I've said it EVERY time this request has come up: what's good for the individual is not necessarily good for the community. Follow the logic:
- If one player has the ability to trade in lower materials for higher EVERY player has that ability.
- The reason one wants this is to take advantage of a low supply market.
- The supply is low because most players cannot run missions 24/7 and the crit rate is relatively low.
- If everyone has the ability to trade in then supply increases
- having the ability kills the market one is hoping to take advantage of
I keep going back to it because it is the perfect example: Frost Lotus in WoW WotLK.
- Rare drop, supply low, high demand, translated to very value high.
- Players SCREAMED on the forums for an increase in drop rate and/or a way to trade less valuable items for Frost Lotus.
- A year later, Blizzard gave the players what they wanted: an increase in drop rate of 50% (5% chance to 7.5%) and a vendor where one can trade in Frozen orbs (in SWTOR terms, Biometric Crystal Alloy) for Frost Lotus (and several other items).
- Almost overnight the value of Frost Lotus dropped 80% (from 100 gold to 20 gold); at its all time low, one could get a Frost Lotus for as little as 5 gold
- and the crafted items (Flasks: AKA Prototype Stims) that used Frost Lotus also radically dropped in value; sellers became dependent on crits for modest profits.
Is that what you really want to happen to TRs?
Besides they are definitely not useless - crafting augment slot kits and blue quality augments. have you ever tried selling blue quality augments...HIGHER profit margin than purple