View Single Post

MarsherMeow
04.21.2014 , 05:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
This is understandable and will happen to many players, even me no doubt =/

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers!
The problem with it being wins is that its going to scare off people that are kind of on the borderline of doing it. They might be in all Obroan and somewhat decent at their class and they see the daily and go "oh this requires wins, I'm probably not going to win so I just won't bother"

Have matches played is going to attract a lot more people on the borderline and get them into it in the long term even if it does attract a few more "bads".