Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

LOL... interesting to see who plays the "offended" card over the use of terms in general discussion about what is going on in the forum... with no party or parties named or pointed at specifically. TUXs can use the term "rebels", but I cannot extend it to a paradigm context? So double standard IMO.

Never said I was offended, just said it was a loaded term. ;)

It basically makes your comment (which usually I agree with, and frankly I agree with the comment that included the insurgent tag) to be side tracked by the word itself.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should actually take the time to read the post to which I responded.

Here, to save you the effort of actually looking for it, I will quote it again, along with my response.

Notice that the poster to whom I responded was NOT asking if the discount was still being considered. He was asking for AN ETA on that discount and HOW MUCH would the discount be.

That is not questioning whether or not there will be a discount, but rather is taking that discount as a given.

THAT is the reason for my post stating that the discount was NOT promised and may not even happen.

I do apologize if I misinterpreted your post. Maybe, as DieAlteHexe noticed, it was also a "selective reading" effect. I cannot pretend to be impartial on this matter, but I do hope I didn't offend anyone while supporting my own interest.

As for the future... I cannot predict what will happen if/when they'll reduce the transfer cost again, as I couldn't when they stopped it last time. However, I do count on positive solutions under every scenario :)

So a bunch of replies to our questions in today's marathon live stream:

We have no intentions to merge servers at this time, we are looking into reducing the cost again in the coming weeks and will announce dates in advance

I believe the intention is 90CC again

We have no intentions of merging servers at this time.

The reason I don't have any further details is because they haven't been sorted out yet. They don't exist. A forum post will be made when they do

No reply to requests for clarification on how long "in the coming weeks" will be. Same length as a piece of string :)

So there you go. No intentions of merging servers.

Those of you waiting because you hoped to bring your guild ships and strongholds now know there is no sign of hope anytime soon. Those that thought you would wait it out for merges in a few weeks, well it sounds like you will be waiting a long long time. Lastly, those that already bit the bullet and decided to sacrifice their ships and strongholds but still wanted to wait for transfer discounts, well we're not really any wiser off, they are only "looking into reducing the cost again" and have no ETA on when that may be, if they even do it.

According to the stream, they still want questions and they really do read the forums and take what we say seriously...

At the time of me writing this, you can still ask them things in the stream so give it a go if you feel lucky!

Bioware, please don't leave it too long. Summer vacations are fast approaching. If you announce discounts this week for the week after then there's still time to help people before they leave.

No reply to requests for clarification on how long "in the coming weeks" will be. Same length as a piece of string :)

Those of you waiting because you hoped to bring your guild ships and strongholds now know there is no sign of hope anytime soon. Those that thought you would wait it out for merges in a few weeks, well it sounds like you will be waiting a long long time. Lastly, those that already bit the bullet and decided to sacrifice their ships and strongholds but still wanted to wait for transfer discounts, well we're not really any wiser off, they are only "looking into reducing the cost again" and have no ETA on when that may be, if they even do it.

According to the stream, they still want questions and they really do read the forums and take what we say seriously...

At the time of me writing this, you can still ask them things in the stream so give it a go if you feel lucky!

Bioware, please don't leave it too long. Summer vacations are fast approaching. If you announce discounts this week for the week after then there's still time to help people before they leave.

Musco's stream actually got me interested in checking the Pot5 population again since he is on the server with 3 people on Zakuul. I did a /who for each AC and the base class. Approximately 150-200 players on the entire server at 12:30 local time on a Saturday.

Musco's stream actually got me interested in checking the Pot5 population again since he is on the server with 3 people on Zakuul. I did a /who for each AC and the base class. Approximately 150-200 players on the entire server at 12:30 local time on a Saturday.

And your point?

Sounds to me like that server is low population, but not "dead".

Well I wouldn't be so sure about * No server merges are planed! *..!

Right now they may say this but as far as I can tell they will have to face pretty soon the fact that there are servers which are nearly empty and from the business POV BW won't keep those servers up for long because it will cost them a lot of money... In addtion to that not so few Players will leave the game because they are not able to transfer with everything they've got (Guild unlocks, etc.) which will cost BW revenues... So the only rational solution will be to shut them down and transfer all remaining Players to other servers.!!

The only way to avoid it would be perhaps to LOCK those servers with a high population - meaning no one would be able to transfer Chars to and create new Chars on those servers... Players would than be forced to go to the less populated servers... But I pretty much guess that would lead to a ****storm in the Off-Bo :rolleyes: ...

Best regards

Kage

Well I wouldn't be so sure about * No server merges are planed! *..!

Right now they may say this but as far as I can tell they will have to face pretty soon the fact that there are servers which are nearly empty and from the business POV BW won't keep those servers up for long because it will cost them a lot of money... In addtion to that not so few Players will leave the game because they are not able to transfer with everything they've got (Guild unlocks, etc.) which will cost BW revenues... So the only rational solution will be to shut them down and transfer all remaining Players to other servers.!!

The only way to avoid it would be perhaps to LOCK those servers with a high population - meaning no one would be able to transfer Chars to and create new Chars on those servers... Players would than be forced to go to the less populated servers... But I pretty much guess that would lead to a ****storm in the Off-Bo :rolleyes: ...

Best regards

Kage

That method's been done in other MMOs and I don't recall any real objections. Server gets labeled as "full" and you have to pick another server.

Thanks MUCH for the digest, dude. :cool:

that's what people mean when they say "dead". Not literally dead as in 0 players.

My point was that what some call dead, others find perfectly acceptable.

So, your definition of "dead" may not be BW's.

Some players actually prefer NOT to have a million people on their server, clogging up fleet, competing for resources, filling chat with immature and childish nonsense.

Of course, I realize that anyone not playing the game the way those who prefer overcrowded, noisy servers are playing the game wrong and have no legitimate complaints, and that BW must be wrong if they do not classify any server that does not meet population criteria set by those players who prefer overcrowded, noisy servers as "dead".

That method's been done in other MMOs and I don't recall any real objections. Server gets labeled as "full" and you have to pick another server.

Probably because this is done when the server is actually full so it gets lower waiting times in the queue.

I can not recall any company that closed "normal" servers to force players to play on empty servers.

So.....when they say "dead", they mean "not dead"?

How dare you bring logic and rationality to the forums!! You might find yourself being accused of playing the forums wrong and and told that you don't have any legitimate complaint.

So.....when they say "dead", they mean "not dead"?

Hmm, I don't think you'd understand even if I tried to explain.

When people say a server is "dead", they generally mean very low activity that there's problems finding groups for stuff etc..

Edited by DarthWoad

Hmm, I don't think you'd understand even if I tried to explain.

When people say a server is "dead", they generally mean very low activity that there's problems finding groups for stuff etc..

Find a better adjective. 350 players currently on Jung Ma don't agree that our server is 'dead'.

Eric just said in the stream that 90CC will be coming back "in the next few weeks". He also said we'll know more in a news post on Monday/Tuesday this week. He didn't think it would include a discount for the new cross EU/US transfers.

Edit: This was during the fight with Arcann at the end of Chapter 8.

Edited by UlaVii

Eric just said in the stream that 90CC will be coming back "in the next few weeks". He also said we'll know more in a news post on Monday/Tuesday this week. He didn't think it would include a discount for the new cross EU/US transfers.

Yeah, didn't expect region changes to come down, they mentioned that the EU/US transfers cause them some actual work, it's not as straight forward as just changing servers.

I love it how the people creating and supporting threads "dont leave X server, its not dead/we'll make it better!" suddenly appeared here month later like man i totally wanna move now that i cant anymore fml Edited by Kiesu

I wonder how long will the 90CC last this time.

If it's temporary, how long do you thin it will be before the first "I'm stuck on a dead server, BW. Transfer me for FREE. It's not my fault that I didn't transfer during either of the two periods when transfers were 90 CC." threads start showing up?

If it's temporary, how long do you thin it will be before the first "I'm stuck on a dead server, BW. Transfer me for FREE. It's not my fault that I didn't transfer during either of the two periods when transfers were 90 CC." threads start showing up?

Oh it will start as soon as it ends. With the same excuses.

That won't be it. We've seen a sampling here, so I'm sure it will be: "I shouldn't have to pay to transfer, move me for free". It's going to be rationalized with something along the lines of "I didn't know transferring characters would cost me money (even though it's never been free) so I shouldn't have to pay for it".

That won't be it. We've seen a sampling here, so I'm sure it will be: "I shouldn't have to pay to transfer, move me for free". It's going to be rationalized with something along the lines of "I didn't know transferring characters would cost me money (even though it's never been free) so I shouldn't have to pay for it".

Why do you care? I guess that's the ultimate question. Does BW giving players free, discounted, or full price transfers have any impact on you? I'm honestly curious why you are so against players getting a better way off their server that no longer supports their play style.

Why do you care? I guess that's the ultimate question. Does BW giving players free, discounted, or full price transfers have any impact on you? I'm honestly curious why you are so against players getting a better way off their server that no longer supports their play style.

I don't care if Johnny leaves his server to go to another server if he feels that his server is "dead".

What I have a problem with is Johnny's demanding a handout with FREE or reduced cost transfers because he doesn't want to pay the price to transfer.

If Johnny wants to transfer servers, fine. Johnny needs to be willing to pay the cost to do so, though, especially since he had TEN MONTHS in which to do so at the rate of 90 CC's, a 95% discount.

That is just my opinion.

You can say this is just a game, but I have found that entitled attitudes like Johnny's and the expectation of handouts almost always carry over into real life. I see it more and more every day.