's entirely their choice.

If GCXP is a gating system for gearing, then the entire game is a gating system for gearing.

They're the ones playing the game, not the developer of the game. It really doesn't matter what the intention of the developer is, it's down to the people who pay to play the game to decide how they want to play that game. No amount of sheep herding will change that.

The developer builds the game. The player merely chooses to play it or not. Bioware does not want thousands of players sitting in heroic areas farming mobs.

That is why there is a weekly cap as to how many CXP you can get. Also, I'd like to point out that Conquest has you doing just that: Killing Elites 0/25 and many guilds already group up to take them on quickly and easily.

That's all good and well except Conquest isn't GC. Conquest is a guild effort where working together with guildies is a necessity. GC is personal character development.

Edited by Swtorevolution

'Invalidating the system'? What on Earth are you talking about? It's not like these people were hacking the game or finding exploits. EAWare put in CXP rewards for golds and champs. People were just finding the most efficient way possible to kill as many golds and champs in as short a period of a time as they could. Being efficient isn't cheating, it's making the best use of the limited time you have per day to play.

Well it's time that players got over the notion of time vs reward and started playing for fun.

If GCXP is a gating system for gearing, then the entire game is a gating system for gearing.

The developer builds the game. The player merely chooses to play it or not. Bioware does not want thousands of players sitting in heroic areas farming mobs.

That's all good and well except Conquest isn't GC.

1. fun is a concept where one enjoys an activity that is on offer by whoever makes it and it is also a subjective matter, since everyone is different and so are their points of view and how they see things as fun. just because you see this as it is as fun doesn't mean others agree with you or you with them.

2. the game has always been about getting gear, before the level sync and the bolster on content, you needed to get gear from commendation vendors in order to keep up every so often with tanks and every other level with dps and healers. welcome to the world of swtor.

3. how would you know what bioware wants or not? your no developer and your voice only goes as far as what you want and only what you want. if you can state otherwise, then lay out their entire timetable for games, patches, expansions for all their games for the next 30 years, who is coming in, who is going out, who is going to be fired, what is the current financial state of the company to the minute and so on...

1. fun is a concept where one enjoys an activity that is on offer by whoever makes it and it is also a subjective matter, since everyone is different and so are their points of view and how they see things as fun. just because you see this as it is as fun doesn't mean others agree with you or you with them.

2. the game has always been about getting gear, before the level sync and the bolster on content, you needed to get gear from commendation vendors in order to keep up every so often with tanks and every other level with dps and healers. welcome to the world of swtor.

3. how would you know what bioware wants or not? your no developer and your voice only goes as far as what you want and only what you want. if you can state otherwise, then lay out their entire timetable for games, patches, expansions for all their games for the next 30 years, who is coming in, who is going out, who is going to be fired, what is the current financial state of the company to the minute and so on...

The person you are responding to is a troll, spamming as many threads as they can for maximum effect. No point in wasting time offering reasonable and logical arguments to them! They're just here to piss you off, best to ignore them.

So play for fun and not rewards. Surprise surprise, noone is farming gold mobs now that the rewards are gone, so it cant have been that fun to farm them.

Congratulations, you've refuted something I haven't said.

It's quite easy to infer what Bioware's intentions are when you stop bashing everything they do and actually try to understand things from their point of view.

The person you are responding to is a troll, spamming as many threads as they can for maximum effect. No point in wasting time offering reasonable and logical arguments to them! They're just here to piss you off, best to ignore them.

off topic:

The funny thing about a troll is how ironic the position is, they have logic and reason and yet they act as if they have none, all for the purpose of causing trouble. i know they don't enjoy it as much as they claim they do. i used to be one when i was a kid years ago.

sure they can have a moments pleasure out of it but honestly they are no closer to what their point was where they started to where it ended and causing trouble just for the hell of it solves nothing, but again as i know such things are temporary at best at the risk of alienating everyone in some fantasy about how they think they are the worst thing around. they attention seek because they want to feel wanted but it conflicts with their goal for everyone to hate them. but thats not their real reason, they are just as concerned as anyone else despite what you read. just read between the lines and past all the threats and goading.

off topic:

The funny thing about a troll is how ironic the position is, they have logic and reason and yet they act as if they have none, all for the purpose of causing trouble. i know they don't enjoy it as much as they claim they do. i used to be one when i was a kid years ago.

sure they can have a moments pleasure out of it but honestly they are no closer to what their point was where they started to where it ended and causing trouble just for the hell of it solves nothing, but again as i know such things are temporary at best at the risk of alienating everyone in some fantasy about how they think they are the worst thing around. they attention seek because they want to feel wanted but it conflicts with their goal for everyone to hate them. but thats not their real reason, they are just as concerned as anyone else despite what you read. just read between the lines and past all the threats and goading.

What she said.