Combat Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the douche is strong with this one.

The bluntness is necessary. Manual labor should always be the last resort. People who use the excuse "I won't be able to blaze through ilum dailies anymore" deserve such bluntness. First, the core of that excuse is "I want more credits and thus I'll disagree with this change for personal profit", and second, as implied, Dailies aren't even a good source of money.

It's like blaming a weather forecaster because he didn't accurately predict the rain that destroyed your outdoor paper-maché replica of a tree. Like, first of all, the world doesn't revolve around you, and secondly, you know you can plant the real thing, right?

This selfish and preposterous mentality deserves as straightforward of a response as I gave.

Edited by idnewton

How will guilds unlock their guild ships when they are down-leveled and now farming commanders for frameworks and encryptions is impossible?

Do not say conquest, because in light of the changes to conquest crafting, small guilds will never place in the top 10 on the bigger servers.

That is a technical problem which we have to believe they have addressed. Same as higher-level Bonus Series areas (40-41 on Alderaan, for example). We have to assume they are successfully implementing this feature. Should we blindly trust that they will? Of course not, we shouldn't blindly trust ANYTHING. However, we do have to assume that they're doing what they should be, unless we gain information which shows differently. That said, it's still important that we bring issues like this and bonus series area levels up, so that we make sure they do handle things well. But there's no benefit in worrying about it. As I've not-so-eloquently stated three times already in this post, we have to assume they're on top of secondary ramifications like this. Edited by idnewton

I love all the changes. Companion gearing was quite annoying at times and I often wondered why is it not just tied to the character level, so thank you very much for that. Now I can actually use every companion, or should I say, now I can actually use my favourite companion since I can make them heal/tank. So very nice!

Level sync, it is something I wanted from day 1 so that the low level planets does not feel so meaningless... So "grey" like they are now. It's a lot more immersive when the mobs on lower level planets pose some threat again, and are not just grey target dummies made of paper. Not to mention we can help friends and guildies without blocking their XP gains, having level appropriate company to help you is more interesting anyway, it's no fun when max level steamroller just kills everything and you run behind collecting loot, actually is there anything more boring? Finally the whole galaxy is our playground and not only the end game planet. Thank you very much!

The only thing I find something to complain about, is the fact that expansion story can't be done with a friend. The best leveling experience is when you and your friend pick different classes, and you complete your class missions in turns. But I have to admit that I don't do it often enough to justify my complaint fully, though when I do, I love it very much. So what I'm trying to say, please Bioware make Mass Effect 4 story content cooperative :D

This level sync system... It doesn't make any sense at all.

What would make some sense?

Remove the char level system for good.

Just because the PC gets new abilities, mastery and weapons it's no suppose to make NPCs weaker, just easier to face. A debuff system is just against the very principles of RPG.

What would make a lot of sense?

Before change everything again and again, create new things and so on, start solving old issues, bugs, missed codex ... some of them are in game since day #1.

[Edited]

Edited by rortegas

The hate for planet scaling that some people are coming out with is a bit unwarranted. It's not a bad idea at all if its an option. As an option its totally glorious. If its not an option then it IS negative but not too bad.

Pros

• Allows higher level characters to play with their friends/guildies and have a reason for it. Could really help build commeraderie in guilds
  • Lower lvl HCs will still be easy due to more powerful Active/passives
  • Lower lvl content can be more challenging and therefore more fun
  • No high levels nicking all the WBs to feed next toons/GTN

Cons

• Higher lvl HCs might not be soloable as they are built in consideration of better skills. A corru HC may be soloable where a Voss one might not be for this reason.
  • WBs will be a no go for soloing. Thus WBs outside of conquest/weeklys will rarely be killed and a pain to group for.
  • FPs will I expect no longer be soloable ESPECIALLY the higher lvl ones for the same reason as HCs.
  • If you want to help a guildie then the time expenditure is going to be much higher. I could be doing stuff for me rather than help you for 45 minutes.
  • Wading through trash mobs pointlessly on the way for that 1 datacron you missed.
  • For a lvl capped player, with max legacy lvl, you still DONT ACTUALLY GET ANY BENEFIT.

The pros will be sooooo good to keep. If the option is toggable then the lvl sync will be amazing otherwise the benefits, particularly for a lvl 65 main character, will be overshadowed by the cons.

Still ragings not gonna help as I'm guessing most of Bioware employees are wherever they go on a weekend...

Ah, I've located a seemingly-neutral party who's taken the time to list both sides. This is good, a place to actually make progress from.

I'm going to ignore the pros, because I am already for Level-Sync. I'd rather focus on what I disagree with, and why, so an agreement and/or understanding can actually be reached.

Cons

• Higher lvl HCs might not be soloable as they are built in consideration of better skills. A corru HC may be soloable where a Voss one might not be for this reason.

I assume by HC you mean Heroic Content? I accept this as a rather intelligent observation, but I don't think it'll be a huge deal. I don't think we're IDEALLY supposed to be able to solo heroics, but I think they're trying to make sure less skilled players can still beat them with a group. I wouldn't be too concerned. Like you said, it WILL probably make a difference, but I don't think that difference will be TOO big.

• WBs will be a no go for soloing. Thus WBs outside of conquest/weeklys will rarely be killed and a pain to group for.

I believe this is a good thing. This should be group content.

• FPs will I expect no longer be soloable ESPECIALLY the higher lvl ones for the same reason as HCs.

Again, I think this is good. This was originally designed to be group content.
  • If you want to help a guildie then the time expenditure is going to be much higher. I could be doing stuff for me rather than help you for 45 minutes.

Sure but it would help you, would it not?
[*]Wading through trash mobs pointlessly on the way for that 1 datacron you missed.

It'll be no different than if that datacron was a level or two below you. Yes, it'll take a slight bit longer, but not much. Besides, you'll no longer have to get ones you've already gotten (given it's on the same server) since they're adding legacy datacron unlocks for each cron (and yes it's retroactive which is AWESOME).
[*]For a lvl capped player, with max legacy lvl, you still DONT ACTUALLY GET ANY BENEFIT.

This is a good point. I really wish they would raise the Legacy Level cap, but as it is, yes, that's technically true, there isn't any XP benefit to 65s who've maxed Legacy Level (which most long-time players have).

This is a good point. I really wish they would raise the Legacy Level cap, but as it is, yes, that's technically true, there isn't any XP benefit to 65s who've maxed Legacy Level (which most long-time players have).

That's actually a very valid point even beyond just Legacy Level.

Many have been discussing that the benefit of high-level characters returning to do the heroics to continue to get XP and such would make them relevant again...well, if you're a 65, that doesn't matter. You wouldn't be getting any XP anyway because you've already hit level cap. It's fine for the person who you're grouping with, since their XP gain won't be affected the way it was before, but there's not an XP benefit for max-level characters. That removes a large part of the supposed "making them relevant again", because if all you're getting is the crystals and the gear box, that's really about as relevant as they were before, just with an added dose of tedium.

At 60, you're more likely to be running through KotFE to level, not heroic missions. So, which sector of the playerbase is level sync really for? Certainly not the subscriber who is levelling through the wholly new and potentially shiny solo story material. The f2p or pref that doesn't have KotFE but does have RotHC and SoR? That seems odd, can't be right. For the people who are deadset against doing KotFE's story missions? That too seems odd, why would BioWare cater to them over people who are continuing to pay for the new shinies?

This as my first thought as well. Optional level synch is a great idea. But many players enjoy having the option to solo lower level content that would otherwise require a group, and this takes that away.

This would be great with flashpoints so that level 10-15 can still get carried through black talon and still feel like they're doing something.

That's actually a very valid point even beyond just Legacy Level.

Many have been discussing that the benefit of high-level characters returning to do the heroics to continue to get XP and such would make them relevant again...well, if you're a 65, that doesn't matter. You wouldn't be getting any XP anyway because you've already hit level cap. It's fine for the person who you're grouping with, since their XP gain won't be affected the way it was before, but there's not an XP benefit for max-level characters. That removes a large part of the supposed "making them relevant again", because if all you're getting is the crystals and the gear box, that's really about as relevant as they were before, just with an added dose of tedium.

At 60, you're more likely to be running through KotFE to level, not heroic missions. So, which sector of the playerbase is level sync really for? Certainly not the subscriber who is levelling through the wholly new and potentially shiny solo story material. The f2p or pref that doesn't have KotFE but does have RotHC and SoR? That seems odd, can't be right. For the people who are deadset against doing KotFE's story missions? That too seems odd, why would BioWare cater to them over people who are continuing to pay for the new shinies?

I did forget, they scale the credits as well as the XP, so you'd be getting a level 65 amount of credits rather than, say, a level 28 amount. That may entice players to help others, since they'd be getting probably over 10k creds, rather than roughly 350 :D

Black Talon (and Esseles) is getting a Solo Mode in 4.0 anyway. All the "story-heavy" FPs are.
I forgot about this. This is true too. Edited by idnewton

Each of the three excuses I mentioned are ones I have already seen used. By calling those issue irrelevant, you are agreeing with me.

I'm really sorry, but you are delusional. Those tow points of yours, though they may have been used by someone, are completely irrelevant to the argument. I am by no means agreeing with you. That's just funny.

It all sounds like complete crap. Sometimes I like going back to past planets to mess around, walk the land, not worry about anything.

Combat balancing has always failed and this sounds like the worst failure of all. If you want us to only play one class, and one story line, release a single player game.

I'll play through Fallen Empire as a single player game, but SWTOR as a MMO is over as of 4.0. PvP is going to be useless, all of the OPs/FPs will get super boring because everyone is fit into one cookie cutter toon.

Not an MMO, but I guess at lteast there might be a decent single player RPG to look forward to. EH, torn on whether to be upset or not. I guess yes, make a separate game, and let us commence with the galactic war that SWTOR was being set up for.

Oh, and I apologize now, for trolling so many times and telling people to stack presence in all possible places and always trying to confuse new players by saying stats that wouldn't have benefited them... Now my trolling has caused people to be so confused that BW had to get rid of primary stats, and make secondary stats less confusing. In the end, the joke is on me.

Hello Idnewton,

Overall I think that Level Sync is a decent change, and I agree it is beneficial overall. Although I am among those that think it should be a toggable option rather than forced upon everyone. I didn't plan to post, but saw your post here and since you asked I thought I'd give my list of why's.

[...]

onward to my list.

• While an MMO is made to allow for being social while gaming, there are times where I simply do not feel like playing with others. And I do not want to feel forced to go to another game just because I want to game but do not feel like gaming with others for a night or two. There is plenty enough space in an MMO for choosing that.

This won't force you to play with other players for anything other than content which was designed to be group content.

• I do not have unlimited time. I am already struggling to do all the things I want to get done - I am roleplaying, doing flashpoints and ops, trying to earn enough credits to get around through dailies, levelling alts, running a guild, doing achievements, collecting pets/mounts/toys and more. But I only have 4-5h a day.

Nor does anyone. However, the vast majority of those things aren't affected by Level-Sync. This system will make it EASIER to level alts as higher-level characters will be doing your level heroics. Also, if you run a guild, you should be able to count on your guild members to help you do dailies if you prefer to group for it. If you want to do dailies AND you don't feel like grouping, well then I don't know what to tell you. Same problem would apply now :confused: It'd be like choking to death and thinking "I don't want to die but I don't want to dial 911" well you can't always have what you want, you have to choose one or the other :D

• Grinding is not my definition of fun. Me wanting to roflstomp through the daily areas has nothing to do with me wanting to overpower it because I am a terrible player, but it does have to do with it being tremendously boring and repetitive. Doing it with a group or solo makes no difference, it's still horribly boring.

Okay but according to what you said here:
I majorly make my money through the GTN, without selling CM stuff, but I do augment my income with dailies
I don't see why this is such a problem for you. You say most of your money comes from non-daily activities and that you
I am roleplaying, doing flashpoints and ops, [...] levelling alts, running a guild, doing achievements, collecting pets/mounts/toys and more. But I only have 4-5h a day.
so why would you be wasting time doing dailies when it's not even your primary source of income and you have so much else to do? :confused:

• If I want to do my HK questline or finish up the Droid Reconnaisance achievement, or do the macrobinocular/seeker questes, I simply do not want to spend hours upon dead hours having to kill mobs I have been scaled down to in order to finish these. They are really long questlines as they are.

Wouldn't take that much longer. Besides, why would you be doing them at 65? If you're doing them as anything below that, you'll be gaining XP for those mobs. I question the logic of ever doing these two quest chains more than once each, but to each his own :rolleyes:

• I am roleplaying. Our group often travelled all across the galaxy to do our story quests and events. Having to interrupt our RP over and over to clear an area we want to RP would just be beyond frustrating.

Uh, wouldn't the presence of enemies be part of the RP?

• I don't need a challenge everywhere. I am very fine with my heroic flashpoints, hard mode / nightmare mode raids, endgame level heroics, worldboss killing and jump-a-tron datacron/seeker/macro challenges. And really - scaling down to a planets level doesn't make the planet more] challenging anyway - just more tedious.

Um, okay, but it's not about making the planets tedious. It's only as tedious as Yavin's enemies are now. Similar level, etc. This essentially just make it so "overleveled" is a thing of the past, which is what it should be. All content should be engaging. I should not be able to take my skinny gearless sniper and stand in a nest of Korriban beasts, take a shower, come back, and still be alive.

• Why should I bother even doing endgame content and try improve my gear if I won't get any sense of accomplishment out of it? Me being level 65 and having awsum epixx wouldn't matter a thing if I get downscaled wherever I go anyway.

Oh no, now the only noticeable benefit of getting better endgame gear is to -- wait for it -- do higher endgame content with it. It's not like that makes sense or anything :D Do you honestly get satisfaction from using endgame gear to steamroll lowbie NPCs? :eek: The point of endgame gear is to progress through endgame. It will make you perform better in lowbie as well, just not quite as much (I'm pretty sure it's scaling your stats down, not capping them). Edited by idnewton

I'm really sorry, but you are delusional. Those tow points of yours, though they may have been used by someone, are completely irrelevant to the argument. I am by no means agreeing with you. That's just funny.
The fact that they are used by people is my point, and the fact that they are completely irrelevant to the argument supports my point, and because you keep saying it, you are therefore supporting my point. This is not complicated.

Downlevelling doesn't work in GW2. Why would think it would work here EA? That in itself it one of the main reasons I quit GW2. I've finished those planets. I've earned the privilege to clobber things on earlier planets should I so choose. Taking that choice away from the players is quite a "You will play the game our way and you will like it." decision.

However, I am pleased that you guys decided follow MoP and WoD's cue and raise baseline accuracy to 100% and squish and/or consolidate stats. I don't care for the dick measuring contest affectionately known as PvP so I'm grateful that I no longer have to stack Accuracy. I'm curious to as what you guys will take from Legion.

Now regarding the specifics of stat changes: There is none to be worshipped but Crit Rating. Force Potency / Recklessness is its prophet.

Edited by Bugattiboy

Alright reasons the new level sync is bad.

1) I have limited playtime. Having a life and a family means that I do not have endless hours to sink into grinding.

2) Grinding is boring and tedious terribleness anyway designed to give you busy work between content. You will always notice a slacking of subs once players get stuck in the 'grind'.

3) Forcing me to level down to get crafting materials will... make me entirely reconsider if I want to waste my time crafting. Ten minutes of fast gathering will now become a half hour - hour long slog of constantly being in combat while I run across a planet. This means more time that I am killing mobs that actual lower levels need. It will make it so I get in their way far longer than necessary.

3) FP / HM are farmed by various people for the deco items for their stronghold, or for appearance gear. What was a 15 minute run will now become an hour of waiting for a group. An hour of running the group (if you are lucky) with EVERYONE in the group deciding they all need the deco item. Meaning you lose out, and now have to go through it again.

4) Why is it that facerolling Ilium for some fast credits is somehow worse than racing other people and stealing slicing nodes out from under them on Yavin? Atleast on Ilium I wasn't bothering anyone.

5) I have done every planet storyline 4 times. I saw it. I read it. I ran it. I ran it again. I defeated it. For all the people saying about immersion, I neutralized that threat. Now it somehow came back to annoy me again? I am not likely to do Heroics again on low level planets. I don't have time nor inclination for that time sink again. I was more likely to help a lower level character when it was a ten minute faceroll. Because then it was done, and over with. Now it will drag on and on and on. Imagine... Balmorra... all.over.again. No thank you.

6) My characters are max level. I will proceed to get them to level 65 in the new shiny content. If I need a money grind, I will run the new weekly. Old content is simply. Old. Nothing new to offer me. No money incentive that I can't find elsewhere. No experience incentive. Woohoo? I can grind more faction for my Alliance?

All the changes are pretty cool but the level sync honestly.

The level sync would cause problems considering the bonuses and some people would love this while others wouldn't so please make this optional, it can be similar to the 12xp boost on how you turn it on or off, or just change it on or off in your preferences.

Just a suggestion :tran_cool:

Well, this is certainly an interesting development. Of all the stuff they mentioned in that announcement, there's really only two items I have any opinion on: level cap and companion changes.

First I'll address the companion changes, specifically this:

•Companions no longer generate any stats from gear, their stats are purely based on the level of the companion, so you can dress them up however you want. Accordingly, equipment slots that didn't have any effect on visibility have been removed from companions. Companions will still need a weapon in order to activate their abilities, but the stats of the weapon won't matter.

This will be a major help to players, as they no longer have to fuss around with keeping at least six sets of gear, including their own, leveled up. Now they can focus only on their own gear. This is something that I've always struggled with, keeping my comps up to date with the gear. For me, by the time I reached late game, there was always only one comp who had gear that was anywhere close to the appropriate level, but even then it was often lacking. There have been many times where I've needed to switch out my comp for one that fit the situation better, i.e. a healer or tank instead of dps, only to realize that the comp I'm switching to is still fitted with gear that's 20 levels too low.

The companion changes will eliminate that, for which I'm happy.

Now for the level cap. First reaction? Sounds like something a lobotomized Gamorrean would come up with. You're basically removing the incentive to progress to higher level, and therefore tougher and more rewarding, areas. Using the example given in the announcement of a level 60 coming down to a level 30 area, there should only be a few reasons for that: 1) You're interested in the story and want to experience it, 2) You're only interested in the credits, so you're there to farm, or 3) You're there to help someone in a tough situation because they asked and you're feeling charitable. Being level 60 and going down to a level 30 should never be about "Oh, I want the exp to level up," because you shouldn't be getting any. If you're level 60 and want to gain exp to level up, you should be doing level 60+ areas. That's the way it currently is, and it works pretty well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Think of it this way: it's not so much of you scaling down (well, actually that's exactly what this is, you scaling down), but the exp reward from enemies scales up, which makes absolutely no sense.

Of the three reasons I listed above for a high level player going down to a low level area, level cap only makes sense for one of them: the player is there for the story. Even for this rationale, the level cap idea is modified. Sure, keep the stat scaling, but remove the exp scaling. Imagine this situation: a player starts a character at level 60 in KotFE, then decides to go do the original game content for the story, before they get into the KotFE content, so they head to the starter planets (I guarantee this will happen because why not?). Under the currently proposed level cap system, everything about the player will be scaled down, except for the exp earned, which will supposedly scale up. This will likely result in the player hitting max level by the time they finish the capital world, if not the starter planet, therefore eliminating any future exp gains until the level max is raised again. So, in this situation, the exp scaling should be removed so the incentive of gaining exp to level up remains once the player returns to the level 60 areas. Also, level scaling should only apply in story areas, because that’s why the level 60 player is there, for the story. It wouldn’t be much fun in the story areas if the player could one-shot everything.

For the other two reasons, the level cap system makes no sense at all, even with exp scaling removed. In both situations, it is in the player’s interest to be at their high level in order to expedite the process. If they’re in a lower level area to farm, they don’t want to be spending a lot of time there when they’ve got other things on their daily to-do list. And with the level scaling, they’d likely be forced to look for a group for the heroics, which they probably could have soloed at their higher level, and that wastes even more of their time.

Then there’s the personal pride side of the equation: if I’d invested all the time and resources into leveling up and getting gear to match, and I go back to a lower level area, I don’t want my investment to be rendered pointless. I want to be the bad-*** I made my character into and do what I came to the lower level area to do – wipe the floor with the lower level mobs.

As an alternative, or modification to the level cap idea, I’d suggest making it either apply to only story/instance areas, and/or be optional, with a toggle for subscribers and a cartel market unlock for everybody else.

So, to recap, the companion changes are a great idea, the level cap idea not so much. Everything else about the announcement…meh.

Alright reasons the new level sync is bad.

1) I have limited playtime. Having a life and a family means that I do not have endless hours to sink into grinding.

Level-Sync does not directly translate to 'grinding'. Right now, a max level character going to a mid to low level planet will be able to steamroll everything, with no real benefit. With Level-Sync, the mobs will now at least be able to damage us, but now there's benefit to doing that content.

Requires no effort and gives no reward

- - - - - - - - Changed To - - - - - - - - - - - -

Requires effort and gives rewards

Seems reasonable to me. The only real "rewards" you could get right now would be basic comms and they aren't really a part of endgame progression at all. Ultimate comms don't even give very good stuff.

2) Grinding is boring and tedious terribleness anyway designed to give you busy work between content. You will always notice a slacking of subs once players get stuck in the 'grind'.
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, MMOs are grinding. MMOs are a place where you can express and develop your creativity, your skill, and both of those things are heavily controlled so you can never do EXACTLY what you want. There's always something else to buy on the GTN to try on, there's always more achievements to get, etc.

Also, this specific statement about grinds doesn't really pertain to Level-Sync itself anyway.

3) Forcing me to level down to get crafting materials will... make me entirely reconsider if I want to waste my time crafting. Ten minutes of fast gathering will now become a half hour - hour long slog of constantly being in combat while I run across a planet. This means more time that I am killing mobs that actual lower levels need. It will make it so I get in their way far longer than necessary.

You should never have been able to stand five feet from an enemy and have it not attack you. Realistically it was stupid, and they've finally found a solution which purges that BS.

3) FP / HM are farmed by various people for the deco items for their stronghold, or for appearance gear. What was a 15 minute run will now become an hour of waiting for a group. An hour of running the group (if you are lucky) with EVERYONE in the group deciding they all need the deco item. Meaning you lose out, and now have to go through it again.
The entire concept of being able to steam-roll stuff because you have a little number that says so is outright stupid. Hopefully this change will reshape how MMOers view the system in general, and not accept such stupid BS design in the future.

4) Why is it that facerolling Ilium for some fast credits is somehow worse than racing other people and stealing slicing nodes out from under them on Yavin? Atleast on Ilium I wasn't bothering anyone.
Because it doesn't make logical sense. These are trained soldiers, just like the Revanites are trained soldiers. Just because they're on a different planet does not mean it makes sense that they shouldn't be able to touch you whereas the Revanites can kill you in a reasonable amount of time. I know your MMO experience tells you that because you've earned that cute little number, you should be able to faceroll them, but if you can get the stupid MMO system out of your mind for one minute, and think rationally about how a game, this game, ANY game should work, you have to admit it's stupid in its current state. A Revanite trainee is more powerful than the final boss of your class quest story, just because he has a little number that says 60? How stupid is that? Break free of the idiotic MMO mentality and think about this rationally.

5) I have done every planet storyline 4 times. I saw it. I read it. I ran it. I ran it again. I defeated it. For all the people saying about immersion, I neutralized that threat. Now it somehow came back to annoy me again? I am not likely to do Heroics again on low level planets. I don't have time nor inclination for that time sink again. I was more likely to help a lower level character when it was a ten minute faceroll. Because then it was done, and over with. Now it will drag on and on and on. Imagine... Balmorra... all.over.again. No thank you.
Um, I'm not sure what your point is. You're not losing levels, you don't have to level your character through story again, it's still whatever level it is now. Your comment really has no relevance to level-sync at all, assuming you're understanding the system correctly.

6) My characters are max level. I will proceed to get them to level 65 in the new shiny content. If I need a money grind, I will run the new weekly. Old content is simply. Old. Nothing new to offer me. No money incentive that I can't find elsewhere. No experience incentive. Woohoo? I can grind more faction for my Alliance?
... Um, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. I feel like this comment belongs in the rant thread about operations changes.

So the problems with level sync are, solutions in red. Level sync is going to happen so I'll try to be gentle...

1) I can't do dailies as quickly now

You can still do them quickly, it's just you can't faceroll through them anymore. This is good for not only "slowing" down the amount of credits generated from the game but also enticing players to group. It is an MMO after all.

2) I shouldn't have to fight lower mobs, I should be able to one shot them

No, no you shouldn't. Reasons being they are introducing a new way to revisit the planets, time sink because you can't just avoid everything, lastly you can now get XP and actually contribute to the planet. You should NOT be able to solo world bosses or many other champions in this game, it was silly. Hopefully, they scale everything appropriately (conquest bosses, pvp defenders, dreadseeded fauna, etc.)

Too tired to keep going but TL;DR:

This will negatively affect a few players. Those crapping their pants on the forums do not count as the majority will not really care. They will probably think "Ah I can't one shot stuff anymore, I guess I'll use more buttons." compared to "I'm unsubbing, game too hard now"

Come on people...:rak_02:

Well, this is certainly an interesting development. Of all the stuff they mentioned in that announcement, there's really only two items I have any opinion on: level cap and companion changes.
Level cap is not the same thing as level sync. Level cap is what they're raising to 65. Level sync is the system which aligns your stats with the planet's level.

You're basically removing the incentive to progress to higher level
This is completely and utterly wrong. The incentive to progress to higher levels is to do higher level content, not to steamroll earlier stuff 'cause you sucked at it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
That logic's not going to get you anywhere. This is a new feature designed to improve the player experience. This feature is not broken, so why are you trying to fix it?

Lets put this in baseball terms when I was on Kaas I was in little league it was tough I got struck out alot at first but I got better. Now we are on Yavin I"m in the major leagues now I've proven myself. Now I go back to the park I played in as a kid should that 9 year old kid be able to strike me out after I've faced major league pitchers, I think not.

This will negatively affect a few players. Those crapping their pants on the forums do not count as the majority will not really care. They will probably think "Ah I can't one shot stuff anymore, I guess I'll use more buttons." compared to "I'm unsubbing, game too hard now"

Come on people...:rak_02:

This. People are flipping out for no reason. It's really not going to be as big of a deal as people think.

If Bioware released a statement saying they were deleting 20% of everyone's credits, and lowering the cost and price of every single thing in the game by 20%, lowering the credit rewards of missions and enemies by 20%, etc. (reducing everything related to credits by 20%) people would flip out and yet absolutely NOTHING would have actually changed. Same thing happened with the currency name changes, people flipped out for literally no reason whatsoever. People just don't think hard enough about what's actually being done.