View Single Post

ZakMorgan
12.26.2011 , 11:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolvana View Post
I guess it's because you can be on the side of the Empire and still be someone good. I play an Imperial agent and yes, you do bad things for the Empire (you kill rebel slaves, etc) buuuut you can still think it's for a greater purpose: for order and security, while rebels are terrorists, etc.

You can be a very bad guy and full dark side sith, but you can also be a loyal Imperial agent who think he's doing his job for a good reason.

It depends on how you play, really. It's interesting to have a character working for a villain like a Sith but still struggling to make good actions. And a lot of Imperials don't like the cruel ways of the Sith, so all of them are not bad people.
I think thats whats more or less endeared me towards the Empire and more specifically the IA class. I always preventing the the death of innocents and refrained from executing people who didn't really deserve it. I mean in Balamorra for example (minor spoilers)
Spoiler
.its fantastic that game could give you such mixed emotions.

Whereas on the Republic side you were more or less expected to be a good, merciful guy and even when you went Dark side it just made you look like an irrational jerk instead of someone doing all thats necessary to achieve a utopian goal.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one