View Single Post

psandak
02.20.2016 , 06:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post
I actually have 2

First was battle of Illum. Zone in, mention I haven't done this one in a year. The jedi guardian ( I think) I'll call him "G" was super supportive and took charge. He gave out simple instructions for the boss "Lik Boss A get adds, avoid circles etc" or "Boss B tank and spank kill adds etc" we did the bonsuses, we joked, the other teammates he gave out roles too and they listened! I was on my dps guardian, so naturally I took the adds, G would tank, and the others did their roles.

I ended up joining G's guild, and whispered we should do more content together. Side note to end a great run, I popped the req levels so I could upgrade my mods soon as I got back on fleet. Wins for all

Second was Directive 7. REALLY hadn't been here in a long time. Last time I think I wa a healer, and being a healer vs dps in FP I barely remember was incredible. Once again I'm on my now Lv. 48 dps guardian, and a very kind 65 jedi gave me clear instructions how to tackle each boss.

Cleared it all in record time, no big glaring deaths and everyone walked away with creds, gear, and no if very little repair bills.
You've hit two VERY important factors:

#1 you said from outset that you were unfamiliar with the FP. While some will up and quit (ignore those), most will be supportive and give instructions.

#2 but equally important is that you and your teams FOLLOWED the instructions given.

I will take three newbs who follow instructions over veterans who try to blow through and/or skip trash and/or ignore mechanics, EVERY SINGLE TIME.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date