View Single Post

Prophetic
12.28.2011 , 04:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFishes View Post
Healing, as you're referring to it, is not spamming heals...

Shield your taregt, stun one of the dpsers on him, throw out a quick or instant heal, knockback the 2 or 3 guys on him, toss a big heal...

Healing is an offensive sport now... It's no longer how much HPS you can output, but rather controlling a situation to make your heals count...

I used to always say, "I don't care what my healing done numbers are at the end of a match, I care about how many total deaths my team racks up..."

Think of yourself now more as a control/support class that CAN heal, rather than a healbot...

You'll have more fun, and realize you're not underpowered...

I concur with this. Given a 2 on 2 situation (yourself as a healer and a buddy vs. 2 DPS or whatever) and both parties have equal skill, you should be able to win half the time. As a Scoundrel Sawbones, I've got HoTs, Interrupts, Stuns, Escapes, tons of tricks in my aresenal. If 2 people start focusing who you're healing, you have to pull something else out of your bag to help them live. The DPS against you have to do this too, in order for them to survive. I believe it's working as it's intended. I personally enjoy it quite a bit. I feel way more active.

If you're outnumbered, you should be defeated unless you get extremely lucky or are very skilled. But you can give them a helluva time before going down. :P