View Single Post

03.26.2014 , 02:02 PM | #7
Personally, I always like crafting because I'm way too damn OCD to depend on the GTN. There are times when I absolutely MUST have all purple gear for my lvl 19 trooper alt.

What makes it even funnier is that I rarely craft all the mods ahead of time, but will stop leveling the specific alt in question for a night while I grind out all the purple mods, then finally gear him up the next day. I'll also spend tens of thousands of credits (or more) buying the specific purple crafting materials I need because I don't happen to have them on hand.

So... in the end, I find I've wasted a ton of time and credits on mods that provide a negligible bonus over the ones I easily could have gotten from the modification vendors with the planetary comms that I end up maxing out anyways. Plus, given the time I spend doing all that, if I'd just gotten the mods with planetary comms, I would likely have been 2-3 levels further ahead anyway.

But... having said all that, I'm kinda starting to lose interest in SWTOR, so I find my interest in silly things like creating mods now.
Cancelled subscription again. Heading back to Star Wars Galaxies on Bloodfin. Send me an email if you're interested in learning about it (or Google Bloodfin).