View Single Post

Ludwig_VanCover
03.31.2014 , 03:48 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Hello Warzone Aficionados!

We are starting our pre-production (ideation stage, if you are into buzzwords) for the next Warzone and we want to get your ideas for a new Warzone!

We have a few ideas (even got a few prototypes on the backburner) on what we would like to do and what we *think* you would like but we want to hear your ideas before we move forward with a design!

Remember when you post, the more information the better. Layout pictures and descriptions always help, some of us are visual learners =P Think about and post your thoughts on how will the scoring work? What is the goal for each player? Will some players have different goals? How can players make a come-from-behind victory? Is this fun? The more questions you ask yourself about a design that you can answer and feel good about, the better the design.

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus on a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also there is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something ya'll want!

Also please note that this Warzone will not be released Live during the current Road Map.

Looking forward to reading what yall have in mind!

Cheers!
Hey Alex,

I don't know if this suggestion is worth putting here (maybe I should start a new thread?) but how about a PvP warzone that is always up and resets every 30 mins? Something like the following:

PvP Title: Ilum Warfare

Objective: Control 3 Objective Points on Ilum and gain increased XP points /valor (?) per kill? Maybe you can add a "PvP" reputation for this type of game play like "Soldier of the Republic/Empire"...

How it works: You create an instanced PvP map that essentially never ends. 8 imps and 8 reps can be in the instance and each time one drops, someone else is added to the instance. There are 3 "control" points that start off as a base for each faction (so that is already 2) and a neural one in the middle. Each time you gain control of a base, NPCs (that attack, mind you, and would be a feat to take on - probably elites) for your faction spawn at the control point and help you defend it while you are off attacking other bases.

Now you might be saying "How do we prevent one faction from always holding control of control points?"... Well, you could add a system where if more than 2 control points are held by a certain faction, a "dropship" of 4 champion level NPCs are dispatched at a random control point and will fight any NPC/Player on the opposing faction to gain control of that control point. If that control point is taken, the NPCs dispawn... If it is not, it happens again at another place.

So, can you "win" in this type of map/playstyle? The answer is... no. It would always keeping happening and with smart players, the game play of the map will always change. The option to reset everything at 30 mins is just a suggestion if there are randomly long stalemates (but I don't see any in this idea) and also for the instance to start clean.

What else could Bioware do to make this map be enjoyable/worthwhile to play?
This game play is very easy (imo) to add additional PvP dailies. For example: Control 2 of the 3 Control Points in Ilum Warfare for more than 5 minutes; Kill X amount of players in Ilum Warfare; Kill X amount of each factions champion/elites mobs; etc. Don't forget that reputation idea. Each kill/each time you gain an objective, you are granted +rep points.

I hope you guys like this and please let me know if you liked this idea or if you saw any potential issues. I love this feedback between players and devs! Keep at it, Bioware!

EDIT: The map, if you would compare it to the original ilum open world PvP idea. should be at least half the size. I am not saying use the old Ilum map, but rather create a new zone. Heck, you could use this idea for a number of places, such as Hutta, Hoth, etc...
SWTORApps.com - Character Armory and More | Guild: The Army of Light

Enjoy a FREE 7 day Subscription, character transfer, and free goodies mailed to all your characters - click here (Referral)