January Producer Live Stream Wrap-up

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Thank you for tuning into our Producer Live Stream with Ben and myself. Here is a recap of the things we talked about, for those of you that couldn't tune in.

State of the Galaxy

• Group content - We know that group content is something that is very important to you guys. Although we have no further updates at this time on the PvE side, we did talk a bit about the new Warzone which is coming (more on that shortly). Also, we will have even more detailed information on the new Warzone in next month's Producer Live Stream.
  • GTN Search - Thank you to all of you who helped us gather information on the issue. With that information in hand we were able to resolve the GTN search issues yesterday afternoon.
  • Events- As mentioned previously on the forums, due to the issues in December we are re-running all three recurring events in January.
  • Conquest Rewards - By the end of the day today (Austin time) everyone should be receiving their missing Conquest rewards.

Changes Since Last Stream

• The Eternal Championship and Bowdaar Recruitment have been moved to coincide with Chapter XI (Update 4.2)
  • A Blizz Recruitment Mission has been added into Chapter X (Update 4.1)
  • Reminder that Chapter X is launching on February 11th. Be a subscriber by February 1 to get the HK-55 Jetpack and 2 days of early access.

New Information:

Crafting

• Skill increase to 550
  • New Materials
  • New craftable Gear and Mods
  • Mission re-organization
  • *more details coming via forum posts towards the end of January

New Warzone

• Located on Odessen
  • New Game Mode - King of the Hill
  • Multiple Hills
  • Hills randomly spawn
  • More details coming in the February Producer Live Stream

Eternal Championship

• It is a solo challenge
  • Contains ten encounters
  • Weekly Missions reward progress
  • Rare drops from encounters
  • Recruitment Mission for Bowdaar

If you have any questions or comments about the things we talked about, feel free to post them in this thread! Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of the entire community: regular, significant class balance updates (monthly or faster).

Also, you haven't been experimenting with faster class balance cadence over the past few months. That's a lie.

Posted before.

Edited by Nothematic

Would it ever be feasible to release content creation tools to crowdsource group content which BW could add suitable ones to the game in a non-canon section? Surely fan made group content which you can look over and add is better than no raid content? Guilds are dying without Ops content, we can't keep players when there's so many other big title games recently released and there's no content for longer term players here.

Many games out there live on community generated content for years. You must have the content generation tools in house that could be polished and obviously will have to be adapted but it has to be technically feasible on some level. Even if it's a MArio Maker type system using assets already in the game. You already used to have a system of power users in the community that were intended to work as a filter or shield and added with BW oversight then community content packs could be moderated correctly..

It must be a workable system if people really try and it will keep the non-canon content moving forward for ages. We can't go on with the lack of Ops content. People can't run the same raid for 12 months at a time, even if that raid is updated to a new level.

You're killing us BW. Nobody WANTS to stop playing the game, they just feel they've completed it.

Edited by Swordy

I understand that Operations take time and your current focus is obviously pointed at bridging the gap of new players to group content, but honestly that feels a bit too late now. Those who were interested already put their feet in to test the waters & those who have been here from the start now have nothing new still. The only new thing you had that looks to be slightly challenging is now delayed until March. These sort of changes that push players into trying the new content should of came out during KotFE, not months later. It just feels odd and currently unwarranted when, unless you're going to surprise us, there is no new Ops to play & by the time of release most players would now tried out the SM group finder Operations.

I know you don't want to say anything concrete and such, but we really want to know: Is there going to be an Operation coming out on or before the final chapter of KotFE?

Hey folks,

Thank you for tuning into our Producer Live Stream with Ben and myself. Here is a recap of the things we talked about, for those of you that couldn't tune in.

State of the Galaxy

• Group content - We know that group content is something that is very important to you guys. Although we have no further updates at this time on the PvE side, we did talk a bit about the new Warzone which is coming (more on that shortly). Also, we will have even more detailed information on the new Warzone in next month's Producer Live Stream.
  • GTN Search - Thank you to all of you who helped us gather information on the issue. With that information in hand we were able to resolve the GTN search issues yesterday afternoon.
  • Events- As mentioned previously on the forums, due to the issues in December we are re-running all three recurring events in January.
  • Conquest Rewards - By the end of the day today (Austin time) everyone should be receiving their missing Conquest rewards.

Changes Since Last Stream

• The Eternal Championship and Bowdaar Recruitment have been moved to coincide with Chapter XI (Update 4.2)
  • A Blizz Recruitment Mission has been added into Chapter X (Update 4.1)
  • Reminder that Chapter X is launching on February 11th. Be a subscriber by February 1 to get the HK-55 Jetpack and 2 days of early access.

New Information:

Crafting

• Skill increase to 550
  • New Materials
  • New craftable Gear and Mods
  • Mission re-organization
  • *more details coming via forum posts towards the end of January

New Warzone

• Located on Odessan
  • New Game Mode - King of the Hill
  • Multiple Hills
  • Hills randomly spawn
  • More details coming in the February Producer Live Stream

Eternal Championship

• It is a solo challenge
  • Contains ten encounters
  • Weekly Missions reward progress
  • Rare drops from encounters
  • Recruitment Mission for Bowdaar

If you have any questions or comments about the things we talked about, feel free to post them in this thread! Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for mentioning stuff we already know. yep... so nothing new anytime soon... don't mind if i show myself out the door.

So no new PvE group content, and a single new Warzone / game mode that is long overdue by years, but no date? Thanks I guess?

What about the bugs aside from the GTN / Conquest? Is there any plan to actually do a bug pass at some stage to fix a lot of problems some players are having? Such as the fire bug affecting the first part of KotFE?

Thanks for the stream!

My follow-up question is:

How often can the Eternal Championship be repeated? Is it infinitely, like a flashpoint, or is it tied to some daily/weekly lockout? (I'm not talking about the weekly quests)

Also, will there be a PTS for the new warzone map to test it (like you did for Queshball) or will it go straight to the live servers?

Edited by Jerba

Is there going to be an Operation coming out on or before the final chapter of KotFE?

I think the obvious answer to that is no, else we'd know about it by now - but I agree that the fact they can't even come out and say no is just baffling.

Personally, I would be content with just having them come out and say if there will be new Operations content ever.

There has been much speculation but there has not been a single post where they've actually said they would make another one.

I am of the opinion that they have no plans to ever make one again, but stupidly, as long as they don't come out and say it I keep subbing.

Crafting to 550...does that mean that there will be a new tier of augments? If so...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo. My monies are going to disappear again. :(

I'm pretty excited about a new WZ. King of the hill sounds like fun.

I have no idea what this eternal championship stuff is all about. I'll have to find someplace to read more about that I guess.

P.S. Thanks for fixing the GTN. That was getting very tiresome.

Edited by teclado

heya,

first of all, nice live stream, nice to see a new warzone is on the way.

i just have one question: is the gladiator area just your character or will you be able to take your companion in with you?:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

the reason i ask this is because with your companion on healing and at influence 20-30+ its very unlikely to actually be too much of a issue for you to down the boss.

(im also assuming that the bosses will be 65 elites)

Group Content - Is there going to be a revamp of hard mode flashpoint rewards? In 4.0 the cosmetic reward drop rates like decorations were nerfed to oblivion, HM EV/KP drops much better gear for a fraction of the difficulty, and heroic weeklies give better credit and comm rewards, so there is zero reason to do these anymore. Any plans to bring rewards back in line with other group activities? Why should I queue for a HM FP for a 2% chance of getting a deco when I can get 2 or 3 soloing star fortresses for far less hassle?

Eternal Championship - Do we have to complete one or more KOTFE chapters to access this like the Star Fortresses? Do we have to do any part of the companion recruitment chain? Or is this going to be really alt unfriendly?

Blizz - Will he be available to people who don't want Yuun?

Edited by FireFoxed

Hey folks,

-eric

Well, that's it for me. The only thing that could have possibly kept me around without new flashpoints and/or operations was that arena content and it's been pushed back. How surprising. I refuse to pay a subscription for, at best, two hours of solo content a month. The rest of the game, in the state it is in, is not worth the cost.

See ya in August to play through the story. Maybe.

@Eric Musco

will the old Centurion Force-Masters/Force Mystics Armor return as crafting schematics with Chapter X? You mentioned during the Stream that the Elite War Hero Gear will return. Will the Centurion Force-Masters will return, too? Please make it happen! You would make dreams come true for so many of us waiting for that particular Armor to be obtainable again ever since it has disappeared almost 4 years ago :)

Edited by Phearz

If KotFE is ending with chapter 16, are we getting ALL 40 companions back with the next 7 chapters? Including our dang husbands/wives?????

I know we have the terminal, but I was waiting for them to come back in the story.

Aside from the important stuff like the content, a fair few of us NEED to KNOW if we're going to get our husbands/wives back or not.

I'll NOT be happy if I'm not getting a majority of my old companions back until 5.0. Arg.

Enjoyed the stream, good format :)

Clear information, some attempt to own the recent issues/bugs and attempts to set levels of expectation early.

Didn't feel too much hyperbole was used. Although I'm still confused as to how the meaningful choices may impact the character without stripping away companions you may have invested considerable time/credits into raising their influence level.

I don't stay glued to external sites combing them for every datamined source so information on the crafting changes, upcoming warzone and new solo challenge mode 'Eternal Championship' was news to me. Look forward to more details.

Twitch wouldn't play ball with my login and chat window, so, Tait could I have some swag? :w_angelic:

Thanks for the wrap up! I have a few questions, I hope you will please consider answering them. :)

Eternal Championship: "solo" has always meant "one character with a companion". Is this true for Eternal Championship as well, or will companions not be allowed to participate with the player?

Blizz recruitment: is this mission in particular locked behind any other companion recruitment missions? That is, are there any companions I should have recruited already if I want to dive into the update and get Blizz right away?

And an unrelated question that I am dying to have answered: Any chance of the new KotFE companions (Lana, Theron, etc) being able to be customized? Armor slots, customization kits . . . anything? I'd love to hear some comments on companion customization!

If KotFE is ending with chapter 16, are we getting ALL 40 companions back with the next 7 chapters? Including our dang husbands/wives?????

I know we have the terminal, but I was waiting for them to come back in the story.

Aside from the important stuff like the content, a fair few of us NEED to KNOW if we're going to get our husbands/wives back or not.

I'll NOT be happy if I'm not getting a majority of my old companions back until 5.0. Arg.

At this point they don't even know themselves, or have a plan for what's after chapter 16. They are trying to muddle through it, and are praying they still have a job by then.

Edited by Holocron