Thread: Expansion to 60
View Single Post

Khevar
05.09.2014 , 03:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
BIS isn't BIS for all time, its BIS for current content. Once that content changes, BIS becomes "next best" and so forth.

If 50-55 is any indication, BIS will work for leveling and probably SM flashpoints without the need to grind, but will not be sufficient for ops. With rakata gear I was able to get passed Makeb easily and replace some gear with crafted and drops as you leveled. Once we hit level cap we were sufficiently geared for 55 HM and SM operations. But attempting to do 55SM operations in pure rakata gear was ill advised.

tl;dr BIS will work for awhile, but will probably be replaced quickly by both crafted gear and drops from quests/flashpointes etc. new BIS will only be gained from the level capped HMs and will need to progress as usual to get there.
When 2.0 first dropped, my main toon was in fully optimized Dread Guard (150 rating). Makeb was too easy, but level 55 HM FPs and SM Ops were okay.

If the same thing happens again, I would imagine that people in 180+ would be overgeared for any new planetary content, but would be fine any new HM FPs and any new SM Operations.