To Ebon Hawk?

MaynardKaemon

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

So I am contemplating a server transfer from The Harbinger to The Ebon Hawk. So before I make my decision, can anyone inform me a little about it's current economy? (For example how much does the Dark Legionnaire Breastplate cost there? It's about 4m in Harbinger though I haven't been able to actually sell mine despite pricing it lower. Just asking for something that I can compare my current server with.) How are the guilds over there? I read in Reddit that guilds there don't last very long. Is this true? And how about the chat? Are the people generally rude or nice?

It doesn't have to be hard facts, I just need people's opinions.

Pardon the long post. Much thanks to anyone who will help.

Generally speaking, the economy here is very strong to the point of actually being somewhat inflated. There is a somewhat smaller population (relatively speaking) of top-tier raiders and a much higher population (relatively) of flashpointers/RPers/casual-PvPers. No aspersions against that demographic at all, but the consequence of this is you have relatively more people doing dailies at a higher rate and spending their time on very economically-efficient activities (like RP, PvP and flashpoints). The result is that credits are introduced into the economy at a higher rate and taken out of the economy (via repair bills) at a much lower rate.

So almost everything is more expensive here, simply because the player base as an average is richer because there is simply more money floating around. This means that, if you're a crafter, you can make hilarious amounts of money in short order on TEH. If you're not a crafter… uh, you might run into some trouble. You can make really good money off of Cartel Market resales, since people are always around to buy high-priced items (30-50 million credit sales really aren't that uncommon here). However, Cartel Market items are price fixed by Bioware (due to the various unlocks which can be had for either coins or credits), and so the prices aren't that different from other servers at release (it's just that old items climb to higher prices). If you're not a crafter or a cartel market reseller, you're going to find the economy here to be much more unfavorable, because you'll have to do more dailies on average than on other servers in order to maintain the same "quality of life" as you might be used to on other servers.

Basically, TEH is like the Manhattan of servers. Everything is very expensive, but people also make a lot of money, so it sort of evens out when you live there. If you're coming in from the outside, there's a bit of sticker shock for a while.

Aside from the economy… Guilds here come in both "unstable" and "amazingly stable" flavors. Republic Honor Guard has been here since launch, and remains strong today. They aren't the only remaining launch guild either. There are plenty of guilds spanning PvE, PvP and RP that have been around for years. Aisthesis was formed in July (maybe June?) of 2012, and we're still sitting at the guild cap with nearly a dozen progression raid groups. On the flip side though, there have been some very short-lived guilds. Some guilds have sprung up, cleared a few bosses or dominated ranked PvP for a while, then evaporated. Proper Villains is a good example here, in that they were dominant in PvE and very strong in PvP (together with Underworld Alliance) for the NiM DF/DP era after being significantly behind the curve previously (and non-existent prior to NiM TfB), and now they're gone.

Based on what I know of other servers, I would actually say that guilds are on average much more stable on TEH than elsewhere, but we certainly have our share of "flash in the pan". TEH is certainly not worse than other servers in this area.

People on this server are generally awesome. I mean, we have our share of trolls that have been better or worse at various stages in the game. As a whole though, you can ask anyone who has multi-servered: the players here are simply nicer than on basically any other server. As a general rule, the "skill level" of players here is probably somewhat lower than on other servers, at least as a rough average. We have some amazing players here, but the general average that you're going to hit (e.g. in a PuG group or a warzone) just isn't that high. You're not going to clear 8/10 HM with a PuG group, much less 9/10 or 10/10. However, you'll find that the group members are significantly more pleasant while you wipe! Ebon Hawk, where the people are nice and the pugs are derpy.

It's a good server, in general.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

They tell me I should advertise our guild more so this seems like a good spot to do it, Nemesis has been around since virtually launch (Feb 2012), has been on this server since the first server merges, and has been a presence in progression most of that time (currently 8/10, and was actually server first HM Torque until we lost 3 of our main raiders to school/real life etc).

They tell me I should advertise our guild more so this seems like a good spot to do it, Nemesis has been around since virtually launch (Feb 2012), has been on this server since the first server merges, and has been a presence in progression most of that time (currently 8/10, and was actually server first HM Torque until we lost 3 of our main raiders to school/real life etc).

I wondered what happened to nemesis

Are there any good ops channels on TEH? A couple of months ago created new toons on Shadowlands (where for my surprise there isn't one, one that people actually use currently at least) so apart from the raids on the guild I got into there, there's little to no chance of any worthy HM raiding. Being originally from a EU server (where my mains still reside) it's hard to find anything of interest, so my curiosity about any good ops channel that is worth to follow.

Are there any good ops channels on TEH? A couple of months ago created new toons on Shadowlands (where for my surprise there isn't one, one that people actually use currently at least) so apart from the raids on the guild I got into there, there's little to no chance of any worthy HM raiding. Being originally from a EU server (where my mains still reside) it's hard to find anything of interest, so my curiosity about any good ops channel that is worth to follow.

The main channel for PvE content is "Allies" for both sides. There's also a GSF channel (same name) that is very active as well.

Nemesis has been one of the more stable guilds, to be sure. I actually wasn't sure what the current status was, since I hadn't seen many around and everyone seems to be raiding with Shadow Council these days, so I didn't list it in my first post. I thought of it before I thought of RHG or even Aisthesis for that listing though.

Since this thread is in regards to transferring to EH, I figure I should just ask my question here rather than start a new thread.

What are the average queue times for war zones at level 60? Around the afternoon/evening would be the time slot that I would like to inquire about.

Thank you :p

Not to mention that near constant announcement of "Please, tanks queue ranked."

Then shortly followed by:

"Please, tanks that know what guard is please queue group ranked."

Yeah, this is a great server man. Not the most populated but coming from the ****** Pot5 I was so happy. Everyone (virtually) is very nice, the community is great at using custom channels to get things done. PvP queue pops are constant between 3-11pm eastern, ranked is a different story, but there's a decent amount of solo ranked in the evenings.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

So I am contemplating a server transfer from The Harbinger to The Ebon Hawk. So before I make my decision, can anyone inform me a little about it's current economy? (For example how much does the Dark Legionnaire Breastplate cost there? It's about 4m in Harbinger though I haven't been able to actually sell mine despite pricing it lower. Just asking for something that I can compare my current server with.) How are the guilds over there? I read in Reddit that guilds there don't last very long. Is this true? And how about the chat? Are the people generally rude or nice?

It doesn't have to be hard facts, I just need people's opinions.

Pardon the long post. Much thanks to anyone who will help.

Our guild has been around since launch but we are also a very small guild. Our focus is on roleplay. Though I think we have some of the best people.

Yeah, this is a great server man. Not the most populated but coming from the ****** Pot5 I was so happy. Everyone (virtually) is very nice, the community is great at using custom channels to get things done. PvP queue pops are constant between 3-11pm eastern, ranked is a different story, but there's a decent amount of solo ranked in the evenings.

I came from po5 too, much better than that server. There was even wpvp on yavin, so despite it not being a pvp server there's still some action.