View Single Post

StarSquirrel
05.12.2014 , 09:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Forgive me but you've failed to actually provide a reason for why Ashoka's role in Season 1 and 2 was a bad one.

All you've said is that you think its pandering. Well that's your opinion, and no more meritorious than saying that Star Wars as a whole is just pandering towards sci-fi fans. Well duh.

Its called appealing to your audience, pretty important when writing stories.

EDIT: Every maybe thought that just maybe that what they eventually did with Ashoka was the plan all along?
Beni, she was absolutely horrible in seasons 1 and 2, read the freakin comments in this thread more carefully and you'll see more than one argument so don't give me the "I haven't seen a good argument" BS because you just don't WANT to see it.

I know you like her, and that is fine. But you can't just deny that others have valid reasons to dislike her because you don't agree with them.

For instance, in seasons 1 and 2 we see her use stupid nicknames, is extremely naive, her story doesn't fit naturally into the existing canon at the time, she doesn't have much character development (in seasons 1 and 2), she is constantly being an obnoxious brat, she is a child with a lightsaber and flying starships as well as leading soldiers into battle (something no legitimate soldier would tolerate). etc...

The list goes on so don't give me or Tune your "you've failed to actually provide a reason" line again Beni. Just open your eyes for half a second.

All that said. I HATED her in seasons 1 and 2 (one of the reasons aside from Hippe Mandos that I refused to watch TCW for a long time), and if that was Lucasart's plan all along then it should have been buried long ago and never seen the light of day. However, her later stories especially her personal arc was something of adequate redemption and so I like her well enough now.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard