View Single Post

Aries_cz
05.11.2014 , 03:58 AM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I'm a bit bummed conquest is just PvE.

This would be the PERFECT way to get open world pvp back on track.

Slap a small fort/outpost in each zone on a contested planet with a circle around it where you get auto flagged for combat and have factions duke it out for them and with them planetary control. The PvE quest thing can go on on uncontested planets. With the number of contested planets you have and the amount of capture points on each planet you could have faction imbalance and zerg rushing around would be more than adequately mitigated. 50 imps camping the dune sea outpost? Well us dozen reps are blitzing hoth then.
Well, they did not discard it all together. It is understandable that they want to avoid it given how people on PvE servers whine about getting killed in Rakghould Tunnels etc., but I think that there still might be room for PvP missions.
All that would be needed is to make those missions level based, so that there are no rewards for ganking low level players (and that there are rewards for killing players around your level), and all those "nasty PvPers" can do is annoy people by not letting them get to the objectives, and thus guiding guilds to do these things in groups, as it is meant to.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos