HK-51 legacy unlock for real?

Rolodome

It's a credit sink that's well worth the price. The cost seems very reasonable to me. I guess some people just want stuff to be handed to them.

I have 24 characters, don't even go there.

Coming into a thread just to tell random people that everything they say is entitlement and gimme, and implying and/or stating that they are whiny children is a kind of harassment.

Don't know if it's harassment, but it's definitely a sign of having no class.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Don't know if it's harassment, but it's definitely a sign of having no class.

Harassment is a strong word. I'll admit that. I only used it because the behavior is so habitual and repetitive. And he has done it in a number of my threads, so apparently he either has something against me, or I use some kind of language that sets him off.

At this point, I'm guessing it's the former because, in reviewing the wording I used, the worst I said in the OP is that it's alt-unfriendly and that I think it's a reasonable request, what I'm asking for. You'd think I asked for BW to come to my house and present me with a package of cupcakes.

It's not about the struggle. It's about bolstering the Legacy aspect of HK-51. And the droid is an investment, no matter how easy, difficult, or the currency used to obtain it. With the removal of HK's unique abilities there's little to no incentive to obtain the droid. Making him a Legacy-wide unlock would make him more appealing to players.

It's not about the struggle. It's about bolstering the Legacy aspect of HK-51. And the droid is an investment, no matter how easy, difficult, or the currency used to obtain it. With the removal of HK's unique abilities there's little to no incentive to obtain the droid. Making him a Legacy-wide unlock would make him more appealing to players.

Let's be honest.

This is all about some people trying to get more for less.

All you need to do is to glance over the forums to see that this is nothing but the latest attempt to get more for less, if not for free. An awful lot of these "Gimme more for less" "requests" are coming from the same people, as well.

I don't mind repeating the quest. (It's not bad at all, for me, and I definitely prefer it over paying 1 mil per character to bypass it. So far I have never paid the million, and I have HK-51 on something like 10-15 characters, at least.) But yeah, if there was a legacy-wide unlock (or to be even more hopeful, if there was an account-wide unlock like there is for Treek) I'd jump on that opportunity.

Exactly.

Let's be honest.

This is all about some people trying to get more for less.

All you need to do is to glance over the forums to see that this is nothing but the latest attempt to get more for less, if not for free. An awful lot of these "Gimme more for less" "requests" are coming from the same people, as well.

You think this is people asking for welfare in politics. It's so obvious and so pathetic to watch.

Seems like that would just make the argument more valid. That if it's mostly a skin, then it's not worth the character unlock price that it currently is.

Some of us have characters numbering in the 20s, 30s, or even 50s. I don't find it reasonable given that.

I have been rolling DvL alts to level 50 to get credit, and almost make 1 million credits just by doing that. 50 million credits is chump change these days.

I have been rolling DvL alts to level 50 to get credit, and almost make 1 million credits just by doing that. 50 million credits is chump change these days.

All these arguments about credits are:

A) Ignoring this:

Which is a well-worded breakdown of what the real argument is (thanks Nassik).

B) Ignoring that HK-51 is not the only thing that costs credits in this game. Which brings us back to A (making him more appealing, which in turn gets him used more, which increases player enjoyment and gives them more to do in the game with little effort on BW's part).

If there is some easy way to get him per character at no cost that I'm not understanding, feel free to tell me what it is. I'm reading something about doing a mission. What mission and how time-consuming is it to do?

All these arguments about credits are:

A) Ignoring this:

Which is a well-worded breakdown of what the real argument is (thanks Nassik).

B) Ignoring that HK-51 is not the only thing that costs credits in this game. Which brings us back to A (making him more appealing, which in turn gets him used more, which increases player enjoyment and gives them more to do in the game with little effort on BW's part).

If there is some easy way to get him per character at no cost that I'm not understanding, feel free to tell me what it is. I'm reading something about doing a mission. What mission and how time-consuming is it to do?

Each character has the opportunity to do the quest chain to obtain HK-51 for FREE--no 1,000,000 credits and no CC's.

If a player does not want to do the quest chain again, or wants HK-51 earlier, then they can pay the 1,000,000 credits or the 350 CC's.

With the removal of HK's unique abilities there's little to no incentive to obtain the droid.

Yeah right.

He's still worth acquiring for me. He's one of the game's most entertaining companions, he still kicks ***, he looks freaking cool( many cool customizations) and he's a big bonus with crew skills. Those are my incentives.

I'll occasionally purchase him with CC. I see no reason why BW should give up on profits.

Edited by JediRelentless

After looking at how this works more closely, I came up with an alternate proposal. Currently, my understanding is that it works like this:

To get HK-51 legacy unlocked, you do the quest and you acquire him on the character that did the quest.

Once you have him legacy unlocked, to acquire on other characters, you can:

- Do the entire quest on that character

- Pay 1mil

- Pay CC (I forget the exact number)

Some people really enjoy The Theoretika, but virtually no one enjoys the parts gathering and it is extremely tedious.

With that in mind, my proposal is this: Once you have HK-51 legacy unlocked, you can retrieve HK parts for the quest from your legacy as many times as you want.

This would mean, your options to get him on other characters are now:

- Do the entire quest on that character

- Do the story parts of the quest (Theoretika, etc.) and fill out the scavenger part with the pieces retrieved from your legacy

- Skip it all and Pay 1mil

- Pay CC

In this way, people who want to repeat the story can still do so, even the gathering part if they enjoy that for some reason. But the gathering part can be skipped while still enjoying the story as well. And if you don't want to do any of it again, you still have the convenience of ponying up the cost.

With that in mind, my proposal is this: Once you have HK-51 legacy unlocked, you can retrieve HK parts for the quest from your legacy as many times as you want.

Interesting. In other words, add the scavenger hunt quest items into collections. I'd guess that this would not be retroactive for people who have done the quest before in the past. But after acquiring each piece for the first time after this change, it would unlock a package that you can pay to unlock account-wide in collections. This would have some cartel coin cost of its own of course, but it's a one time fee and then any character can claim the package full of HK parts.

Interesting. In other words, add the scavenger hunt quest items into collections. I'd guess that this would not be retroactive for people who have done the quest before in the past. But after acquiring each piece for the first time after this change, it would unlock a package that you can pay to unlock account-wide in collections. This would have some cartel coin cost of its own of course, but it's a one time fee and then any character can claim the package full of HK parts.

I was imagining the legacy window. Like where you can retrieve a copy of stuff for completing certain achievements (pretty sure that's a thing). But collections could work too and have the added benefit of being account-wide.

Edit: Like the decorations in the EC achievements. That's what I was thinking of.

Edited by Rolodome

Personally I've always thought HK should be available like treek as a legacy unlock available for all characters after you've don't the quest once, But I get that Treek didn't have a "quest", I bought him with CC's. I've got over 40 characters I play, but unlike some players I'm not rich... I might have $15-20 mil if I add what all of them have. I don't play every day, or even every week for that matter, but I keep a sub anyway. So while I'd like to get him on all my toons, paying 1 mil for every character is outta the question. I'd be willing to pay upwards of 2500 CC's for this feature. As it stands now I only have him on about 5-6 characters. I typically use MY CC's on weapon, outfit & mount unlocks (which I generally buy on the GTN.)