View Single Post

GrandLordMenace
04.21.2014 , 09:51 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
This is understandable and will happen to many players, even me no doubt =/

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers!
Dude, stick to your guns. You guys got it for once.

At this point, progression is a lot less important because you are getting ranked comms from ranked, unlike regs where you don't get ranked comms, you can only convert them. If losses gave wins, scrubs could just lose their way to lots of ranked comms, an unfavorable situation and a detriment to a ranked community that is based on a rating system.

In addition, wins and losses should not be the only thing that is affected by rating. Medals, kills, healing done, damage done, and match length should influence rating. The reasoning for this, is that a ROFL stomp should decrease your rating more so that you compete with players at your level, whilst a close hairpullingly long match is more indictive that this is a good level for you to compete in, and should not adjust your rating significantly.

I also think that you guys should test a matchmajing system that measures the added up gear rating of your gear and attempts to organize matches to meet average gear rates.

Because the dailies and weeklies are awarded via wins only I think that giving a small, keyword, SMALL rating increase will be beneficial.
Rydarus Veneris the Eternal Forum Warrior, Lord of Alacrity, of the Ruined World, 8/10 HM TOS/Rav 9/10 Dread Nightmares
GuardDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/12/11/swtor-3-...de-by-rydarus/