View Single Post

Tavek-Rauken
12.27.2011 , 09:15 AM | #4
Chapter 3

A female twi'lek clad in the robes of the Jedi order, stood still as she stared outside of her heavy Republic starcruiser's main window. Her arms were crossed over her bust, with a slight lean on the right side of her body. Her lekku (head-tails) hung downwards, and flowed with the gentle movements that she gave off. A lightsaber staff dangled from the belt of her lightsaber.

Around her, the crewmen of the bridge began to type at the controls of their stations. The vessel itself remained in place, but its various stations: Engines, turrets, communications array, all needed updates several minutes from their assigned personnel.

From behind her, a male human, much younger than her , approached. He was clad in the robes of the Jedi as well, but with rather thick armor underneath. The male stopped behind her, and bowed his head. The twi'lek turned around in response.

The male spoke first, with his neutral tone.
"Master Shock."
She bowed at his greeting. Her own voice was soothing, comforting, but behind it was also a fiery determination of a leader.
"Padawan Arrow. How are you adjusting to the vessel."
"My room is fine, Master. But space is cold."
"You shall get used to it in due time. As do we all. Worry not on that."
"Of course, Master."

The twi'lek, Terra Shock, turned back to the frontal window. Several Heavy Republic Cruisers came into sight. The large vessels brought with them some intimidating as they began to settle in their casual formation. But the Padawan, Arrow, did not leave. Terra turned back to him, and shrugged her shoulders.

Her eyes scanned him, before she spoke.
"Something else, Padawan Arrow?"
"Yes."
The Padawan approached his Master, and stopped next to her. He was only half a foot taller.
"I'm concerned."
"About?"
"This newcomer... Sen, and his information, Sevvur."
"Yes, what of them, Padawan?"
"I don't trust them, especially Sen. Must he stay on the ship? Can he not simply assist us from afar, like his shadowy assistant?"
Terra shook her head.
"I'm afraid not, Padawan. We need their information, and the Council would prefer we keep our eyes on him. At least one of them, anyways."
The Padawan circled in place.
"But, Master! He is broken -- Sen. I sense a deep hollow spot inside of him in the Force. It is as if... He's not there. Something like an echo. A chasm that stretches into eternity! Surely, you can feel that as well!"
"Padawan Arrow!"
Terra swept her arm, and turned directly to her Padawan. The male took a few steps back, and lowered his head in embarrassment, and out of knowledge that he spoke out of term.

Terra turned back to see the outside window. The vessels continued to converge into a casual, relaxed formation. She huffed several times before turning to her apprentice. The human looked up at her, but kept his head low.

The twi'lek frowned.
"I'm sorry, Arrow. But we shouldn't speak of this. At all. If this becomes an issue that we must deal with, then we shall. But for now, simply put it out of your mind."
"Yes, Master."
Arrow bowed his head.

From behind the duo, and off to the side, one of the doors opened. The two Jedi turned to the entrance, and saw the man they were speaking of, step out. He wore nothing more than civilian clothing. A brown vest, with thick slacks. His hair spiraled around his head, as though he was struck by a whirling hurricane, and his hair never changed. His most distinguishing feature: His hand, above the wrist, was mechanical.

This man, Sen, as he was called by the Jedi, approached the duo, and bowed his head very briefly. With his mechanical arm, he scratched at his cheek.

Sen cleared his throat, and let his aged voice fill the air.
"Master Shock. Padawan Arrow."
The twi'lek bowed, and the Jedi nodded his head. Both spoke in sync.
"Sen."
The man smiled at the duplicate production of his voice.
"I trust everything is going well up here?"
"Everything is fine," The twi'lek nodded slowly. "We're preparing for a defense."
"A defense?" Sen's lips twitched. "What kind of defense?"
"We've received several transmissions calling for emergency defenses, across several dozen planets. Some reports confirm the Sith Empire, others speak of pirates, and slavers. We can't be sure, but we're heading to assist the nearest planet."
"I see."
Sen cleared his throat.

The mechanical-armed human paced around the slightly raised platform in which Padawan, and Master stood. The two Force Users watched their guest with caution, eying all his movements. He made no motion to betray them thus far why would they be suspicious? They had no reason, but they still were.

Sen stopped on the opposite side of where he entered, and stared at the duo.
"And, when can we resume normal operations?"
The twi'lek shrugged.
"We will resume when the situation has died down, Sen. We cannot simply jump at the first opportunity to attack the Empire's secrets. We must defend our homes, first."
"Ah, I see."
Sen threw his arm up in the air poshly.
"Very well, then. I will be in my quarters. Alert me if the situation requires my movement."
"Of course, Sen."
Terra bowed her head. Sen nodded in return.

Arrow watched as Sen exited the room. Right as he left through the doors, Arrow quickly leaped out of the elevated platform. The doors that were closing suddenly stopped, and opened for the Padawan seconds before their sudden stop smacked him on the nose.

Sen was half-way down the vessel's side-long hallway, when Arrow caught sight of him. The Padawan rushed to him, and shouted.

"Sen! Mr. Sen!"
"Hrm?"
The man stopped in place, throwing one arm around his back, and raising the other in a posh manner. He turned on heel to face the boy.
"Did your Master change her mind?"
"No, she didn't. May I ask you a question?"
"May you expect an answer?"
Arrow lifted a smile, but it died as quickly as it came.
"Why does Sevvur your information Hide in the dark? Why doesn't he show his face to us? You know... Like a man."
The Padawan was out of place, but he desperately wanted an answer.
Sen's initial response was a sour grin. But he lightened quickly.
"Sevvur is a wanted man, Padawan. Many people want him dead for the things he does."
"What does he do, Mr. Sen?"
"He's an informat. But he goes to extreme lengths to find some information, than others. He has to make sure the information is valuable, accurate, or useful. As such, he's earned a reputation amongst darker circles. He has to stay in the shadows."
"You don't seem to be afraid of working for him."
Sen chuckled briefly.
"I'm not as known. People see me as a grunt, a man with little information. Sevvur simply contacts me when information is to be given. And so I give it."
"So why is Sevvur working with the Republic The Jedi? My Master never told me that they bought any information from Sevvur."

Sen remained silent for some duration. After some silence, he cleared his throat, and dropped his poshly-raised hand.
"Let's simply put: Sevvur has made some deeper enemies in the Empire. He would enjoy to see them crippled as quickly as possible."
"The Jedi use their abilities for defense, never for attack."
"That is true," Sen raised a finger as if striking an idea. "But they also know that unless they have the advantage against the Sith, they will not win this war."
"Attacking these factories is an act of war in itself!"
"Watch your tone, Padawan. You're sounding like a Sith."

Arrow clenched a fist, and growled angrily at Sen. The civilian took a step back, and offered a victorious smile. After a moment of realization to his action, Arrow backed down. He inhaled deeply, and dropped his head. The energy around him began to calm.

"While you are correct," Sen spoke after the silence. "That this is an act of war, nowhere in the Treaty of Coruscant does it say anything about these secret factories."
"So," Arrow finally looked up rather joyously. "It's a loophole?"
Sen smiled rather devilishly.
"Yes, Padawan. A loophole. Anyways, I can feel the engines humming stronger, you may want to go to your Master."
"Oh, uh, right. Good-day, Sen."
"Good-day, Padawan Arrow."

The Padawan bowed, and then turned and headed off. Sen folded his arms behind his back, turned back around, and continued on his way.
I do writing on Jukepop. A novel I am slowly releasing through serials.

Please vote, comment, share! Anything helps!

https://www.jukepop.com/home/read/7592?chapter=1