View Single Post

Deewe
05.09.2014 , 03:57 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey TUX,

I do entirely understand the sentiment behind the question. Unfortunately the answer is surprisingly not simple. Placing of decorations may work a bit differently than some might expect and as such we would like to show you. To your own point, we have to manage expectations and I would hate to have me explain it since that won't really do it justice. You need to see it

More information on that coming soon™!

-eric
Let's make it simple: players won't have free item placement, then we might better not expect advanced features like roll or scale items.

To be clear features like above aren't mandatory and one could certainly end with a nicely furnished house without them.

Now from a player point of view, we know others games provides such features and even way more.
Sadly games who went the shorter route (like LotRo) disappointed the player base interested in such game play.

In the end it might hurt your player base more than not adding these.
Because once the feature is in game, players know the core design won't ever change.
Then you have them disappointed and everything you're going to write down won't change their opinion.

P.S.: Anyway thanks for the honest answer, appreciated
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle