About Ahsoka Tano...

Sangrar

*SPOILERS DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS ABOUT AHSOKA TANO*

*Also do not read on if you do not want Star Wars Rebels spoilers*

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

So, as of last night, on March 2nd 2015, exactly 2 years after Ahsoka Tano was last seen leaving the Jedi Order in the Clone Wars season 5 finale on March 2nd 2013, Ahsoka has RETURNED.

She has just appeared in the Season 1 finale of Star Wars Rebels ( good show, first few episodes were sketchy but midway through they got it down nicely, especially with a strong finish for the season)

Not only that, she is one of the Rebel leaders. Up until this point, Rebel cells operated without knowledge of one another, with people like Bail Organa and Ahsoka (under the codename Fulcrum) providing resources, each cell unaware that they were linked together. In hindsight, she has helped found the Rebel Alliance before anyone ever knew about it.

Though thanks to the Kanan, Ezra and the other Lothal Rebels, they had to unite people from cells for the first time to rescue them from an Imperial Fleet over Mustafar.

So yeah, she is all grown up now. Here is the scene, let me know what you think.

*SPOILERS DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS ABOUT AHSOKA TANO*

*Also do not read on if you do not want Star Wars Rebels spoilers*

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

So, as of last night, on March 2nd 2015, exactly 2 years after Ahsoka Tano was last seen leaving the Jedi Order in the Clone Wars season 5 finale on March 2nd 2013, Ahsoka has RETURNED.

She has just appeared in the Season 1 finale of Star Wars Rebels ( good show, first few episodes were sketchy but midway through they got it down nicely, especially with a strong finish for the season)

Not only that, she is one of the Rebel leaders. Up until this point, Rebel cells operated without knowledge of one another, with people like Bail Organa and Ahsoka (under the codename Fulcrum) providing resources, each cell unaware that they were linked together. In hindsight, she has helped found the Rebel Alliance before anyone ever knew about it.

Though thanks to the Kanan, Ezra and the other Lothal Rebels, they had to unite people from cells for the first time to rescue them from an Imperial Fleet over Mustafar.

So yeah, she is all grown up now. Here is the scene, let me know what you think.

I actually like Rebels better then the clone wars for some reason. I also liked that Kanin and his group has caused the empire so much trouble they have had to send in the big guns to try and deal with them. :D

I put her inclusion squarely into the "wait and see" category.

The reveal itself was a really nice moment, especially for Clone Wars fans (and from a storytelling perspective it was smart to position it between the reveal of the larger rebellion and the reveal of Vader, that way it doesn't have to stand on its own as a 'major twist' that would just fall flat for viewers who have never seen Clone Wars), so I'll give them credit for the execution of it and for her new character design.

But now we have to see how well they can actually use her as a character, and what her arc (if any) will be throughout the rest of the series.

There's a lot of potential here to add some great new layers to Rebels, (I doubt she'll start out knowing Vader is Anakin, and if she finds out that could be a great moment or even arc for her,) but conversely there's a chance this will spoil a character who managed to go from being an annoying sidekick to a fleshed out and interesting character. Especially because she went out on such a high note.

That last episode was definitely the best out of the whole season from a storytelling standpoint and can hold up to the TCW series. :)

There were quite a few surprises, including the appearance of Ahsoka Tano, Bail Organa and Darth Vader. While I wasn't too big of a fan of the series so far, this last episode saved it for me and I look forward to the next season.

I was wondering what would happen to Ahsoka Tano's character after they cancelled TCW. I suppose they purposely had Ahsoka leave the Order at the end of TCW so that she'd escape Order 66 and could join the Rebels with her Jedi abilities.

Considering how much her voice actor Ashley Eckstein has put into Star Wars, like the Her Universe fashion line, I was sure that her involvement with Lucasfilm would not be over yet, so it makes sense to also include her character in Rebels.

I still can't get over the fact that Ahsoka looks so different now. I know she's all grown up but those who watched TCW just won't recognize her now. But I guess we will get used to it over time.

Edited by Jerba

This is horrible. Absolutely terrible news. I loved the ending they had for her in TCW and wished they would have kept her future unwritten.

Rebels is the worst SW-related thing in my opinion. Yes, I'd rather watch the christmas special on a loop. ;) It completely destroyed the rest of interest I had in the era of the movies. I enjoyed TCW and I also started to like Ahsoka quite much during the seasons.

Rebels was a nightmare for me. I don't remember after which episode I had to stop. I couldn't bear it anymore. If this is Star Wars nowadays, then I am definitely out.

On the bright side, it doesn't really matter than for me anyway whether Ahsoka is back or not. ;)

I hope Swtor keeps on going for a long time. It is the only Star Wars I am still interested in.

P. S. Thanks @OP for the post and the video link. It would have probably taken me months to years (and some random luck) to find out about it.

Edited by JattaGin

If this is Star Wars nowadays, then I am definitely out.

See this is kind of an issue in the fandom (and I'm quoting it more as a useful illustration of the trend than to accuse you personally) - Star Wars is a big tent franchise, it always has been. The brand has always put out some products that are targeted towards kids, and some products that are targeted towards adults; some products that just pure silly fun, and some products that are grim and serious; and all things in between.

Rebels is not aimed at the same core audience as the Tarkin novel any more than Angry Birds: Star Wars is aimed at the same core audience as SWTOR. If there ends up being some cross-over appeal and a peripheral demographic, great, but each one's still going to be targeting a certain niche.

But there are a lot of fans who seem to think that because not every story is targeted at them personally, the franchise as a whole has been ruined.

Edited by DarthDymond

Rebels was a nightmare for me. I don't remember after which episode I had to stop. I couldn't bear it anymore. If this is Star Wars nowadays, then I am definitely out.

I felt the same until I watched the last episode (Fire Across the Galaxy). I'd definitely recommend you to give the series another shot, this last episode was greatly done and not as goofy as the previous episodes. If the second season keeps this up, I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

last episode really brought me into the whole story, and made me want to see the 2nd season.

A decent book, and a good first season gave it plenty of time to learn about all the characters in the series, and maybe that connection that wants you to find out even more in season 2 and beyond.

My 2c about Ashoka.

Glad to see her. I still say there is alot of open-endedness about who Fulcrum is though.

Hera "guessed" it was Fulcrum as she came down the ladder, so she wasn't 100% sure it was.

The guards were there to guard a rebel cell leader, not necessarily Fulcrum.

Ashoka never confirmed it either. [Only confirmation we have currently is the same voice actor, which we know voice actors only voice act one character at a time...]

Now, knowing what the masses want, I'm willing to bet they are ended the Fulcrum adventure with that. However, there is so much more potential to bring in someone much more behind the scenes behind the whole thing.

That's just my 2c on the Fulcrum adventure :)

Can't wait til Season 2! :D

My 2c about Ashoka.

Glad to see her. I still say there is alot of open-endedness about who Fulcrum is though.

Hera "guessed" it was Fulcrum as she came down the ladder, so she wasn't 100% sure it was.

The guards were there to guard a rebel cell leader, not necessarily Fulcrum.

Ashoka never confirmed it either. [Only confirmation we have currently is the same voice actor, which we know voice actors only voice act one character at a time...]

Now, knowing what the masses want, I'm willing to bet they are ended the Fulcrum adventure with that. However, there is so much more potential to bring in someone much more behind the scenes behind the whole thing.

That's just my 2c on the Fulcrum adventure :)

Can't wait til Season 2! :D

That kind of fanfiction is what started the palpaclone debate.

Season 2 gonna be interesting. Considering that Filoni has said that it'll be closer in tone to the "Empire Strikes Back" compared to Season 1's "A New Hope" and considering that in ESB...

• The Rebels got their asses kicked on Hoth.
  • Han got frozen in Carbonite and Leia and Co failed to rescue him.
  • Luke lost his hand, and got BSOD from Vader telling him "I Am Your Father"

Things are going to get alot harder and darker for the Ghost + her crew.

Also, can't wait for the inevitable Vader vs Ahsoka fight, even though we all know how it would end.

Edited by LorCaske

See this is kind of an issue in the fandom (and I'm quoting it more as a useful illustration of the trend than to accuse you personally) - Star Wars is a big tent franchise, it always has been. The brand has always put out some products that are targeted towards kids, and some products that are targeted towards adults; some products that just pure silly fun, and some products that are grim and serious; and all things in between.

Rebels is not aimed at the same core audience as the Tarkin novel any more than Angry Birds: Star Wars is aimed at the same core audience as SWTOR. If there ends up being some cross-over appeal and a peripheral demographic, great, but each one's still going to be targeting a certain niche.

But there are a lot of fans who seem to think that because not every story is targeted at them personally, the franchise as a whole has been ruined.

For reals. I purposefully did NOT watch Clone Wars when it was on so I *didn't* have that sort of reaction to it. I waited for a few years after it was done, and then watched it - and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, and how much I actually preferred it to the prequels. I think Rebels is a logical extension of that variety of storytelling. It still has the SW story at it's core, but isn't 100% married to it being EXACTLY LIKE the original movies or the more revered books that have been written. I think that as a vehicle for engaging kids, it's great - because it's not totally dumbed down. Sure, it's a cartoon, and has that campy vibe - but so do the original flicks in a lot of places. It's nice to see it in a different format.

Regarding the point of the OP's post though...I just wonder if revealing her in Rebels may mean we wind up seeing her later along down the line in the new flicks. If I'm not mistaken, Rebels isn't set that long before ANH...she appears to be in her later 20's/30's in the Rebels episode...what's to say she doesn't wind up as some outcast, Kenobi-esque, hermit force user in the new series of movies. I highly doubt it'll happen, but it totally could.

OK for anyone that says they don't like Rebels because it's geared more for kids then adults remember this. If they don't get the younger generation interested in Star Wars when we all kick the bucket star wars will be forgotten and die out.

OK for anyone that says they don't like Rebels because it's geared more for kids then adults remember this. If they don't get the younger generation interested in Star Wars when we all kick the bucket star wars will be forgotten and die out.

Pretty much THIS ^^^ my oldest kids (age 12 & 13) thought star wars was "those weird movies dad tries to make us watch, and those books he reads all the time. Then I took them to see "The Clone Wars" animated movie in theatres.....thanks to Asoka they were hooked. They wanted to know all about it, and we finally sat down and had our first SW movie marathon the next day. For some reason they actually like jar jar. :confused:

Fast forward to "Rebels".... My 3yr olds LOVE Chopper. Even commercials featuring chopper will stop them in their tracks.lol They know all of the crew of the ghost by name. Rebels is one of the few shows they'll sit and watch without moving lol. The oldest two ACTUALLY put their phones down when rebels is on. It's the one show everyone in the house will sit and watch.

Is rebels kiddy? Not really....it's Kinda silly at times, but there have been several episodes that were dark. For instance...The episode where

Ezra touched the dark side....

actually scared my 3yr olds. They slept with me the first time they saw that episode. But the bottom line is characters who I found annoying at first (Did she REALLY just call Anakin "sky guy"?) were the characters that finally got my kids interested in and loving SW like I do.

TL:DR.... Give rebels a chance...it's a lot better than it seems at first.

I don't understand why people feel they have to hate a show just because it isn't "edgy" like Game of Thrones.

GoT is geared towards adults not children where as Rebels is the reverse. I personally liked rebels better then Clone Wars.

I was so hoping Grievous would finally do something notable and kill her in their last duel scene. Then when she left the show a few episode later anyway I was even more disappointed. But I guess if they were gonna bring her back, it could be redeemed.

What I want to know is whether Vader will want to kill her like all the other Jedi. Granted Vader's whole "I'm gonna kill all Jedi just because Sidious says so" thing is stupid and makes no sense to begin with (Episode III SO BAD). But his whole "from my point of view the Jedi are evil" BS can't really apply to her, since he was the one who trained her. Plus she quit the Jedi order. I guess we'll see.

I think its also important to remember, which it seems many fans don't, that Star Wars was always meant to be more kid focused. Don't believe me, look at the years the original movies came out, and compare it to the average age of the fans. I'm going to be 40 this year, that means I was 2 when Episode IV: A New Hope was released.