Double XP + RestXP + BonusXP boost...

FooBard

Rest xp doesn't work on double xp weekends (it is actually turned off, you still have all that rested xp left after the weekend).

Other than that, the easiest way to calculate any xp during the double xp weekend is to just double your base xp.

So if you kill a guy for 100xp with a 25% booster and a 30% legacy boost and a 10% guild xp boost, you would end up with 165xp on a normal day.

But on a double xp day it would be 200xp +65% giving you 330xp

Rest xp doesn't work on double xp weekends (it is actually turned off, you still have all that rested xp left after the weekend).

Wow... How &$@^@#%$ lame......

So I have a LOT of characters on my server (17), which i play most of them.

I always have rested XP on any character I play because of this.

So for people like myself... will just be a normal weekend.

This is just a bonus for the free to play people. Double lame.

When LOTRO does a double XP weekend, you get the extra 100% xp boost on top of rested XP. So it is like a 3x XP weekend for "subscribers".

:mad:

When LOTRO does a double XP weekend, you get the extra 100% xp boost on top of rested XP. So it is like a 3x XP weekend for "subscribers".

No, it's not the same as rested XP.

Rested only doubles XP from kills. Double XP weekends doubles everything a regular 25% XP boost does. In particular, doubling XP from completing missions is a big boost.

• Dev Post
How does Double XP weekend stack with everything else? Just adds up?

Is RestXP + DoubleXP + BonusXP (25% buff) going to give us 325% total, or is it more?

Hope that question made sense.

I saw some folks asking for it in another thread so I thought I would post this here. During our original Double XP event I made a "mathy" post explaining a bit about how it worked, you can find it here.

Here is what I said:

Thanks for the segue! Let me blow your minds :rak_03:

My understanding of the system is that all of our boosts will multiply from the new base of 200%, so now is the perfect time to get those Legacy perks and XP boosts. I will show you why.

Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb entirely through... Flashpoints.

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

+30% Flashpoint Legacy perk

*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE

Since both of the boosts are being applied to double base XP, they are also doubled. Do you know what that means?!

+310% bonus experience! That is over triple the experience. Enjoying your leveling my friends!

TLDR, yes they stack and for the math nerds it is multiplicative on top of the new base of 200% (assuming I understood it all correctly)

-eric

Thanks!

-eric

calcualation is basically this

xp_mult(Base + %guild boost + %legacy + %consumable)

so on a normal date you would get a max of 10% from guild

30% from legacy for (FP, exploration, class story, wz or space)

25% from consumables for (FP, exploration, class story, wz, space, or all).

you would get 100% base if you are a sub, more if reseted.

meaning unrested XP would be 1.65 or 165% of normal with all the buffs.

so for 2x weekends you get a MAXIMUM

2(100% + 10%max_guild + %30Legacy + 25%consumable) = 2(1 + .1 + .3 + .25) = 2(1.65) = 330%

so you can get up to 330% more experience than just being outside a guild, no consumable and no legacy.

I saw some folks asking for it in another thread so I thought I would post this here. During our original Double XP event I made a "mathy" post explaining a bit about how it worked, you can find it here.

Here is what I said:

Thanks!

-eric

Thanks Eric!

For me the fun factor is strange in this game compare to other MMO games I play. For this game leveling is the fun factor, once you get to 55 that's when the fun factor hits the brakes. Now in other MMO games the fun starts when you reach that max level not during the leveling up process. But then again I'm strange :eek:

Eric may can further clarify, but F2P actually has a reduction. So I believe subs normally get 110% xp during normal leveling + buffs/rested xp. So rested is turned off and the sub bonus is turned off so it goes down to 100% and is then doubled.

Oh, also it has been suggested by the power levelers to skip your class quests during double xp. Only do planet quest line, side quests, and heroics. This goes even faster if you can get a "power level" by having a 55 tag along with you. The latter is how some of the power levelers pulled off a 1-55 in 23hrs last double xp event. Craziness!

Nope, that's not how it works. No need to get mad.

So easiest xp harvesting game just became easier and now I get 1 level up per 1 run of Kuat instead of 2 runs of kuat ? :(

Doesn't your sub run out in 2 weeks anyway?

Haven't you completed all the storylines and all the content already?

So why even play?

Why complain about an event that lets others level ther umpteenth character without having to do all the extra stuff that they don't want to do?

Eric may can further clarify, but F2P actually has a reduction. So I believe subs normally get 110% xp during normal leveling + buffs/rested xp. So rested is turned off and the sub bonus is turned off so it goes down to 100% and is then doubled.

Sub bonus is not turned off.

Basically, you get 200% of what you would usually get.

Now, if that is 110% of what F2P get for subs, that's still 200% of what they get on a normal day.

Meaning that F2P still get a little less than subs, but their regular xp is still doubled.

(also, nitpicky here, but F2P doesn't have a "reduction", subs have a bonus. Big difference... F2P actually has the base xp while subs get a little more)

Oh, also it has been suggested by the power levelers to skip your class quests during double xp. Only do planet quest line, side quests, and heroics. This goes even faster if you can get a "power level" by having a 55 tag along with you. The latter is how some of the power levelers pulled off a 1-55 in 23hrs last double xp event. Craziness!

IIRC it was 15-55 in something like 9 hours. (total playtime, no pauses included in that time)

I personally think doing the KDY flashpoint over and over will have you getting there even faster.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

It is not lame... the last time we had double xp.. i got my level 38 shadow to 55 in 2 days and a level 45 to 55 as well

its not lame if you were around last time double xp was out.... i got two toons from 40 to 55 in the double xp period

you get ALOT of xp

It is not lame... the last time we had double xp.. i got my level 38 shadow to 55 in 2 days and a level 45 to 55 as well