View Single Post

bright_ephemera
08.16.2015 , 08:17 AM | #63
A double, as I will be out and about for the next couple of days...1/2

Part 3-33. In which the party is selected

This series has pervasive spoilers for the Shadow of Revan introduction, Forged Alliances. It also regularly uses the chapter 3 titles for the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor, along with the background of their companions.

Best hurry or you’ll be too late:
The villain machine’s working great.
It merits a mention:
An Infinite Engine
Spawns problems at scary high rate.

Lana had arranged a rendezvous an hour away from Rakata Prime, the better to coordinate operations.

“Yes,” said Nalenne. “of course you had to be here.”

“Theron’s report was alarming,” said Rho as he ducked into their joint vehicle. It was, thankfully, larger than the last one.

“You didn’t think we were going to let you adopt the Infinite Army all by yourselves, did you?” said Kira.

“Who said I was going to do that?” said Niselle.

“She was going to do that,” said Nalenne.

“It’s nice to see you,” said Jaesa.

“Hey, likewise,” said Kira. “Save any Light Side Sith recently?”

“Yes, did you?” purred Niselle, eyeing Jaesa.

Jaesa flushed. “I can’t really talk about it.”

“Atta girl,” said Kira, beaming.

“All right,” said Theron. “Lana and I will stay with the ship. You’ll fight your way up to the temple. Arkous and Darok might be there.”

“Might?” said Nalenne.

“They move around a lot. Better hurry up.”

In the end they split: Rho, Kira, Nalenne, Vette, Jaesa, Niselle, Khem Val, and (at his own insistence) Talos took the forward assault vehicle while the others, Lana nominally in charge with Quinn breathing down her neck, took a vessel that would land at the beach and await further opportunity.

-- two hours later --

“Nice beaches,” said Nalenne.

“Are you even paying attention?” shrieked Niselle.

Nalenne chopped off another implant-ridden limb from the local warriors. “Sure I am. Look at this place! Beach home paradise!”

“Apart from the forest of self-replicating Rakatan nuisances,” huffed Niselle.

“Not for too long.”

Vette squeaked. “Is that a rancor over there? Or just a small building?”

“A small…walking…building,” Talos said slowly. “With no visible architectural flourishes. I think rancor might be right. Either that or I’ll have to heavily revise my notes on Rakatan architecture.”

“Nis,” said Nalenne, “he is adorable.”

Niselle preened. “Oh, I know. Come, let’s wreck the locals.”
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST