RIP Jedi Covenant

oldaquarian

They're able to use the forums so they are entitled to say what's on their mind about the game, positive or negative. It's your fault you are reading negative posts. No one's forcing you to.

Talking about WoW or Wildstar or ESO is unrelated to star wars and off topic. If they want to discuss how great those games are then go there and stop wasting people's time in the general discussion forums.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need to present what's been beaten like a dead horse that at this point it's common knowledge.

No it's not. Multiple users posted how they felt SWTOR was becoming or is now a cash grab and other games are striking their interest. It's crucial EAware knows so they can have a thriving game so they'll be able to improve and retain players long term. It may not always be Star Wars, but it is not off topic. The only ones who feel as if their time is being wasted is the blind defenders.

If it's so common then present it. Otherwise your claim holds no weight here. :)

well after this depressing thread me and 26 friends of mine who were subbed to this game all cancelled our subs and have pre-ordered wildstar.

i heard that game has over 15,000 hours of unique content. 35,000 hours if you count all the niche content like crafting.

Edited by keysmachine

Oh lookie here, exhibit A! :o

just saying that wildstar is the new jesus game..

remember when folks clamored over GW2 saying that was going to be the end all MMO? Yeah that failed.. BUT that's because everybody knew that wildstar would be the new thing and gw2 was the fake new thing.

wildstar will have an easy 25 million subs. day one. i heard they may even possibly garner 55 million subs by month 5.

Then stop praising Wildstar and leave and go play your awesome game. I'm so tired of people posting here supposedly unhappy saying this game is terrible or ex game is great.

Already have. End of open beta. Release on the 31st. Goodbye swtor, hello to real raiding ;) and actual content updates!

Speaking as a JC resident, lol

JC is fine. We get steady pugs for all relevant SM content every week. HM runs are constant, but mostly Guild affairs. And our population is just fine with 2-3 instances of Fleet every night, even the weekends and we're in the middle of that boring stretch that comes at the end of expansions.

Trolly post is trolly.

Sounds pretty much like my server. There's always something going on PvP and pve always pugs for sm ops, often for the easier hm with dp/df hm and all nm reserved for guilds mainly, but that makes sense. I think the pops have been pretty consistent. What I have noticed is the populations on the planets have increased a lot.

Op In my opinion and experience of mmos there is often a population drop in the summer months and it increases again towards winter for the obvious reasons could it be that?

I have been on Jedi Covenant for 2 years now and have watched its PVE progression decline drastically especially since 2.7. The population is slowly dying due to the relatively small PVE going on (and no 16 man sm Toborro's Courtyard is not PVE) There is only one group that has downed Brontes NiM on the server and the majority of the group has left for other servers. I'd hate to see Jedi covenant die since I've been there since launch, therefor i propose to change JC to an RP server. As it can no longer be called a PVE server and has never really had a good PVP player base, Bioware should change it to an RP server since that is the majority of people left.

Coming back on the subject, because it's important.

I'd like to step in before everyone, especially Devs, believe this.This is part trolling, part true. But isn't the core of the problem happening on our server (and possibly other servers).

The fundamental issue here is not the guilds involved but the individuals. Many know about the LD50 incident (From Canderous Ordo to JC ): A PvE/PvP guild that absorbed every or so, best players on the server then for bigger ambitions, imploded, in some way, when server transfering to PoT5 for PVP purposes, but same thing happened recently with all the ''puggin' ''going on, in PvE.

Overall, the main issue is that guilds are not worth anything, for PvE endgame purposes. Capable individuals are able to group up fast and effectively, progressing throught the NiM content at the same rate of their own guild or in addition to it. The big problem on our server, why it is '' supposedly dying'', is that these individuals regroup on alts or mains, leaving their guild members to create a ''stacked'' group. The said ''Guild'' that downed Brontes was a group formed of 8 great players from many guilds together but they grouped up only for the purpose of ''getting it down'' faster than their own guild.

The collateral damage is this tho : Creating a new group, therefore leaving their old guild or at least, reducing their presence with them, pushed back many guilds in their very own progression.

There are still guilds that are out there, and pretty alive, progression wise. You may add on top of that, server transfers and also, the possibility of reforming/reshaping stacked groups : it can get dangerous quick. Everything you do as an individual has an impact and its aftershocks. The result is huge modification of the overall health of guilds.

What must be adressed and fast, is the role Guild membership plays in your access to the Endgame ''Hardcore'' Progression. Don't get me wrong, i'm glad people are able to group up to effectively achieve tough content, what I don't like, is that individuals & their ambitions take over the very core point of what a guild is. The only thing that they have in common is the name and the shared desire to comply.

Progression guilds usually attract a lot of endgame PvErs. But when the content is done? Everything fells apart until the next update. But what about those left behind? Well they are rebuilding, constantly, trying to catch up.

So the main issue is that guilds struggling, while Stacked Pug groups, are able to progress faster, because they are optimised, effective and organized. Most of the time, they are the best players of their very own guild, and everything in a guild is about balance. If you remove key elements from something, solving the puzzle may take more time than the blink of an eye, because we are talking people, capabilites and time : it's not as easy as the other way around, which is getting a bit too common.

I don't ask people to reconsider, because what is done, is done. I would like people to realize that before making such claims as ''JC is a RP Server now'', they should be looking behind and maybe think again what the main reason behind it is.

I'd be more than happy to see a very open minded discussion about what led people to that type of behavior. Is it the guild system, the way OPS work or anything else? This is a serious concern that needs to be discussed, in my opinion.

So feel free to do so.

Problem here is that East Coast playerbase are divided in 2 servers. If both pve servers are merged into 1 East Coast pve server then situation would improve a lot. there is really no point in having 2 east coast pve servers when even during peak time both servers are only at standard population while the west coast server is heavy at the same time.

Yeah, but recently there's been no PvE to do. People are bored on all servers.

Note, nightmare mode and honestly progression rading isn't what this game needs. Yes, it needs a couple of difficulty tiers of content, but ones overcome more by gear and experience than fast twitch reactions to mechanics and such. Basically, nobody even tries NIM because it's not what interests them.

Speak for yourself. Theres 2 or 3 16 man guilds on JC working on NiM DF.

I have been on Jedi Covenant for 2 years now and have watched its PVE progression decline drastically especially since 2.7. The population is slowly dying due to the relatively small PVE going on (and no 16 man sm Toborro's Courtyard is not PVE) There is only one group that has downed Brontes NiM on the server and the majority of the group has left for other servers. I'd hate to see Jedi covenant die since I've been there since launch, therefor i propose to change JC to an RP server. As it can no longer be called a PVE server and has never really had a good PVP player base, Bioware should change it to an RP server since that is the majority of people left.

Wow. You cry a LOT. It's kinda funny. Anyway. Get off your butt and be the change you want to see on your server or shut the hell up already. -bp

well after this depressing thread me and 26 friends of mine who were subbed to this game all cancelled our subs and have pre-ordered wildstar.

i heard that game has over 15,000 hours of unique content. 35,000 hours if you count all the niche content like crafting.

Lies.

Speak for yourself. Theres 2 or 3 16 man guilds on JC working on NiM DF.

WOW!!! there are 3X16=48 players(maybe) in whole server doing the latest(re skinned) endgame ops and that is a big deal!! out of thousands of players playing in the server only 48 are doing latest end game content and that is to be boasted with great pride!!! you should have been shamed before writing it, at the very least you should have written 10 guilds of 8 men!!

WOW!!! there are 3X16=48 players(maybe) in whole server doing the latest(re skinned) endgame ops and that is a big deal!! out of thousands of players playing in the server only 48 are doing latest end game content and that is to be boasted with great pride!!! you should have been shamed before writing it, at the very least you should have written 10 guilds of 8 men!!

Considering there's only 15 guilds (listed on world progression) for all 16 servers, having 2 - 3 of them is pretty good for one server. I don't even pretend to know how many 8 man guilds are doing it but, probably a lot.

Speaking as a JC resident, lol

JC is fine. We get steady pugs for all relevant SM content every week. HM runs are constant, but mostly Guild affairs. And our population is just fine with 2-3 instances of Fleet every night, even the weekends and we're in the middle of that boring stretch that comes at the end of expansions.

Trolly post is trolly.

100% agreed.

My days of progression raids are mostly over. I do enjoy the constant pug ops group though. To me, the health of a server is based on how many LFM 16M Ops are going on at any given night. And that is still going on strong with JC.

My server was merged with JC a bit ago, so I'm not a native. But I think the server is doing decently in terms of PuGs and chit chat in fleet. And I recently got the Galactic achievement when I hit my 8th toon to 55 (one of each class). So I play on both sides fairly evenly, and the PuG activity (to me at least) is pretty strong.

I have noticed that the Imp side, there is a high chance everyone on the pug knows the fights and all the mechanics. The Pub side, there's a strong chance in a 16m pug that 3-4 people have no clue and have never been in there before. BUT, Imp side is full of loot greedy people that roll need on gear even though they are in full 180's. Pub side is more than willing to share the loots.

That's just my own observations.

Coming back on the subject, because it's important.

I'd like to step in before everyone, especially Devs, believe this.This is part trolling, part true. But isn't the core of the problem happening on our server (and possibly other servers).

The fundamental issue here is not the guilds involved but the individuals. Many know about the LD50 incident (From Canderous Ordo to JC ): A PvE/PvP guild that absorbed every or so, best players on the server then for bigger ambitions, imploded, in some way, when server transfering to PoT5 for PVP purposes, but same thing happened recently with all the ''puggin' ''going on, in PvE.

Overall, the main issue is that guilds are not worth anything, for PvE endgame purposes. Capable individuals are able to group up fast and effectively, progressing throught the NiM content at the same rate of their own guild or in addition to it. The big problem on our server, why it is '' supposedly dying'', is that these individuals regroup on alts or mains, leaving their guild members to create a ''stacked'' group. The said ''Guild'' that downed Brontes was a group formed of 8 great players from many guilds together but they grouped up only for the purpose of ''getting it down'' faster than their own guild.

The collateral damage is this tho : Creating a new group, therefore leaving their old guild or at least, reducing their presence with them, pushed back many guilds in their very own progression.

There are still guilds that are out there, and pretty alive, progression wise. You may add on top of that, server transfers and also, the possibility of reforming/reshaping stacked groups : it can get dangerous quick. Everything you do as an individual has an impact and its aftershocks. The result is huge modification of the overall health of guilds.

What must be adressed and fast, is the role Guild membership plays in your access to the Endgame ''Hardcore'' Progression. Don't get me wrong, i'm glad people are able to group up to effectively achieve tough content, what I don't like, is that individuals & their ambitions take over the very core point of what a guild is. The only thing that they have in common is the name and the shared desire to comply.

Progression guilds usually attract a lot of endgame PvErs. But when the content is done? Everything fells apart until the next update. But what about those left behind? Well they are rebuilding, constantly, trying to catch up.

So the main issue is that guilds struggling, while Stacked Pug groups, are able to progress faster, because they are optimised, effective and organized. Most of the time, they are the best players of their very own guild, and everything in a guild is about balance. If you remove key elements from something, solving the puzzle may take more time than the blink of an eye, because we are talking people, capabilites and time : it's not as easy as the other way around, which is getting a bit too common.

I don't ask people to reconsider, because what is done, is done. I would like people to realize that before making such claims as ''JC is a RP Server now'', they should be looking behind and maybe think again what the main reason behind it is.

I'd be more than happy to see a very open minded discussion about what led people to that type of behavior. Is it the guild system, the way OPS work or anything else? This is a serious concern that needs to be discussed, in my opinion.

So feel free to do so.

In regard to the "stacked" group, shouldn't guilds be formed with players on the same skill base - i don't see the enjoyment of one or two players carrying a whole raid team. Even if this stacked group caused the JC progression to slow why hasn't any guild downed NiM brontes yet? Correct me if i am wrong but the group was formed from a bunch of guilds and if the reason the leftover guilds couldn't down Brontes is because of the 2 and almost 3 people that left a single guild don't you think that's a problem. There shouldn't be one or so people in a raid group that are irreplaceable if you cant kill bosses or have a much harder time killing the easier ones now that they left - i dont see why those people stuck around for as long as they did - yes it does slow you down trying to replace good players but we are almost at week 6 of the new NiM content. My suggestion is raids shouldn't depend on the few raiders that are clearly carrying the others - this way when they end up leaving for something better the raid wont completely fall apart or try to turn into a 16 man guild.

My days of progression raids are mostly over. I do enjoy the constant pug ops group though. To me, the health of a server is based on how many LFM 16M Ops are going on at any given night. And that is still going on strong with JC.

My server was merged with JC a bit ago, so I'm not a native. But I think the server is doing decently in terms of PuGs and chit chat in fleet. And I recently got the Galactic achievement when I hit my 8th toon to 55 (one of each class). So I play on both sides fairly evenly, and the PuG activity (to me at least) is pretty strong.

I have noticed that the Imp side, there is a high chance everyone on the pug knows the fights and all the mechanics. The Pub side, there's a strong chance in a 16m pug that 3-4 people have no clue and have never been in there before. BUT, Imp side is full of loot greedy people that roll need on gear even though they are in full 180's. Pub side is more than willing to share the loots.

That's just my own observations.

I haven't dipped into the pub-side of things very much, but you're very much correct on the assessment on Imp-side of things.

Explanation of what's going on in this thread, for those not versed in the JC nightmare progression scene: (Focusing mostly on the facts of the situation.)

OP, as well as the two others who support him on the first page of the thread, were part of the supergroup/pug that downed NiM Brontes server 1st (and still only) / world 9th. Good for them.

They subsequently have joined (or, in some cases, were already in) guilds on Harbinger and Pot5, and had notable success in those guilds. Again, good for them.

Some of this group enjoy trolling in various ways, and the OP seems largely to be a troll post, in part bragging about still being the only Brontes kill on the server. The other part: There is somewhat less progression going on, and rather less camaraderie, on JC now; more on this below.

----

JC Progression scene recently:

With their leaving, JC lost the pug/supergroup plus some guilds they left have dissolved or been set back. Also, before all this, another guild with many server firsts fizzled out due to people leaving and hasn't participated in progression.

Some of the supergroup/pug were prime movers in the hard mode pug scene prior to 2.7, though by 2.6 or so they stopped pugging as much outside their clique and also many more people were capable of pugging HM by that point. Still, with their leaving, there's less [hard mode] pugging going on.

Still, there's some decent progression going on, though not truly top level stuff (as in, no further Brontes kills yet):

Off the top of my head I can count 5 guilds that have downed through Corrupter Zero NiM plus 2 more who have downed through Grobthok NiM (and possibly Corrupter Zero by this point; not sure) and are still actively progressing and playing on the server.

Further, I know of at least 4 more guilds on republic side that are working on Draxus NiM and have nearly got it (possibly some of these have downed Draxus by this point). I'm sure there are more of this sort that I just don't know about.

There is less communication in the progression scene now.

----

Comparison with other NA servers re Brontes (as far as I know):

Harbinger: 4 guilds have downed Brontes (though 1 of these was not the 1st time for any of the members)

Pot5: 3 guilds have downed Brontes

Shadowlands: 2 guilds have downed Brontes

Bastion: 1 guild has downed Brontes

Jedi Covenant: 1 guild has downed Brontes (though most members have left the server)

Ebon Hawk: 0 guilds have downed Brontes

Begeren Colony: 0 guilds have downed Brontes

Hard to compare the pre-Brontes progression as some of those groups don't post their progress and I don't know the scene on the other servers.

-------

So, yes, JC progression is suffering some. There's still some decent activity, though not as much and not truly top tier. Also, communication / camaraderie isn't great.

Anyway, for all those posting in this thread, that's what this is really about.

Edited by cxten

The population is fine. You need a better guild. Mine is almost capped and we are level 50+ only. All alts under 50 are in a an alt guild. We have multiple 8 man progression teams, and many HM teams. However, I aint got the time I used to have to sit at home playing video games. People really need to stop making new guilds and join one that needs you. Constantly breaking up & making new guilds solves nothing. Edited by Kourage

...so, do progressionists get money or something for being Server Xth/World Xth? I'm a little confused as to why a handful of respondents seem so gung-ho about a concept that appears to require a pile of work for an arguably meaningless achievement (an argument made stronger if there's no cash on the table for accomplishing it). -bp

...so, do progressionists get money or something for being Server Xth/World Xth? I'm a little confused as to why a handful of respondents seem so gung-ho about a concept that appears to require a pile of work for an arguably meaningless achievement (an argument made stronger if there's no cash on the table for accomplishing it). -bp

It's a game, and different people have fun doing different things. Some enjoy relaxing & chatting. Some enjoy amassing credits. Some enjoy killing bosses. Some enjoy killing bosses before other people have killed those bosses. Some enjoy roleplaying. Some enjoy gearing out their characters. Some enjoy the story. Some enjoy casual pvp. Some enjoy seeing their pvp rating go up. Some enjoy challenging pvp matches. Some enjoy completing achievements. Some enjoy parsing on the dummy. Some enjoy cool mounts or pets. Etc.

Edited by cxten