Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

Beniboybling

The KotOR CG states the following:

"Many wars scorched Onderon, the last would end with the help of Jedi yet again, and one last time the power Nomi had brought to bear and Arca Jeth before her, would turn the tide of battle to the forces of good."

"An Exile would turn the face of war against the Sith with the power of light and hope, a battle meditation that ended the civil wars on Iziz for good."

What that doesnt say is she can do it while moving (though this is BEFORE she learned moving meditation) nor was she under a mental Assault, which would disrupt any meditative state, moving or other wise, but there is of course the possibilty that Corran Doesnt attack her mind just like there is a possibility Revan doesnt attack Saba's allowing Saba to use Battle meld's to off set it a little.

Also i wanted to talk about handling the Space Station, as I showed before the WA has a slight ship advantage, that advantage would allow them to still handle the Space station.

The other possibility is to draw the enemy fleet away from the station and deal with them out side of the Immobile stations reach, if using the secret lanes they are able to pass near by or into the back side of Makeb to engage them the RR fleet would have to move away from the Station, with the aggressive nature of Revan, it would be a possibility for this. Also this is the chance that the WA ships could flank the RR ships, and again if they manage to flank half the RR ships have little to no Rear defenses....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the second quote comes under the Force Bonds category I think it certainly does mean she gained a Force Bond with Canderous.

Fair enough, though I still feel it like any bond she will form with a Non-force sensitive will likely take slightly more time AND be slightly weaker, she may not ahve enough time with Wedge to form it, and even if she does I doubt it will be all that strong.

Also I am unclear as to exactly what she would get out of it, as it seems each bond she forms has a different effect of some kind.

OK I guess i am confused as to what Moving Meditation is....
Moving meditation as the name suggests is a power that helps one apply meditation (and concentration) to tasks that involve movement - by which I assume "action" is meant. Such as repairing objects, blocking lightsaber attacks, blaster bolt deflection, acrobatic moves etc.

So I don't think it would apply to battle meditation, which is very much a passive ability.

However one could argue that moving meditation or some kind of trance state could be used to allow the mind to focus on other things while fighting, but I don't think moving meditation would be the right power.

What that doesnt say is she can do it while moving (though this is BEFORE she learned moving meditation) nor was she under a mental Assault, which would disrupt any meditative state, moving or other wise, but there is of course the possibilty that Corran Doesnt attack her mind just like there is a possibility Revan doesnt attack Saba's allowing Saba to use Battle meld's to off set it a little.

Also i wanted to talk about handling the Space Station, as I showed before the WA has a slight ship advantage, that advantage would allow them to still handle the Space station.

The other possibility is to draw the enemy fleet away from the station and deal with them out side of the Immobile stations reach, if using the secret lanes they are able to pass near by or into the back side of Makeb to engage them the RR fleet would have to move away from the Station, with the aggressive nature of Revan, it would be a possibility for this. Also this is the chance that the WA ships could flank the RR ships, and again if they manage to flank half the RR ships have little to no Rear defenses....

1.She was fighting the Vaklu and Sith forces the entire time.

2.She could learn Moving Meditation when working on T3-M4 at any point, I believe you are confusing this with Force Enlightenment.

3.Your advantage isn't nearly that big and is offset by Keylander Station.

4.Revan is not a fool he is defending his supply world here.

5.The space station is above the mesas you are fighting on, jumping in away from them would be a reaaaally bad idea.

The KotOR CG states the following:

"Many wars scorched Onderon, the last would end with the help of Jedi yet again, and one last time the power Nomi had brought to bear and Arca Jeth before her, would turn the tide of battle to the forces of good."

"An Exile would turn the face of war against the Sith with the power of light and hope, a battle meditation that ended the civil wars on Iziz for good."

Yeah but again nothing is said or shown of her using it on a planetary scale, I don't think its even listed among her abilities.

Moving meditation as the name suggests is a power that helps one apply meditation (and concentration) to tasks that involve movement - by which I assume "action" is meant. Such as repairing objects, blocking lightsaber attacks, blaster bolt deflection, acrobatic moves etc.

So I don't think it would apply to battle meditation, which is very much a passive ability.

However one could argue that moving meditation or some kind of trance state could be used to allow the mind to focus on other things while fighting, but I don't think moving meditation would be the right power.

Ok well either way Battle meditation as far as I am aware requires the person to be in a meditative state, a state one can not be while under mental assault regardless of if you can enter such a trance while moving or not. An attacked mind is not a Calm mind.

Yeah but again nothing is said or shown of her using it on a planetary scale, I don't think its even listed among her abilities.

Good job she isn't doing this from across a planet then, the entire City of Iziz is a very large place to influence.

Ok well either way Battle meditation as far as I am aware requires the person to be in a meditative state, a state one can not be while under mental assault regardless of if you can enter such a trance while moving or not. An attacked mind is not a Calm mind.
Forgive me but where is this mental assault coming from? I expect I missed that part, Saba or something I assume?

Does she possess such range?

But yeah as far as I can tell BM is not a moving power, its a static power that needs peace and concentration.

Nomi Sunrider could do so in numerous ways whilst on the move and even when fighting.

The Exile led Talia forces in combat to take Iziz Palace back, this is outright stated as canon it is also stated in canon that she effected the entire battle with her BM.

1.She was fighting the Vaklu and Sith forces the entire time.

2.She could learn Moving Meditation when working on T3-M4 at any point, I believe you are confusing this with Force Enlightenment.

3.Your advantage isn't nearly that big and is offset by Keylander Station.

4.Revan is not a fool he is defending his supply world here.

5.The space station is above the mesas you are fighting on, jumping in away from them would be a reaaaally bad idea.

1. She was figthing them, NOT dealing with people who had anything close to resembling good mental assault capabilties.

2. Yes i know, I thought the incident of which you speak happened during the mandalorian wars, am I thinking of another incident?

3. I dont thnk the station adds as much as is being thought here.... i dont think the Station beats 1 Majestic-class Heavy cruiser

4. This is correct he isnt a fool, but his favored tactic was to make an aggressive push to force a mistake on the enemy. "A Man must be who he is"

5. Why is it a mistake exactly?

Nomi Sunrider could do so in numerous ways whilst on the move and even when fighting.

The Exile led Talia forces in combat to take Iziz Palace back, this is outright stated as canon it is also stated in canon that she effected the entire battle with her BM.

Yeah but in-game cutscenes show her entering a trance, so I'm not sure we possess any proof that she can use it in-situ. Certainly not on such a massive scale.

You are not understanding a word.... You can be in a meditative state and moving, thats what I figured moving meditatin did. You can physically move and fight and be in a Meditative state, a mind complete clear. However no one can have a clear mind when under a mental assault, I dont know how to say this in a plainer language.

The things you are talking about have exactly 0 to do with what I am saying....

The Hutt Cartel controls it and Selenial's supplier is the Hutt Cartel, therefore the RR controls it.

#28 The role of an organisation is to provide anything else such as intelligence, criminal influence, black market assets, technology etc. they are also able to provide armour and armaments but not in large quantities, nor can they be a manufacturer.

????

You are not understanding a word.... You can be in a meditative state and moving, thats what I figured moving meditatin did. You can physically move and fight and be in a Meditative state, a mind complete clear. However no one can have a clear mind when under a mental assault, I dont know how to say this in a plainer language.

The things you are talking about have exactly 0 to do with what I am saying....

You were both outright stating that she has to be sat in a trance to do this, she doesn't, so my point certainly does have relevance.

If she can easily ward off the mental strains of even more powerful Force users and fight them simultaneously then I don't see how Horn has this much effect at all.

Forgive me but where is this mental assault coming from? I expect I missed that part, Saba or something I assume?

Does she possess such range?

But yeah as far as I can tell BM is not a moving power, its a static power that needs peace and concentration.

Corran Horn, who would likely be in space as well, he was known for his exceptional skill with Illusions and Mind tricks and Telepathic abilities. Able to for a short time trick Luke when he was still learning AND unintentionally, as a Master he was probably the best in the order at it as far as I am aware.

Yeah but in-game cutscenes show her entering a trance, so I'm not sure we possess any proof that she can use it in-situ. Certainly not on such a massive scale.

Yes we do, multiple quotes confirm she was doing both or do I need to quote her actions during the battle of Iziz?

It is also as Selenial stated quite possible that she was using Battle Meditation in the Mandalorian Wars without even realising it, on a subconscious level.

Edited by LadyKulvax

You were both outright stating that she has to be sat in a trance to do this, she doesn't, so my point certainly does have relevance.

If she can easily ward off the mental strains of even more powerful Force users and fight them simultaneously then I don't see how Horn has this much effect at all.

Wait? what are you talking about in the second one? One can fight off a mental assault and physically fight at the same time, I never said to the Contrary..... I said ones mind can not be calm and Meditative while doing so, I have no idea what that second one has to do with anything.

The first part I never said anything of the kind, i was argueing with Beni that moving meditation allowed one to enter a Meditative Trance like state while on the move, thus allowing for stuff like Battle Meditation, he said thats not what Moving meditation does so i went ???? That is it, all I have said is one can not be in a meditative state while under a mental Assault, that is all.

Edit: bassically what I am trying to say is while Meetra has fought people with similar to greater Mental Assaulting capabilities she has never done so and Used Battle meditation at the same time even though she has that ability. i believe there is a reason for that.

Edited by tunewalker

The Hutt Cartel controls it and Selenial's supplier is the Hutt Cartel, therefore the RR controls it.
Well that would be the case if this were not the battleground, but it is so the following rules override that, as it is no longer within their controlled territory. Lets be clear here the Hutts are only in control of Stronghold One at this point.

Corran Horn, who would likely be in space as well, he was known for his exceptional skill with Illusions and Mind tricks and Telepathic abilities. Able to for a short time trick Luke when he was still learning AND unintentionally, as a Master he was probably the best in the order at it as far as I am aware.
Yeah but that is not something he could perform across the breadth of space, surely

Yeah but that is not something he could perform across the breadth of space, surely

He is in space.... Luke had a Mental game with Thul accrossed Galaxies, Horn was better then Luke at Telepathic and Mental capabilities.... he projected Illusions into an entire city at one point also if I recall.

Well that would be the case if this were not the battleground, but it is so the following rules override that, as it is no longer within their controlled territory. Lets be clear here the Hutts are only in control of Stronghold One at this point.

Calling bull **** on this.

You assured me I wouldn't lose any of my advantages if you used my supplier world as a battleground. You told me to keep Makeb as it wouldn't be an issue.

You can't just keep nerfing it 'cause reasons.

You know what I've been arguing all day for Selenial's faction and I am ending that as of now, I am the arbiter meant to arbitrate, someone else better decide to stop arguing for the faction that doesnt have Revan in it and make this an even debate instead of getting biased about it, Tune's faction has had Star, Tsuara(sorry for the spelling) and now Beni arguing for it almost exclusively, I'm fairly certain I'm missing someone as well.

Selenial has had... the arbiter and a few tidbits from others here and there this whole time.

As Colonel Tigh would say: "Get this frakking situ off my gods damned deck!"

Not being confrontational but get it sorted.