View Single Post

03.13.2014 , 08:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AmagonofBloodfin View Post
I disagree only with the statement that it's impossible to change this or any game's formula. that's the entire point of an mmo is that it is constantly changing. changing the way your get your core base of stats shouldn't have any impact on what content you wish to enjoy.

I guess my point is that if all the gear was equal, then you wouldn't need better gear anyways. I just don't see the point in arguin against a level playing field in favor of tiered min/maxing for personal gain. If everyone had the same armor cores, there would be no walls to grind through, everything would be just cosmetic reward wise and content balanced against skill and not gear.

I'm not understanding your "it's impossible" attitude, because physically it's very possible.
Impossible in the sense that it would require a drastic overhaul of what the game had also what makes you think everyone feels the same way you do in terms of skill? Your assuming everyone would like skill based combat and therein lies an issue because some people myself included do NOT like skill based combat only.

Another thing I would like to point out is that for those raiders who work tirelessly to get through the hardest content and get rewarded with the best gear would feel marganilsed because their efforts would be invalidated because as you said "all gear would be equal"

Wait hold on, did you say min/maxing for personal gain? You saying it is a bad thing when a player wants to get optimal stats to maximize their DPS, heals or threat? You are right that MMO's can evolve but many of the aspects you referring to would better suited to a sandbox not a themepark. Another thing, I highly disagree with your assertion that the point of a MMO is to constantly change, as to me the point of a MMO is to invest time in a character and be social.

I am not sure if you are understanding this but you simply can't say that rewards for raiding need to be cosmetic that is a huge slap in the face to those who work hard to earn their way. Again because you do not take part in said content you don't actually get to say what the rewards should be.

Edit: One final thing, you mentioned how content would be "balanced" to skill rather than gear. That to me feels like you want things dumbed down, It probably isn't but why do things need to be balanced? Some things you require to have more than just skill to complete.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.