View Single Post

bright_ephemera
08.10.2015 , 02:55 PM | #52
Doubling up today. Post 1/2.

Part 3-26. In which sisters engage in girl talk

This series has pervasive spoilers for the Shadow of Revan introduction, Forged Alliances. It also regularly uses the chapter 3 titles for the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor, along with the background of their companions.

This story contains details of a plot point at the end of the Sith Inquisitor’s Act 1.

One may stare full-on at the nether
When feeling, well, under the weather.
But hope springs eternal
With tricks, youth stays vernal:
Time’s arrow may miss altogether.

“I can’t believe Ashara actually spilled her montral polish in your ship’s ventilation systems.”

“She brings destruction everywhere she goes, I’ll give her that,” sniffed Niselle. “I can’t believe you haven’t left town yet.”

“It’s the sushi,” explained Nalenne. “Jaesa was negotiating for a pallet last time I checked.”

“And no law enforcement in sight,” murmured Niselle.

“If they take me you’re going down with me,” said Nalenne.

There was a moment’s silence. Niselle thumbed a quick message into her holo, then stowed it.

“It’s so rare we get these sisterly moments,” said Nalenne.

“I know. I appreciate that keenly.”

“Oh! Look at the time. I should really, uh.”

“Oh, do tell. – No, but really, don’t.”

“Oh, it’s nothing. Personal question, pure curiosity. You’ve obviously worked hard for your complexion.”

Niselle preened, running a fingertip down her bleached bone ridges and over her veiny cheek.

Nalenne palmed something in her pocket. “So. In light of that. Ever dug up any anti-ageing tips to help you with…you know.”

“Sure. I learned a Force ritual that will allow me to transfer my life energy to a younger host. Just consume an apprentice every couple of decades…problem solved.”

“Oh,” said Nalenne, hiding her jar of recommended skin cream behind her back. “Right, yes, I was going to do that too. Who wouldn’t?”

“Jaesa’s a prime candidate. That is, if the hanging threat of thirty is already too much for you.”

“Possessing Jaesa’s body would make things a little too weird.”

“Well, have you asked Quinn about it?” Niselle waggled her brow ridges.

“No! Have you asked Andronikos?”

“I don’t have to. That’s the glory of not caring what anyone else thinks.”

“I’m amazed sometimes that he hasn’t left you.”

“He has. Repeatedly. For you, once, or had you forgotten?’

“No, actually. That was pretty memorable.”

“Hm.” She wounded pleased. “But there’s really no one better for him and he knows it. And he’s tolerable enough to let back.”

Nalenne’s urge to hug Quinn was rising. “I’m going to go check the popcorn,” she said. “If I don’t intercept it Broonmark will, and you haven’t done sweeping until you’ve swept up after a Talz full of popcorn.”
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST