View Single Post

bright_ephemera
10.07.2015 , 04:22 PM
I <3 Pierce so much more than I have the time to express. Poor guy's in a big ensemble here. But will never lose his attitude.

Part 3-55. In which everything is better afloat (working title: Mission: Morgoth or Marmot or whatever) (actual guy's name, since I looked it up: Margok)

This series has pervasive spoilers for the Shadow of Revan Rishi questline. It also regularly uses the chapter 3 titles for the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor, along with the background of their companions.

A Sith in appropriate clothes
Once struck a piratical pose.
Her whimsy was sent
On a nautical bent
For worse or for better (who knows?)

“I have news,” said Theron Shan over the holo.

“Finally,” muttered Quinn.

“Right,” said Nalenne, “we were doing work or something, right?”

“We’re ready to go,” said Rho.

“Yeah, what he said.”

“Listen carefully,” said Lana Beniko, in the sort of tone of voice that suggested she genuinely expected compliance.

“The Nova Blades are based out of a crashed ship a little ways down the shoreline,” said Theron. “I’ve finally got the access codes you’ll need to get through the outer defenses, but I haven’t been able to get in to slice their databases. That’s where you come in.”

“Easy. Smash ‘n’ grab,” said Nalenne.

“Really more just ‘grab,’” said Lana. “If possible.”

“Yeah. Right.” Nalenne crossed her arms over her chest. “Now this crashed ship…you said it was on the water?"

"Pretty much,” said Theron. “Half of it's in the bay. The other half is close by."

"Reeeeally."

Theron’s hands were flying across an invisible keypad. "Is that a problem? The local marine wildlife seems slightly less deadly than the local jungle wildlife."

"Not important," said Nalenne. "We're going to use the boat."

Both her correspondents stiffened.

"The boat?" said Lana.

"What boat?" said Theron.

"Insanity Company got me a boat."

The officers beamed, all except Quinn, who merely looked dignifiedly self-satisfied.

"You got a boat?" said Rho, clearly taken aback.

"A pirate boat!" confirmed Nalenne.

"Did you steal it?" said Rho.

"Does that make you squeamish?" Quinn said snidely.

"Sort of like it should?" Kira shot back.

"There was no legal owner at the time we took possession of it," Vette said smoothly.

"Oh," said Rho. "Well, then. We’re going to use it for the attack?” He seemed already to be warming toward eagerness.

"You bet! I wonder if Hareth and Broonmark can get the cannons working in time..."

"And you're going...to..." Theron's shoulders slumped. "I really can't stop you, can I."

"It's not the worst idea I've ever heard," Lana said reluctantly.

"We'll have a boat!" said Rho. "And hats!"

"Red Hulls forever, right?" said Nalenne.

"Yeah," Kira said in a biting tone, "but is the hull actually red?"

Nalenne frowned. She leaned over toward Quinn. They exchanged a few heated whispers. "We can fix that," she concluded. Quinn sent a few words Captain Rutau's way. Rutau hurried off.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST