If you care about your character's romances, don't play.

Cedia

If I may ask. The romance bug being encountered, is this with old, existing toons that went through the romance/marriage very early in the game, like right after launch? Or is this with newer toons? The reason I ask, is because the romanced character sends 3 letters with gifts a day or two later. Did you get these letters before going into KOTFE?

I was just wondering if waiting for these 3 letters has anything to do with it. My apologies if this is not the case.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may ask. The romance bug being encountered, is this with old, existing toons that went through the romance/marriage very early in the game, like right after launch? Or is this with newer toons? The reason I ask, is because the romanced character sends 3 letters with gifts a day or two later. Did you get these letters before going into KOTFE?

I was just wondering if waiting for these 3 letters has anything to do with it. My apologies if this is not the case.

It can happen to any character. My Sniper was made back in May 2014, and he's got the bug. There's also been reports of people getting the bug on characters created after 4.0.

And then there's people like me who didn't encounter the bug at all on their pre 4.0 (all created in 2011/2012) or post 4.0 characters (two created Dec 18th 2015). It truly appears to be random, but then I have to ask the following:

1. Sex

2. Class > Advanced Class > Etc

3. Race

4. Companion

Because with that information, the similar theme may become more apparent. You may find that it's centered all around Male Rattataki with Jaesa (It's an example, not a prediction). Or that every Operative has the issue but Snipers do not (Again, example, not prediction.)

And then there's people like me who didn't encounter the bug at all on their pre 4.0 (all created in 2011/2012) or post 4.0 characters (two created Dec 18th 2015). It truly appears to be random, but then I have to ask the following:

1. Sex

2. Class > Advanced Class > Etc

3. Race

4. Companion

Because with that information, the similar theme may become more apparent. You may find that it's centered all around Male Rattataki with Jaesa (It's an example, not a prediction). Or that every Operative has the issue but Snipers do not (Again, example, not prediction.)

ok let's see

my smuggler (not apparently suffering from the bug)

1.Male

2. Gunslinger/sharpshooter

3. Cyborg

4. Risha

My Inquisitor (no conversations but did get the letter)

1. Male

2.Sorcerer/lightning

3. Zabrak

4.Ashara

ok let's see

my smuggler (not apparently suffering from the bug)

1.Male

2. Gunslinger/sharpshooter

3. Cyborg

4. Risha

1. Male

2.Sorcerer/lightning

3. Zabrak

4.Ashara

*creates spreadsheet for her own tracking purposes*

Both of these characters were created pre 4.0 and neither got the conversation options in Chapter 2, nor did they receive letters.

1. Sex -- Female

2. Class > Advanced Class > Etc -- Smuggler Scoundrel Ruffian

3. Race -- Human

4. Companion -- Corso

1. Sex -- Female

2. Class > Advanced Class > Etc -- Bounty Hunter Mercenary Arsenal

3. Race -- Human

4. Companion -- Torian

But then it is problem of dialogs in general, not romances (thank goodness!). BW cut many dialogs in game (for Heroics, for example), probably those were somehow related (in terms of coding) and got affected or new system of getting conversations missed the trigger, or it is related to specific line in previous dialog (happens in BW games) and if you did not click that particular and unknown line you can not get it - anything is possible.

Has to be fixed for sure (or at least explained, hoped, you sent Bug report) but I would not call romance completely broken. You still might get your letter on THAT character in KOTFE, I would not give up hope. And on next one you know now where to begin to worry and try different options to initiate said dialogs.

Since you are paying anyway... a possibility to investigate the problem (not your job, I know and agree with it! but still)

Agreed, the romance still *could* be okay on that character, but do you really think I want to take the chance? Also, this character will forever seem incomplete to me. As a Mandalorian, especially missing that Resal'nare conversation is a big deal.

And no, it is not something that is based on what option you pick. Two complete conversations are completely missing -- as in, there are no triangles for them at all. On my character, Torian went from talking about tingular to talking about Corridan when there should have been two other conversations in between. Oh, and my character was also almost full light side, and was a Mandalorian. Here you go:

Edited by Cedia

I haven't encountered the bug on either my old character or the new alts I've created in the last few months since KOTFE was launched. On my old character I received all the letters and got the chance to acknowledge the romance in the conversation with Valkorian. With my new characters I've done something different and I have noticed subtle changes in dialogue but nothing to indicate a bug. I've spaced out the conversations so that they only occur about once every time I reach a new planet or after a major cut scene. This includes the expansions up to KOTFE. I also did this with my main but that was before the bug was reported.

For example, at this point my BH and Warrior are both on Illium now and I believe three quarters of the way through their romances. The same on Pub side with my Smuggler.

As I mentioned previously in this post there have been some changes to the dialogue but the romance has continued without a hitch. For example, a new conversation popped up where Corso mentions Darmas Pollaren's betrayal which I've never seen up to this point until now.

If this is nothing new please feel free to correct me. :o

Both of these characters were created pre 4.0 and neither got the conversation options in Chapter 2, nor did they receive letters.

1. Sex -- Female

2. Class > Advanced Class > Etc -- Smuggler Scoundrel Ruffian

3. Race -- Human

4. Companion -- Corso

1. Sex -- Female

2. Class > Advanced Class > Etc -- Bounty Hunter Mercenary Arsenal

3. Race -- Human

4. Companion -- Torian

I may as well leave my bugged character here as well:

1. Sex -- Male

2. Class > Advanced Class > Etc -- Imperial Agent Sniper Marksmanship

3. Race -- Chiss

4. Companion -- Raina Temple

He never got to tell Valkorion he's found love, and he never got his mail.

I haven't encountered the bug on either my old character or the new alts I've created in the last few months since KOTFE was launched. On my old character I received all the letters and got the chance to acknowledge the romance in the conversation with Valkorian. With my new characters I've done something different and I have noticed subtle changes in dialogue but nothing to indicate a bug. I've spaced out the conversations so that they only occur about once every time I reach a new planet or after a major cut scene. This includes the expansions up to KOTFE. I also did this with my main but that was before the bug was reported.

For example, at this point my BH and Warrior are both on Illium now and I believe three quarters of the way through their romances. The same on Pub side with my Smuggler.

As I mentioned previously in this post there have been some changes to the dialogue but the romance has continued without a hitch. For example, a new conversation popped up where Corso mentions Darmas Pollaren's betrayal which I've never seen up to this point until now.

From what I've gathered, there's really no pattern to this bug. It's 100% random and can happen to anyone. Someone on twitter told me they ended up romancing Torian against their will, and that a friend of said Twitter user ended up marrying Vector.

I missed out on a chance to romance Lana. Ticket response mentioned that you don't get a second chance after the Cantina scene in KOTFE either...I could do it correctly on an alt, but my main is locked out. I should've waited and studied a walk-through or guide before proceeding on my main...very stupid.

I feel your pain OP.

So what you're saying is that you got friendzoned in an online game? :D

Well and as I was driving home from work, I thought of two more things. One is a spoiler and one is just a question:

What influence level was your companion when you started KotFE?

and

Did you make your companions stay or leave during the battle on Darth Marr's ship?

Well and as I was driving home from work, I thought of two more things. One is a spoiler and one is just a question:

What influence level was your companion when you started KotFE?

and

Did you make your companions stay or leave during the battle on Darth Marr's ship?

Raina was Influence Rank 10. I told them to stay, like I did on my Marauder. He still got the mail and

told Valkorion he found love during Chapter 2

1. Male

2.Sorcerer/lightning

3. Zabrak

4.Ashara

What do you mean by "no conversation"? In chapter 1 there are 2 places where you can mention your attitude toward companions:

1. Valcorion shows to you all companions saying something about bad and useless company for such as you. Your reaction is

a) Remark about your LI (more general but pointing to LI)

b) Call companions

c) To say you would replace some of them

2. Valcorion says something about "you might find your love here too" and you can answer

a) You do not know what love is

b) already found

c) don't care about love

1a and 2b are different for different classes, the rest is the same. So, which dialog you did not get? Because I am pretty sure I had the same lines even on insta-60 characters.

Edited by Mirandel

What do you mean by "no conversation"? In chapter 1 there are 2 places where you can mention your attitude toward companions:

1. Valcorion shows to you all companions saying something about bad and useless company for such as you. Your reaction is

a) Remark about your LI (more general but pointing to LI)

b) Call companions

c) To say you would replace some of them

2. Valcorion says something about "you might find your love here too" and you can answer

a) You do not know what love is

b) already found

c) don't care about love

1a and 2b are different for different classes, the rest is the same. So, which dialog you did not get? Because I am pretty sure I had the same lines even on insta-60 characters.

I didn't have an option in either part of the conversation to tell valkorion that I already found love. my inquisitor didn't get a chance to say it in conversation 1a (i exited and tried all of the conversation options in both of them and nothing mentioned a lover, i remember one mentioned that it was good to keep your human shields nearby in case of emergency, another was to call out to them, and one agreed with him. in conversation 2b there wasn't any option of mentioning my relationship either.

I didn't have an option in either part of the conversation to tell valkorion that I already found love. my inquisitor didn't get a chance to say it in conversation 1a (i exited and tried all of the conversation options in both of them and nothing mentioned a lover, i remember one mentioned that it was good to keep your human shields nearby in case of emergency, another was to call out to them, and one agreed with him. in conversation 2b there wasn't any option of mentioning my relationship either.

I had the same experience on both of my characters. No indication of any previous romance, just generic responses.

I haven't made any new female toons yet to redo romances again, but you're right, there have been some changes. I've noticed subtle changes with combat dialogue from companions. (my alts I haven't taken through kotfe yet). Like with Tharan Cedrax, he says something like 'we'll show you how it's done' or something similar when I had him in tank stance. Also, Quinn used to say 'You honor me, my lord.' when you'd give him an imperial companion gift. Now he says something entirely different I can't remember off the top of my head. And Imp gifts are his favorite.

I also had Pierce, on my Mara, when I went to finish his and everyone else's dialogue on her actually mention Quinn's betrayal. I don't remember him EVER saying anything about it before. And he wasn't even there for it.

So, there ARE differences I'm noticing. I don't know if it's new dialogue that was recorded FOR kotfe, or if this is older OLDER dialogue they had from Alpha/Beta. Because I heard way back in Alpha/Beta, you had a kit you could use to turn your companion into a tank/healer/dps. So I don't know what's going on. But I KNOW my companions like the back of my hand, and there ARE differences. They're subtle, but they ARE there.

Agreed, the romance still *could* be okay on that character, but do you really think I want to take the chance? Also, this character will forever seem incomplete to me. As a Mandalorian, especially missing that Resal'nare conversation is a big deal.

What do you have to loose? You already leveled your character to the end, already got romance finished (marriage). All that is left - 1 new Chapter and you will know for sure if that bug affecting that particular character. That will be your answer to the question "should I or should I not start another character" plus you can SS everything on the way to give the full bug report to BW (the bug is very illusive and obviously hard to replicate).

In case everything is fine (and it still could be) missing lines you can hadcanon back (you heard them once already, you KNOW it was said to your character). But paying money and not playing waiting for the bug-fix... I'd say, too frustrating.

And no, it is not something that is based on what option you pick. Two complete conversations are completely missing -- as in, there are no triangles for them at all. On my character, Torian went from talking about tingular to talking about Corridan when there should have been two other conversations in between. Oh, and my character was also almost full light side, and was a Mandalorian. Here you go:

Correction - it WAS NOT something based on what option you pick. But now, when some lines were added, some dialogs removed, with total mess coming from double romances (with new companions) - anything is possible.

I haven't made any new female toons yet to redo romances again, but you're right, there have been some changes. I've noticed subtle changes with combat dialogue from companions. (my alts I haven't taken through kotfe yet). Like with Tharan Cedrax, he says something like 'we'll show you how it's done' or something similar when I had him in tank stance. Also, Quinn used to say 'You honor me, my lord.' when you'd give him an imperial companion gift. Now he says something entirely different I can't remember off the top of my head. And Imp gifts are his favorite.

I also had Pierce, on my Mara, when I went to finish his and everyone else's dialogue on her actually mention Quinn's betrayal. I don't remember him EVER saying anything about it before. And he wasn't even there for it.

So, there ARE differences I'm noticing. I don't know if it's new dialogue that was recorded FOR kotfe, or if this is older OLDER dialogue they had from Alpha/Beta. Because I heard way back in Alpha/Beta, you had a kit you could use to turn your companion into a tank/healer/dps. So I don't know what's going on. But I KNOW my companions like the back of my hand, and there ARE differences. They're subtle, but they ARE there.

This has to do with the way their roles work. We're talking about full conversations in cutscenes.

What do you have to loose? You already leveled your character to the end, already got romance finished (marriage). All that is left - 1 new Chapter and you will know for sure if that bug affecting that particular character. That will be your answer to the question "should I or should I not start another character" plus you can SS everything on the way to give the full bug report to BW (the bug is very illusive and obviously hard to replicate).

In case everything is fine (and it still could be) missing lines you can hadcanon back (you heard them once already, you KNOW it was said to your character). But paying money and not playing waiting for the bug-fix... I'd say, too frustrating.

Correction - it WAS NOT something based on what option you pick. But now, when some lines were added, some dialogs removed, with total mess coming from double romances (with new companions) - anything is possible.

I really don't want to go through everything after Corellia just to find out I'm bugged. And it will constantly be nagging me that I'm incomplete. Starting again from the beginning would take less time, honestly.

And if they randomly took out conversations as important as the Resal'nare one, and we're just supposed to swallow it gladly, well, that's some Grade A ******** right there and I'm certainly not going to just take it.

Going through all Chapters, farm Kuat 100 more times, do all planetary quests, finish Ilum, Makeb and Oricon, play through DP, do BP and the Foundry again, replay all Forged Alliances flashpoints, go through SoR again followed by Ziost and Kotfe up to Chapter X is the LAST thing I want to do. Edited by Swedguy

1. Sex -- Male

2. Class > Advanced Class > Etc -- Imperial Agent Sniper Engineering

3. Race -- Chiss

4. Companion -- Raina Temple

No love dialog with Val and no mail.

Actually, I don't think he even got her three e-mails after finishing her conversations either. I finished up her convos and then jumped immediately into KOTFE. Checked my mail for days after finishing chap 9 and don't recall ever getting ANYTHING from Raina.

So, here's something interesting though. I didn't marry Raina. I had already taken my consular through KOTFE first, and so I knew about the love convo and the e-mails, but when my agent didn't get them I assumed that it was intentional and maybe Raina was mad at me for refusing to marry her. :p Is it possible that ended the romance? The dialog option i chose did not sound like a break up to me. It was more like a "life is too dangerous and unpredictable for us to get married now" kind of thing. I assumed the romance was still on. Did anyone else choose to not marry Raina and still get her three letters at the end? It would be interesting if it turned out he wasn't bugged after all.

In other news....I was able to break up with Iresso on my second consular, the one who was suddenly "stealth" romanced by him. I watched his videos on youtube and it was really strange. There were three or four very obvious romance conversations that occurred before the one that I got that surprised me. I don't recall getting any of those previous ones at all and find it hard to imagine that I could have mistakenly gone through that many romance convos without noticing before. The conversation really did feel like it appeared out of the blue to me. Anyway, there is an option to (gently) break up with him, I discovered, and it works. No more romance convos afterwards, no love convo with Val once I entered KOTFE and no letter from Iresso.

Edited by CloudCastle

I just re-subbed and I feel very lucky so far but frustrated with some of the design choices in KotFE. My Sith Sorcerer got his farewell letter from Ashara, but I'm still pissed she's missing from KotFE. My vanilla level 40 Jedi Consular was able to initiate romance just fine but I toyed with them and then declined to pursue it, she remains unattached and full dark side.

That being said I have not taken a second character into KotFE yet as I'm a little upset about the missing companions. I am reluctant to take my Trooper (my first character) into the expansion as Elara Dorne has been by his side for too long and he is straight laced and Light Side all the way, loosing her would be traumatic to his psyche and it would just be sad to play him without her. My Smuggler however is a dog and has no problem leaving his significant other behind, he's been cheating on her behind her back with every woman he can so he will be the next one to enter KotFE, however loosing Bowdaar will be hard.

I haven't really looked at my other high level characters and will likely focus on hitting 50 with the 2 classes I haven't done that with yet (Jedi Consular and Imp Agent) anyway. So other than the Smuggler, I may wait until the next chapter to take any more into KotFE.

In other news....I was able to break up with Iresso on my second consular, the one who was suddenly "stealth" romanced by him. I watched his videos on youtube and it was really strange. There were three or four very obvious romance conversations that occurred before the one that I got that surprised me. I don't recall getting any of those previous ones at all and find it hard to imagine that I could have mistakenly gone through that many romance convos without noticing before. The conversation really did feel like it appeared out of the blue to me. Anyway, there is an option to (gently) break up with him, I discovered, and it works. No more romance convos afterwards, no love convo with Val once I entered KOTFE and no letter from Iresso.

Hmm, interesting. It seems like whole conversations are being randomly dropped.

I'm wondering if this has to do with how much influence they have.

I know that BioWare said that influence does not matter as far as cutscenes go, but I know for a fact that this is absolutely wrong. Why? Because when I first got Torian, Mako was after him and I didn't want that. So I escaped out of that conversation with her and got his influence higher than hers. Afterwards when I spoke with Mako she no longer spoke about Torian at all.

So did you have your influence really high with Iresso when you got those jarring stealth romance conversations?

Edited by Cedia