Thread: [Synthweaving] Best way to make money synthweaving?
View Single Post

abercromb
03.20.2014 , 05:59 AM | #11
Making money from any of the crafting options is not easy. If your starting out the competition for 28 augments means you probably can't afford to do it and make a profit. You won't have the mountain of materials many players who have been in game since launch have.

My advice is to think about who you are selling to. At level 50-55 nearly everyone is in cartel market armour fitted out with components from flashpoints, operations, Makeb or bought with planet comms. Augments are all most of those people need. But if you dial it down a few levels crafting starts to become viable. Most people like myself will wear crafted armour up until the point they switch to cartel stuff. Certainly all the companions will. That armour is bought from the GTM or crafted themselves. I tend not to waste planet comms when I am in my 30's and early 40's on armour. Like most people I save them for the Makeb mods etc you can buy at 50. So that leaves a gap that people like to improve a character but can only do it through crafting or buying. It's why level 3/4/5 materials are so expensive to buy off the GTM. So my tip, gather and craft blue items wearable in your 20's, 30's, early 40's. You will be surprised how expensive they are on the trader and you should make a lot of money.