View Single Post

bright_ephemera
08.10.2015 , 02:56 PM | #53
Doubling up today. Post 2/2.

Part 3-27. In which Sith correspondence continues

This series has pervasive spoilers for the Shadow of Revan introduction, Forged Alliances. It also regularly uses the chapter 3 titles for the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor, along with the background of their companions.

This story contains spoilers for the Sith Warrior Act 3.

Behind the directions of men
A will flickers up now and then.
Look close and you’ll see,
Inevitably,
The blonde with the bombshell – again.

“It’s encrypted again,” Nalenne said glumly. “Why does she always have to do that?”

“For a modicum of security?” Quinn suggested. “If you’ll allow me.”

“Look, if the holo is good enough for the Emperor’s Super Secret Cult-a-riffic Hand, it should be good enough for a piddling little borderline-treason-peddling– oh. That’s long.”

“Yes, my lord,” Quinn said impassively. She hated impassive. It meant she was probably in trouble.

Pierce leaned in over Nalenne’s shoulder. “So Arkous finally cut Lana loose, eh? I wondered how long he was going to keep paying her after she made it clear that we’re not on board the Revanite train.”

“I see,” said Quinn. “According to Arkous’s message, the connection he perceived between Lana and you and your sister persuaded him not to invite her into the fold.”

“Can I just state for the record how not-my-fault this entire situation is?” said Nalenne. “Because it’s not. It’s probably Niselle’s.”

“’Arkous will see it was his undoing,” read Quinn. “His, and the Revanites’.’”

“How bored does she have to be to write these things?” mused Nalenne.

“Keeping an entire life-or-death agenda with all the associated political loyalties secret can be a stressful task,” Quinn said primly.

Pierce snorted. Loudly.

“I bet you weren’t sending encoded messages to random adventurers you’d met on the way,” said Nalenne, frowning.

“Well, no, my lord,” said Quinn. “Because I’m not an idiot.”

Pierce snorted. Loudly.

“Do you have something to say?” grated Quinn.

“Wouldn’t know where to start,” Pierce said cheerfully. “Stay tuned for coded messages, though, I’ll bet I’ll come up with something.”
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST