Imperial Intelligence suddenly collectively decided to pick up sword fighting?

Lilyan

It's not just in the agent's story. I'm running about on Ilum, completing the questline, and almost *every single (humanoid) NPC* in the Empire's base has a sword.

...even a few droids.

Darth Marr: Okay, our Empire is...tanking a bit... EVERYBODY, LEARN SWORDFIGHTING. NOW. *distributes swords to everybody in the history of ever*

Agents: But we rely on blasters! And a disturbing amount of knives, but that's besides the point.

Bounty hunters: MAKE US.

Sith: Our uniqueness is ruined. *mope*

Marr: All those points are true. Still. If every single citizen in our entire Empire learns swordfighting, we can easily outmatch the Republic! :D

Agents: *dumbfounded crickets chirping*

Sith: *still moping*

Hunters: . . . how did you even get your mask to contort into a smiley face?

Marr: YOU ARE NOT HELPING.

It's not just in the agent's story. I'm running about on Ilum, completing the questline, and almost *every single (humanoid) NPC* in the Empire's base has a sword.

...even a few droids.

Darth Marr: Okay, our Empire is...tanking a bit... EVERYBODY, LEARN SWORDFIGHTING. NOW. *distributes swords to everybody in the history of ever*

Agents: But we rely on blasters! And a disturbing amount of knives, but that's besides the point.

Marr: All those points are true. Still. If every single citizen in our entire Empire learns swordfighting, we can easily outmatch the Republic! :D

Thank you!

Just... thank you! You made my day...

...even a few droids.

:D:D:D:D:D

Ok, NOW they are overdoing it...

http://imgur.com/a/nyelL

Never hurts to have a backup weapon for when your blaster rifle runs out of charges....

Looks like General Garza wants a piece of that fencing action too.

It's an escalating arms race. Imperials take up swordfighting, so the Republic takes up swordfighting... next the SIS will pick up on the fact that the Imps have started training in the secret arts of...the nerf bat. Designed to hit sages hard, while unfortunately smacking their own sorcerers in the face. The Force works in weird ways; a minor setback.

The nerf bat will be held by all personnel regardless of whether or not they have a blaster, rifle, lightsaber, vibrosword, or toothpick. No exceptions.

Edited by Jagaimee

...even a few droids.

That was amazing.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

The Voss are, apparently, exempt from actual sword fighting... but not from tech-staff fighting. They don't have swords (be they the slightly wimpy training sabers handed to Jedi Padawans, or the Big Honking Baseball Bat of Extreme Overkill [looking at you, Eliminator's Dual-Edged Vibrosword]). Instead, they have the techstaves that Vector or pre-KOTFE Torian or SCORPIO uses.

This is...really, really ridiculous, but really amusing. :D

The Voss are, apparently, exempt from actual sword fighting... but not from tech-staff fighting. They don't have swords (be they the slightly wimpy training sabers handed to Jedi Padawans, or the Big Honking Baseball Bat of Extreme Overkill [looking at you, Eliminator's Dual-Edged Vibrosword]). Instead, they have the techstaves that Vector or pre-KOTFE Torian or SCORPIO uses.

This is...really, really ridiculous, but really amusing. :D

Now we can just forget morale about murdering unarmed opponents, since everybody is armed, yay

Hello.

I dont know,but that foto with holstered Blaster rifle and vibrosword in back reminded me Mass Effect 1 weapons holster,with composite weapons.

It would be interesting if there be something done about aviable weaponary for players as well,even if they said,they planed doit,but they wont,so the classes stay recogniziable,but now i dont know.

Thanks.

Can confirm, Watcher Two decided to try her hand at sword-fighting today. She showed off her sweet new sword via holo after completing Tatooine. Starting Alderaan, she kept her sword, however Vector and his Killiks *must* be living under a rock because they haven't picked up on this newest trend. Baron and Baroness Cortess, of course, are always at the height of fashion and were sporting their own blades--distinct in design from Watcher Two's, I might add.

Everyone in the Lowbrow Lounge on NS, including Jonas Balkar and, more awkwardly, the dancers, are all packing swords now.

Guess they had some rough clients?

I'm seeing the same thing at the Mos Ila cantina...dancers, and mostly everyone else, with vibroblades.

Looks pretty silly, hopefully it's an easy fix....

Hey folks,

For starters, I do want to confirm that this is definitely a bug. The entire Galaxy hasn't up and armed themselves. It's actually related to the larger weapons bug, and the team is looking into it! I'm hoping for a 4.7.3 fix.

-Tait

Really good to hear, thanks! I'm holding off on my story playthroughs until the fix, so I'm glad it's a priority.