View Single Post

psandak
03.21.2014 , 09:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
Please, oh PLEASE, spend some time on the Gathering and Mission Skill window. Give it some of the Dev-Love that the GTN has received. It is so unbelievability tedious to acquire the desired materials. Jumping on and off my ship just to refresh the mission list is not a solid long-term solution.

If you don't want to spent the time to add all of the fancy filters right now, then please, almighty Devs PLEASE at least spend a day or two coding in a simple "REFRESH" button.

If I want Underworld Metals, please show me ONLY Underworld Metal Missions.
If I don't want to run "Moderate" Missions at all, please allow me to toggle them off.
The flaw in the design you suggest is:
  1. If one player has the ability to easily refresh mission lists then EVERY player has that ability. (Yes every player has it now with relog but you'd probably be surprised how few actually take advantage of it)
  2. The reason one wants an easier way to refresh is is to take advantage of a low supply market.
  3. The supply is low because most players don't refresh. (as I just said, you'd be surprised how few do the relog dance).
  4. If everyone has the ability to refresh then supply increases
  5. having the ability to refresh mission lists kills the market one is hoping to take advantage of