Character Transfer Sale 5/26 – 6/5

EricMusco

So they can complain when it ends. Nobody serious would wait at this point...the battle lines have been drawn.

I accidentally transferred a character. Now, I won't be able to complain about missing out on the transfer sale :(

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As a reminder, the Character Transfer sale is coming to an end. Since yesterday was Sunday, we let the sale run into today as well. Before the end of the day the price will be reverting back to normal. I will post in this thread when the change has been made. Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

As a reminder, the Character Transfer sale is coming to an end. Since yesterday was Sunday, we let the sale run into today as well. Before the end of the day the price will be reverting back to normal. I will post in this thread when the change has been made. Thanks!

-eric

I really appreciated this opportunity for cheap character transfers, but probably not for what it was intended for. I'm totally ok with the Server I'm on, but, you know, sometimes you find stuff on other servers being listed in the GTN, so I used this opportunity to go on a shopping spree across the European servers, since the GTN sadly (or thankfully, depending on your outlook) isn't cross-server.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you for running this promo Eric. It's another example of how you guys prove you DO listen to your players. :)

It would have been fabulous if you had actually told us when it ended. I just tried to move one last char and it's back to 1000 but you haven't announced it.
They announced that it would be ending yesterday.

Anything done today was just a bonus because they weren't in the office to turn it back off and if you missed out, that's on you.

They announced that it would be ending yesterday.

Anything done today was just a bonus because they weren't in the office to turn it back off and if you missed out, that's on you.

Have to give him credit for a unique spin on forum QQ though. :)

And we can now once again resume mass forum madness and chest beating over having not taken advantage of the sale. :p

No sympathy for anyone who missed out. Sorry... suck it up, IMO. :D

No sympathy for those who return to find their server dead huh? This was great for those of us playing, but it's a tragedy for those who return to give the game another go.

No sympathy for those who return to find their server dead huh? This was great for those of us playing, but it's a tragedy for those who return to give the game another go.

Not for nothing, but such players are also returning to find that server transfers are over 40% cheaper than they were, plus a new Cross-Region transfer that didn't use to exist now available for cheaper than the intra-region transfers used to be.

And we can now once again resume mass forum madness and chest beating over having not taken advantage of the sale. :p

No sympathy for anyone who missed out. Sorry... suck it up, IMO. :D

So you're telling potential customers to just "suck it up"? If a free player goes to a server and see it's dead, he aint gonna subscribe.

If a returning player sees his server is dead, he anit gonna subscribe again.

A sub who has been away for a while see his server is dead, he's gonna be put off with no one to play it.

I knew you disagreed with literally everything people post (note: don't take this literally), but I didn't know you supported Bioware losing customers :/

Not for nothing, but such players are also returning to find that server transfers are over 40% cheaper than they were, plus a new Cross-Region transfer that didn't use to exist now available for cheaper than the intra-region transfers used to be.

40% cheaper? Than 90cc? You do math funny my friend...

These returning players have already proven they have no addiction to the game...they'll likely just log out, uninstall and move on to the next game. I wouldn't pay a company an extra $10 to move toons in a game I'm not addicted to...would you? If I log into LOTRO and find my toons on a dead server, I'd just never go back - it's not worth investing in a dead/dying game.

So you're telling potential customers to just "suck it up"? If a free player goes to a server and see it's dead, he aint gonna subscribe.

Um... potential customers... have no need for server transfers, much less special two time only sale discounts. They do what we all do.. roll a character or two on a server... check it out... if they like what they see in player activity.. they stay.. if not... rinse and repeat a couple times until they find their home. Smart players will even ask around in game or on the internetz in order to best server their own interests. It's not rocket science.

If a returning player sees his server is dead, he anit gonna subscribe again.

Player leaves the game last year or the year before (when character transfers were 1800cc).. then returns at some point in the future... perhaps..... and finds the new price is 1000, and never was aware of the special two time only discount of 90cc..... They will see the transfer price = 60% of what it was when they left. :rolleyes:

A sub who has been away for a while see his server is dead, he's gonna be put off with no one to play it.

He could do what we all have done over the last few years.... move one character with all his real valuables and credits..... thus moving legacy and any other value in his account on that server.... to a new server... where even by TUXs own admission.. it's easy to level up new characters around the legacy quite easily. This of course presumes the player even wants to come back and play... AND is on a "dead" server... AND lacks the will to do what is in his own best interests.

Give a break pal.. you are trying way too hard to stretch rational reason on this subject. It was a sale.. it ended after 10 months. They brought it back one last time for a week. Anyone who missed out.... missed out. SWTOR is not a charity. I suppose however.. that you could rage quit in protest on behalf of all these phantom players you are trying to represent.

Edited by Andryah

These returning players have already proven they have no addiction to the game...they'll likely just log out, uninstall and move on to the next game. I wouldn't pay a company an extra $10 to move toons in a game I'm not addicted to...would you? If I log into LOTRO and find my toons on a dead server, I'd just never go back - it's not worth investing in a dead/dying game.

You seemed to be specifically talking about people who didn't take advantage of the 90CC sale because they weren't playing during that time and are only coming back after it ended - for that population the cost used to be 1800CC and they would be returning at a time when it is only 1000CC.

Edited by DarthDymond

Although it was nice that they did this, I still really wish they advertised this more than on a simple post in the general discussion section. Should of been worthy of a spot on the launcher tbh.

I've zero sympathy for people who knew the sale was for a limited time and procrastinated to the last minute, but I do agree with the above. BW could have put the word out on the launcher. While on the launcher, if you click News or Community at the top of the launcher, not a word about the sale.

It's over, but the whining begins anew, as many predicted it would.

You seemed to be specifically talking about people who didn't take advantage of the 90CC sale because they weren't playing during that time and are only coming back after it ended - for that population the cost used to be 1800CC and they would be returning at a time when it is only 1000CC.

Oh.. he knows exactly what you are talking about. He just does not want to concede the point. :D

He would much rather work to continue the drama around the topic, because he wants some servers closed. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Luckily, the servers aren't dead.

Everything has a price and limited time offer is limited. This is yet another example of BW listening to feedback and doing something to help the players... but it's just never good enough for some you. :mad: