Double-Bladed Saber Size Increase

FlavivsAetivs

So with this patch there was a stealth increase to the size of all the old, non-cartel market double-bladed lightsabers. They also increased the size of some of the older cartel market ones to match the new ones in size.

I'm sorry, but what the heck? There was a reason we liked the old ones: they were smaller. Satele Shan's Lightsaber was already huge, now it's even bigger! They look terrible and horribly disproportionate to our toons. I don't like the new lightsabers because they look like ridiculously oversized maglights, and now the saberstaffs are that size too.

I don't know if this was intentional or if it was a bug, but IMO, this change needs to be reversed, immediately.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed this immediately when I logged in on my Assassin.

There are many double bladed lightsabers to choose from, and they come in a variety of sizes, from reasonably small to so big they look like they should be back mounted. I deliberately picked a smaller one for my character and I am very, very unhappy with this change. It looks ridiculous on him now, as would any (?) other I bought to replace it.

Is this a bug that will be fixed, or do I need to swap my now-oversized saberstaff for a pitchfork? :mad:

They probably did it so that they can put weapon tunings on them

This may very well have been a result of changes made for weapon tunings, however there were smaller lightsabers before (Tempted Apprentice Dualsaber for example) that could take a tuning without being stupidly huge.

Most of the double-bladed lightsaber models were already to big when "holstered". Any change should be towards making them smaller, not larger.

Edit: Warmaster Double-bladed lightsaber is now twice as long when holstered. Of course I got it, because it was shorter than most of the other ones. Well done.

Edited by GeromeDoutrande

Very unhappy about this. Very unhappy about a lot of things concerning shadows/assassins at the moment but I wasn't expecting to add looks to the list.

I'd also be curious to know if anyone even likes the oversized sabers (both single and double) that had already become the norm before this latest, uhm, feature?

Hey everyone,

This is not a stealth change to the size of Dualsabers, don't worry. This is a bug with the data that sets the size of the weapon. It's actually happening to all weapon types, but is the most noticeable on Dualsabers. We are going to have our engineers look at the problem, and should have a fix in an upcoming patch.

-Tait

Hey everyone,

This is not a stealth change to the size of Dualsabers, don't worry. This is a bug with the data that sets the size of the weapon. It's actually happening to all weapon types, but is the most noticeable on Dualsabers.

-Tait

Oh great...it's not like this cannon wasn't already outrageously large...

I hope it's fixed soon Tait...

Hey everyone,

This is not a stealth change to the size of Dualsabers, don't worry. This is a bug with the data that sets the size of the weapon. It's actually happening to all weapon types, but is the most noticeable on Dualsabers. We are going to have our engineers look at the problem, and should have a fix in an upcoming patch.

-Tait

Thank you for the response Tait.

~ Eudoxia

Ever since they came out with these ridiculously long double-bladed sabers I have never cared for them, and don't use them. Now this. Hopefully when they fix these they fix all the others as well.

What's interesting is all of them are only long when they are put away on the side of your character. When activated, they look normal, even the ones before this bug.

Hey everyone,

-Tait

Good to hear, thanks for letting us know!

Hey everyone,

-Tait

Thank you for the update!

Hey everyone,

-Tait

This needs to be fixed ASAP. A lot of weapons are already too large for certain body types. The old sabers and guns at least scaled with the body type, but this is ridiculous now.