View Single Post

Vaidinah
03.02.2014 , 04:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Manweth View Post
One question:

While tanking on my alt, I've noticed problems arose even if I executed the strongest aggro opener if DPS was getting lucky crits.

So I did the obvious thing and started to use Reflect after force sweep or after GRD slash, then I taunted.

The initial aggro is so high that way that even a shadow would be flabbergasted.

I understand it's a Def. CD, but it's a 1min cooldown and at start, healers are untaxed so they should technically be able to cope without you using Reflect for first minute.

Question is: Why is using Reflect not mentioned anywhere in opener rotations?
It's mentioned near the beginning of the Beginner Opener and mentioned in both the Advanced and Master sub-sections in the paragraphs below.

Beginner

Quote: Originally Posted by Vaidinah View Post
Saber Throw
Force Leap + Saber Reflect
Advanced

Saber Reflect can be used to boost your opener as it adds 8592 threat, but then it canít be used defensively for one minute.
Master

Saber Reflect can be used near the beginning of the rotation if desired for extra aggro, but I only recommend this if you are using it on a boss that has nothing for you to Reflect in the next minute (like Nefra or Tyrans) since you are essentially wasting a defensive cooldown to do so.
So you can and should use Saber Reflect if the boss has nothing for you to Reflect in the first minute. If you are unsure whether there are any reflectable attacks or aren't comfortable with doing the Master Opener yet, just use Saber Reflect. The loss in overall mitigation is fairly small so it's not a big deal either way.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master